Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Summer2019 wrote: »
    Hi in this competition did anyone get called for interview with a score from stage 1 (90-99)?
    Outside Dublin location.

Nope...I scored 92 at stage 1...I would be surprised if I was called this year, if at all...Unless the panels fly after the summer. I would love to be proved wrong however![/QUOTE]

Hi there, just following on from the above query - did PAS even do shortlisting for candidates who scored (90-99) in stage 1 (let alone be called for interview) ?[/quote]

They would only look at shortlisting if the demand came up I’d have thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SOT2019

SFC1895 wrote: »
    My friend is in the batch they're currently going through, and she reckons that they've reached close to 30 on that (Open rather than InterD presumably).

On another note, the results of my own Dept's internal AP comp were released last week- I placed quite highly on that so am likely to be appointed in the short-term.

I've been in touch with PAS this week, based on what they told me they should be at 19 on the Interdepartmental and 36 on the Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

SOT2019 wrote: »
    I've been in touch with PAS this week, based on what they told me they should be at 19 on the Interdepartmental and 36 on the Open.

Terrific news:) Thanks for posting this

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but which Batch are they up to now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but which Batch are they up to now?

They are on batch 1.2. Batch 2 were interviewed in March.

• Advertisement

Thanks ! So once everyone on Batch 1.2 is appointed, they will start on Batch 2?

Thanks ! So once everyone on Batch 1.2 is appointed, they will start on Batch 2?
    That’s the process.

March or April?

March or April?

April

• Registered Users Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

March or April?

April as far as I know. Any ideas the size of batch 1.2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Mickla

I'm in Batch 1.2 - my placing is mid 30s on interdepartmental and mid 50s on open.

Hi all, I've just been contacted for clearance and I'm in low 20s InterD, low 40s Open. They must have got a decent sized request in the past few days (at least 5 people) since my last post! I had given up hope of it moving much at all over the summer months but it seems it's ticking away.

Hi all, I've just been contacted for clearance and I'm in low 20s InterD, low 40s Open. They must have got a decent sized request in the past few days (at least 5 people) since my last post! I had given up hope of it moving much at all over the summer months but it seems it's ticking away.

Congratulations! Brilliant news, thanks for letting us know

Congratulations! Brilliant news, thanks for letting us know

Thanks very much! :) Hopefully it keeps moving along at a decent pace now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

That’s excellent news, congrats.

It seems the call might come sooner than expected, I’d written it off until the Autumn but if the current pace keeps up (nearly 20 from Open placed in 5 weeks) it won’t be too long.

Good luck with your new role.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CaroTee

Has anyone on a regional panel got called yet? I live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Samo36835

Going for HEO in coming weeks and wondering if anyone has a good website to practice aptitude tests? I’m willing to pay as really want this.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Starlight321

I paid for package with Assessment Day, a uk website. Found them good and they are cheaper than others .

quote="Samo36835;110515835"]Going for HEO in coming weeks and wondering if anyone has a good website to practice aptitude tests? I’m willing to pay as really want this.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Gadgetman99

Hi All,

Would I be right in saying the next AP competition won't open until 2020?

When does this panel re set?

Thanks so much for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Panels on this one run until 30th October 2020. I'd be surprised if another one ran before January 2021, but it all depends on the demand for APs at that stage of course.

Hi All,

Would I be right in saying the next AP competition won't open until 2020?

When does this panel re set?

Thanks so much for the help.

• Advertisement

Can I just ask, as they are on batch 1.2, then following that there is a panel of people that have been interviewed on Batch 2.

Is there also a group of people - Batch 3 that have been gone through the shortlisting stage , the etray stage but not interviewed yet?

Can I just ask, as they are on batch 1.2, then following that there is a panel of people that have been interviewed on Batch 2.

Is there also a group of people - Batch 3 that have been gone through the shortlisting stage , the etray stage but not interviewed yet?

Yes, there is a batch 3 awaiting interview but with no dates as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

I'm not sure if it's being called Batch 3 but I have gone through shortlisting, verification and etray but not been interviewed yet. It could be a while before that happens if they have the entirety of Batch 2 to place before they start thinking about giving us interviews!

oodles19 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if it's being called Batch 3 but I have gone through shortlisting, verification and etray but not been interviewed yet. It could be a while before that happens if they have the entirety of Batch 2 to place before they start thinking about giving us interviews!

Thanks very much for that. So Batch 3 must be the candidates that had
    achieved between 100 and 106 in Stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 busher07

I scored 95 in Stage 1 of the Regional AP - Does anyone know if they are going to verification stage yet?

busher07 wrote: »
    I scored 95 in Stage 1 of the Regional AP - Does anyone know if they are going to verification stage yet?

In a previous post it was mentioned that no one who scored between 90-99 from Stage 1 has been shortlisted as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Thanks very much for that. So Batch 3 must be the candidates that had
    achieved between 100 and 106 in Stage 1.

That's correct. I'm in that batch too and hoping to get an interview in the Autumn if they've made decent inroads on Batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

That's correct. I'm in that batch too and hoping to get an interview in the Autumn if they've made decent inroads on Batch 2.

I'm in the batch that has recently successfully gone through the shortlisting and e-tray (Batch 3 I think?) and I'm awaiting a date for interview.

Are you in that batch too?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

tigger123 wrote: »
    I'm in the batch that has recently successfully gone through the shortlisting and e-tray (Batch 3 I think?) and I'm awaiting a date for interview.

Are you in that batch too?

Yes, I'm in the same batch. I did the etray at the end of April and now awaiting interview. I'm guessing they might call us for interview when they get about half way through Batch 2 appointments (Dublin), for continuity, but no idea how big Batch 2 is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

Yes, I'm in the same batch. I did the etray at the end of April and now awaiting interview. I'm guessing they might call us for interview when they get about half way through Batch 2 appointments (Dublin), for continuity, but no idea how big Batch 2 is.

I'm in the same batch, and that's been kind of been my own take on it. Have kind of put it out of my head for the minute though; we'll get an interview at some stage I'm sure.

Would love to know the success rate at interview stage since they introduced the short-listing element of the competition.

Any posters here not pass the interview stage? (Horrible question, I'll admit!)

Advertisement