Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Robbie G wrote: »
    The same has happened me. Paid with PayPal and I got emailed an invoice for double the amount.

I just checked my Paypal account and it’s saying the transaction was €20.25 for 3 of them.

What do I do here. I ordered on the 2/9.

I'm not doing anything tbh.

As long as the PayPal amount matches what I expect to pay then I'm happy out!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭arrowman

Got three of these.

Quick question - how do I get them to switch remotely over the internet via the eWelink app?

They work perfectly when I am at home and my iPhone is connected directly to the Wifi but when I am out of WiFi range I can't seem to connect to them.

I have enabled LAN and tried that but I just keep getting the message "Successfully connecting with 0 device over LAN" and then the message "Network Unavailable"

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Setup two of mine with lamps today through ewelink. Have Google home mini also. Can I connect plugs to that or does it have to be larger Google home device?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Mine are linked to my mini just add the app to Google home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mine are set up now and working perfectly.

They show up as 3 devices, 1 for small lamp, 1 for large lamp, and 1 for "lamps", so I can have a few options of turning on or off individual lamps, or them both at the sane time.

Solid bargain, will most definitely be keeping my eye out for them if they come up again.

Cheers again Basq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 claddino

For me the singpost is saying it got delivered to Ireland over a week ago but the an post tracking has no reference to the reference number?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

I got two but one is faulty, no lights no power anyone had similar doa?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    yeah, then no water in the kettle, :pac:

You’re doing it all wrong. “Alexa, fill kettle” ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Solid bargain, will most definitely be keeping my eye out for them if they come up again.

Cheers again Basq.

I ordered two on wednesday with the same code, got dispatch notice friday

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭puntypower

Can I rewire my immersion to use one of these or is there something better?

• Advertisement

puntypower wrote: »

Wouldn't work with my immersion as the sink/bath switch adds an extra wire. Apparently newer immersion elements should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is there a way on the app to turn both plugs on and off at the same time?

I can do it via Google home command, but there's obviously an option on the app that's not immediately standing out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Basil3 wrote: »
    puntypower wrote: »

Wouldn't work with my immersion as the sink/bath switch adds an extra wire. Apparently newer immersion elements should be fine.
    Immersion could be up to 3kw way in excess of sonoff max even at 2kw tge piddly little relay inside would have a veury short life expectancy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Basil3 wrote:

puntypower wrote:

This is covered on the home automation iot forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

puntypower wrote:

Not sure if wattage plug supports is ideal for immersion ??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Is there a way on the app to turn both plugs on and off at the same time?

I can do it via Google home command, but there's obviously an option on the app that's not immediately standing out to me.

Top of the app page, next to the ALL DEVICES tab, select SCENE. You’ll see how easy it is once you’re there.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

So i have a tracking number for these and it is not working.

Is anybody is this suituation? I purchased on the 2/9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ordered my on 20/8, issued ticket,
    reply,
    Although there is no tracking number for this shipment, most parcels will be received within 10 to 25 business days. Please rest assured the item is on its way.
    The precise shipping time can also be affected by factors such as customs,remote locations, peak shipping periods, Holidays and Festivals,inclement weather and operational issues impacting the shipping company.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

Got mine, no issue with post etc. Have lamps connected at the moment. Messing with some scenes right now. Think I'll look at a few other Sonoff products and try automate more lighting in the house.
    For the price they seem like great build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Make sure not to mix up the order number with the tracking number like I did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Has anyone found a CE cert for these. Just because it says CE doesn't mean much when they are from China. Just want to be sure that they are covered by house insurance in case of fire. Done some research but can't find anything for this model but can for the manufacture. I have also read elsewhere that they are not certified to as many standards as more expensive models. I am just wondering what the trade off is in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Just something to note that you can have these plug integrate with Nest so the proximity sensor in nest knows to turn on somethings at certain times when you are home.

From a security perspective there are many issues with these switches such as they way they implement PKI and validate their own certs.

https://hackaday.com/tag/sonoff/
    https://www.superhouse.tv/27-visit-to-the-sonoff-factory/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭long_b

rom wrote: »
    Has anyone found a CE cert for these. Just because it says CE doesn't mean much when they are from China. Just want to be sure that they are covered by house insurance in case of fire. Done some research but can't find anything for this model but can for the manufacture. I have also read elsewhere that they are not certified to as many standards as more expensive models. I am just wondering what the trade off is in that?

I know it's not a cert but this video from one of the websites you linked to says they're CE (around the 20:10 mark)

https://youtu.be/uZjZZKiKlNY

rom wrote: »
    Just something to note that you can have these plug integrate with Nest so the proximity sensor in nest knows to turn on somethings at certain times when you are home.

From a security perspective there are many issues with these switches such as they way they implement PKI and validate their own certs.

https://hackaday.com/tag/sonoff/
    https://www.superhouse.tv/27-visit-to-the-sonoff-factory/

The video in that second link I found very very interesting - especially about that particular city in China that Sonoff are based and that huge area with hundreds of electronic spare parts sellers
    *gobsmacked

Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Ordered my on 20/8, issued ticket,
    reply,
    Although there is no tracking number for this shipment, most parcels will be received within 10 to 25 business days. Please rest assured the item is on its way.
    The precise shipping time can also be affected by factors such as customs,remote locations, peak shipping periods, Holidays and Festivals,inclement weather and operational issues impacting the shipping company.

Ordered two lots of two on 16-08. First pair arrived on 28-08. Second pair only arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

My (first) order from 16 Aug arrived this morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lardarse

Still waiting for my two from the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lardarse wrote: »
    Still waiting for my two from the 15th.

You ordered before this ba was posted? And didn't create a thread about the bargain?

If anyone knows of a simple way on how to take these devices off the IOT train then please let me know.

All these ESP8266 devices kinda scare me with being tethered to central Servers in foreign lands

as soon as somebody finds an easy way to reflash them so they work exclusively under my LAN then I will feel a lot more comfortable tbh

*takes off tin-foil hat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

If anyone knows of a simple way on how to take these devices off the IOT train then please let me know.

All these ESP8266 devices kinda scare me with being tethered to central Servers in foreign lands

as soon as somebody finds an easy way to reflash them so they work exclusively under my LAN then I will feel a lot more comfortable tbh

*takes off tin-foil hat

Yeah I'm worried that someone might start switching my lamps on/off.. :)
    But seriously, what are the real concerns?

Advertisement