Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Veledan22

gmisk wrote: »
    Definitely mixed information.
    Again i was put on panel 22nd Feb.

I got below (12 days ago)

There are currently about 50 people still to be contacted for positions in the previous Dublin batch before we will be beginning on your batch.

Batch one contained batch’s 1.1 and 1.2. Therefore you are in the 3rd group of people to be called as batch 1 was sub divided.

You're right, we seem to be getting different information depending on who we talk to in PAS :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Yesjeff

How far in the order of merit have they reached on batch 1.2? Any confirmed numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

I am saying this is wrong.
    I was put on panel on 22nd Feb (not interviewed in April)
    they havent started on this panel yet (batch 2) (they still havent finished with batch 1.2)

You're putting too much faith in that 1 person you spoke to, in the face of the facts on here. I was interviewed in Feb and was successful and I have already started my new role. That was/is batch 1.2.

If you are in the 30s on the same panel as me then you will be contacted soon enough, as there are apparently less than 20 people left to be appointed before you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CaroTee

Has anybody had a regional (i.e. not Dublin, Kildare or Meath) offer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

CaroTee wrote: »

No contact from the Cork Regional Panel from PAS yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 johnbyrne82

Marie_C wrote: »
    CaroTee wrote: »

Where are you in the panel? (if you dont mind me asking!) Im 9 and 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Marie_C

Where are you in the panel? (if you dont mind me asking!) Im 9 and 15.

Top 15 in both too. Haven’t heard of much movement regionally from friends on other panels either. Lots of time left in the length of the panel though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,202 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Thanks very much Bobby for getting back to me on this.

Can I ask was it the current 2018 AP competition you did this on?

You didn't come across any HR issues in doing this, e.g. movement of salary?

Thanks in advance.

No, it was the 2017 comp I did it on.

I ran in to no issues at all, I spoke to PAS loads of times to confirm if I turned one down would I deffo get another offer, they said I would.

Just to be clear, I never officially accepted the first offer... although I was told what Dept and what section I would be going to, and I had arranged to meet HR etc... until you actually go in and meet the Dept and sign your papers you can still change your mind... and that’s what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 CaroTee

Marie_C wrote: »

Thanks. Nothing for Sligo or Leitrim either.

Does anyone know if there has been any further movement on the Dublin panel?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Fat bottomed girl

They are at around 4 on Inter and 19 on Open on panel 1.2, I was advised on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭SFC1895

They are at around 4 on Inter and 19 on Open on panel 1.2, I was advised on Friday.

Good to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

From: +Clearance Mailbox [mailto:clearance@publicjobs.ie]
    Sent: Thursday 9 May 2019 08:00

Dear Mr Exyouth,

Thank you for your email. The Assistant Principal 2016 Panel expired on the 31st December 2018.

The placing you received refers to Order of merit in Batch 2 of the Dublin Panel. There are roughly 40 Candidates left in Batch one.

There has been no movement on the Laois Panel, there is only one batch for Laois.

Unfortunately it is impossible for us to predict how quickly the panels will move as this is entirely dependent on departmental requests. Once we receive any vacancies we will begin contacting people according to their order of merit on the panel.

Kind regards,

Clearance Unit

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭oodles19

Well folks, I just received my stage 3 results there, I reached the qualifying standard but was advised that "There are no interviews scheduled to take place in the near future. Should there be a demand for AP vacancies and we reach your place on the order of merit, we will be in contact with you regarding the next stage"

It would appear that the backlog of qualified candidates from previous stages means that there won't be interviews for my batch for a while yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

From: +Clearance Mailbox [mailto:clearance@publicjobs.ie]
    Sent: Thursday 9 May 2019 08:00

Dear Mr Exyouth,

Thank you for your email. The Assistant Principal 2016 Panel expired on the 31st December 2018.

The placing you received refers to Order of merit in Batch 2 of the Dublin Panel. There are roughly 40 Candidates left in Batch one.

There has been no movement on the Laois Panel, there is only one batch for Laois.

Unfortunately it is impossible for us to predict how quickly the panels will move as this is entirely dependent on departmental requests. Once we receive any vacancies we will begin contacting people according to their order of merit on the panel.

Kind regards,

Clearance Unit
    Can I ask when you were placed in batch 2? Was it 22nd Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Max Mustermann

oodles19 wrote: »
    Well folks, I just received my stage 3 results there, I reached the qualifying standard but was advised that "There are no interviews scheduled to take place in the near future. Should there be a demand for AP vacancies and we reach your place on the order of merit, we will be in contact with you regarding the next stage"

It would appear that the backlog of qualified candidates from previous stages means that there won't be interviews for my batch for a while yet anyway.

Same here. We could be in for a long wait. Congrats anyway.

Small update from PAS. I think I'll be leaving it a few months before I contact them again:

"I can tell you that we have approximately contacted the first 18 candidates from Batch 1.2. As you are in Batch 2, and there are not a lot of vacancies for Dublin, there is no way to gauge how quickly we will reach your place on the panel."

Can I ask when you were placed in batch 2? Was it 22nd Feb?

what message would let me know ?

I think it was the 5th of Feb.

Veledan22 wrote: »
    Small update from PAS. I think I'll be leaving it a few months before I contact them again:

"I can tell you that we have approximately contacted the first 18 candidates from Batch 1.2. As you are in Batch 2, and there are not a lot of vacancies for Dublin, there is no way to gauge how quickly we will reach your place on the panel."

People due to retire and going to wait till the pay increase and get the bigger lump sum

Same here. We could be in for a long wait. Congrats anyway.

And congrats to yourself as well. There's plenty of time to run on the panel yet, I reckon we'll get our interviews anyway, though god knows when!

• Advertisement

People due to retire and going to wait till the pay increase and get the bigger lump sum

Makes sense, I'd probably do the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

what message would let me know ?

I think it was the 5th of Feb.
    I got an email round about 22nd feb to tell me I was in panel.
    I still have no clue if it is panel 2 or 3 though, the responses from PAS seem to conflict with each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

PAS told me I’m in batch 2. I was interviewed just before Easter in April.

And congrats to yourself as well. There's plenty of time to run on the panel yet, I reckon we'll get our interviews anyway, though god knows when!

I'm wondering how many people there are in batch 2? (interviewed in April).

I know there is someone in the 50s open but I guess there are a lot more than that as it seemed to be a big batch. Anyone in the 60s, 70s or 80s?

I'm wondering how many people there are in batch 2? (interviewed in April).

I know there is someone in the 50s open but I guess there are a lot more than that as it seemed to be a big batch. Anyone in the 60s, 70s or 80s?

So there are 18 candidates being called from 1.2 per a previous poster. We'd have to know how many more are in 1.2, and how many total are in batch 2 before we'd have any inkling as to how far off interviews we'd be. Throw in the Dublin/outside Dublin permutations and it would still be hard to see how good a guage of progression you'd get. I do think there'll be a wave of movement post September though, and that PAS are getting their ducks in a row in advance of that..

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭APcomp

Is that the etray round from the end of April?

APcomp wrote: »
    Is that the etray round from the end of April?

Yes, that's us 'batch 3' who did the etray from 24 to 26 April, so a relatively small batch.

So there are 18 candidates being called from 1.2 per a previous poster. We'd have to know how many more are in 1.2, and how many total are in batch 2 before we'd have any inkling as to how far off interviews we'd be. Throw in the Dublin/outside Dublin permutations and it would still be hard to see how good a guage of progression you'd get. I do think there'll be a wave of movement post September though, and that PAS are getting their ducks in a row in advance of that..

I think the batch 1.2 total is in the 50s open, so that's another 25 or 30 to go before they start on batch 2. Just no idea how big batch 2 is, but hopefully they keep chipping away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭tigger123

When does this panel expire?

• Advertisement

tigger123 wrote: »
    When does this panel expire?

October 2020

Advertisement