Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

I got an email update from PAS yesterday saying that there were still six on the open and 5 on the indepartmental for batch 1.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,404 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Cass50 wrote: »
    Can i ask Is that a call on going into clearance on Dublin panel batch 2?
    Yes

Veledan22 wrote: »
    I got an email update from PAS yesterday saying that there were still six on the open and 5 on the indepartmental for batch 1.2.

I also got below in an email (identifying bits chopped out) after phone call.
    Gmisk,

Thank you for taking my call. As discussed, we have reached your place on the Assistant Principal 2018 panel for Dublin.

I will be in touch with your current department shortly for a reference once we establish which department XXXXXX is under.

If you have decided not to proceed with your application please state this in writing in an email to myself

Should you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

gmisk wrote: »
    I am in 20s and got a phonecall about clearance (batch 2) today...no idea how many in batch 2.

I'm early 20s open batch 2 and have heard nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

ParkRunner wrote: »
    It sounds a bit on the high side alright, but perhaps those at the end of Batch 1.2, start of Batch 2 went into clearance a fortnight ago or so?

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm in the top 10 on the interd/top 15 for the Open for batch 2 and I haven't been contacted about clearance yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Cass50

Yes
    I find that worrying as I'm in top 10 on both in batch 2 and haven't been contacted re dublin clearance. I did get asked if i wanted to go into clearance for Louth and am top 5 on that. I best contact PAS tomorrow i guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Mickla

PAS are still on batch 1.2. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm mid 30s interdepartmental and mid 50s open. I will be promoted through the open competition, and I have got an email similar to gmisk and I am now in clearance. I'm assuming gmisk correct me if I am wrong you are getting promoted through the interdepartmental for batch 1.2, which would be in the late 20s early 30s now. As they haven't reached my place in the interdepartmental yet.

Mickla wrote: »
    PAS are still on batch 1.2. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm mid 30s interdepartmental and mid 50s open. I will be promoted through the open competition, and I have got an email similar to gmisk and I am now in clearance. I'm assuming gmisk correct me if I am wrong you are getting promoted through the interdepartmental for batch 1.2, which would be in the late 20s early 30s now. As they haven't reached my place in the interdepartmental yet.
    I honestly thought I was in panel 2 (not 1.2) in the emails from PAS they have even referred to it as panel 3 once!...I interviewed in April...I was in 20s I think.

To be honest I want to see where it is before making a decision because already offered a place on ICT AP one. I think I am on both inter and open yes.

I honestly thought I was in panel 2 (not 1.2) in the emails from PAS they have even referred to it as panel 3 once!...I interviewed in April...I was in 20s I think.

To be honest I want to see where it is before making a decision because already offered a place on ICT AP one. I think I am on both inter and open yes.
    If you were interviewed April then you are right you are batch 2. I'm the same so doesn't make sense. I will mail them today to see. Are you an existing civil servant? I'm thinking would it be something to do with my own dept

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I’m almost sure you said before you were interviewed and put on a panel in February so I reckon you’re Batch 1.2

• Advertisement

ParkRunner wrote: »
    I’m almost sure you said before you were interviewed and put on a panel in February so I reckon you’re Batch 1.2
    You are right! It was in Feb I had interview.
    But in email from Clearance I got the below.
    3rd batch of candidates for the Dublin Panel

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AP2019

Congrats!

Are PAS aware that you're on both panels? I wonder if they're trying to match you with a suitable role from the general stream based on your successful placement on the IT stream so that you will be placed quicker?
    You are right! It was in Feb I had interview.
    But in email from Clearance I got the below.
    3rd batch of candidates for the Dublin Panel

AP2019 wrote: »
    Congrats!
    Are PAS aware that you're on both panels? I wonder if they're trying to match you with a suitable role from the general stream based on your successful placement on the IT stream so that you will be placed quicker?
    Thanks.
    They are well I told them....so that might be possible my CV is obviously ICT heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Summer2019

Thanks.
    They are well I told them....so that might be possible my CV is obviously ICT heavy.

Hi All. Have Batch 3 candidates being shortlisted and have done the supervised tests and e-tray but not being interviewed yet?

If you were interviewed April then you are right you are batch 2. I'm the same so doesn't make sense. I will mail them today to see. Are you an existing civil servant? I'm thinking would it be something to do with my own dept

Did anyone from Batch 3 get interviewed?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Summer2019 wrote: »

Not yet Summer,

Hopefully in the next couple of months when they get stuck into Batch 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mariamujer

Did the Louth panel move to clearance? Was it just the Interdepartmental or did the Open move too? I was told about two months back that no vacancies had been logged.

Not yet Summer,

Thanks

Mariamujer wrote: »
    Did the Louth panel move to clearance? Was it just the Interdepartmental or did the Open move too? I was told about two months back that no vacancies had been logged.
    Yes I got asked last week if i wanted to go into clearance for Louth. Was 1 vacancy. I refused as was too far for me

Yes I got asked last week if i wanted to go into clearance for Louth. Was 1 vacancy. I refused as was too far for me

Thank you for your reply. Were they filling fro Open and Interdepartmental.

• Advertisement

Mariamujer wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. Were they filling fro Open and Interdepartmental.
    That was interdepartmental

That was interdepartmental

Thank you I made the right decision so taking the Dublin job but the commuting life continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bravenewworld1

Not yet Summer,

Can I just ask what the original score was at stage 1 for those in Batch 3? Was it 100-106?

Also, when were you told you passed shortlisting?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

Can I just ask what the original score was at stage 1 for those in Batch 3? Was it 100-106?

Also, when were you told you passed shortlisting?

Yes, Batch 3 was a score of 100 to 106 at Stage 1.

Shortlisting results were mid-March and supervised tests/ etray at the end of April.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

I'm early 20s open batch 2 and have heard nothing...

I’m in the top 10 for open and interdepartmental batch 2 and have heard nothing so there is confusion here!

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Can't speak for anyone else but I'm in the top 10 on the interd/top 15 for the Open for batch 2 and I haven't been contacted about clearance yet.

Same here.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GBCS

PAS has reached batch 2 today.
    Got a call regarding clearance

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

GBCS wrote: »
    PAS has reached batch 2 today.
    Got a call regarding clearance

Do we know how many got through in batch 2 at all?

• Advertisement

oodles19 wrote: »
    Do we know how many got through in batch 2 at all?

AFAIK it went as far as 40 but I don’t know if it went beyond that

Advertisement