Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

Nforce wrote: »
    I've received refunds for both of my orders that were overcharged at checkout.

I got refunded from PayPal £10

Shower of c*** to deal with

Still waiting on 2 orders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Eh, I can see a way they might be able to bypass your cunning plan :pac:

The 2 Sonoff devices for Kid's Wifi Access Point/Xbox are connected to a separate Secure 24/7 WiFi Network.

Both Sonoff Plugs are located out of reach to everyone except me, They are in a locked cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    I got refunded from PayPal £10

Shower of c*** to deal with

Still waiting on 2 orders

I sent screenshots of the amount on the Pay Now page vs the amount that I was charged, so PayPal really had to rule in my favour. Won't be ordering from Dresslily again,though.

Nforce wrote: »
    I sent screenshots of the amount on the Pay Now page vs the amount that I was charged, so PayPal really had to rule in my favour. Won't be ordering from Dresslily again,though.

I didn't have screenshots but got refunded

I doubt PayPal will be happy with their shenanigans, moving customers off the PayPal page and charging twice the amount on the final payment page.

Seriously dodgy

I had no issues with my 2 orders via paypal , I got 6 plugs costing less than 40 euro in total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Got my 3 plugs today (ordered on September 2nd).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Got my last 3 today
    Thats 8 in total. Think I should have enough now :)

TimHorton wrote: »
    5. Kid's XBox , The Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

Surely you're better off using Xbox parental controls than potentially killing power to an Xbox when it could be in the middle of saving or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Basil3 wrote: »
    Surely you're better off using Xbox parental controls than potentially killing power to an Xbox when it could be in the middle of saving or something?

I don't think the Xbox one has much in the way of parental controls for timing sessions?
    The older Xbox 360 had more.
    I'll use it for this purpose also

biebiebie wrote: »
    I don't think the Xbox one has much in the way of parental controls for timing sessions?

Could not care less about the Xbox , If it fails I will buy another one - The most important thing is I have 3 children and Monday to Friday they have 2 hours to share access to the Xbox (6.30 PM to 8.30 PM),
    The Wifi is only on from 6.00 PM to 8.30 PM ,

We are into week 3 of this and it is working a dream , No rushing of Homework as they know the have to wait until 6.00 PM for wifi and 6.30pm for Xbox , Kids are spending more time reading/playing and chatting with us parents.

• Advertisement

biebiebie wrote: »

https://account.microsoft.com/family/

You just set times it can be used between each day, along with a limit on how much time it can be used per day.

The smart switch solution will work until the kids figure out how to get around it. My kids already know how to manually switch the switches, so wouldn't work for me.

I notice with mine that the dedicated app always works, but sometimes google home can't connect to it. So instead of talking to my phone I have to push an onscreen button like some class of a philistine.

Basil3 wrote: »
    https://account.microsoft.com/family/

You just set times it can be used between each day, along with a limit on how much time it can be used per day.

The smart switch solution will work until the kids figure out how to get around it. My kids already know how to manually switch the switches, so wouldn't work for me.

The crucial Switches in my House (Kid's Wireless access point & Xbox ) Are located in a locked Cabinet in the Playroom. There is no way to get at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Another option is to set internet access times to the devices on the router/modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭TorresLegend

Plugs ordered 3rd September, received today. Setting up was easy and already working with Alexa.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Mr E wrote: »
    Got my 3 plugs today (ordered on September 2nd).
    Plugs ordered 3rd September, received today. Setting up was easy and already working with Alexa.

Ordered Aug 16, still nothing.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Where are these being shipped from?

Will they attract VAT charges if over the threshold?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

grebtol2 wrote: »

Where are these being shipped from?
    some from China some from Belgium...seems to be pot luck as to where they ship from

Will they attract VAT charges if over the threshold?
    Yes..but break up your orders to keep below

see above

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

Just thought I would throw it out there... this is the only out of the ordinary purchase I have made recently but last week was the victim of credit card fraud. Looks like the purchases were with a company/website based in Hong Kong. Interested to see if anyone else has noticed any suspicious activity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I got a notification that DPD have something for me, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Patww79 wrote: »
    I got a notification that DPD have something for me, so fingers crossed.

Mine were delivered by anpost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Sir Dosser wrote: »

I can't think what else I've ordered now. I like surprises though.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Sir Dosser wrote: »

Me too, both parcels a week apart. (Both arrived on a Monday incidentally, both times along with other packages from China)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

stevexo wrote: »
    Just thought I would throw it out there... this is the only out of the ordinary purchase I have made recently but last week was the victim of credit card fraud. Looks like the purchases were with a company/website based in Hong Kong. Interested to see if anyone else has noticed any suspicious activity.

Did you enter your card details on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Final 3 arrived today, ordered Sept 3rd.
    Way faster than previous orders from Ali.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Got my 4 plugs today, thanks OP. Would it be a complete No-No to use one of the plugs to turn on my washing machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Got my 4 plugs today, thanks OP. Would it be a complete No-No to use one of the plugs to turn on my washing machine?

What's the wattage of machine?
    They're rated 10A/2200watt.

bidiots wrote: »
    Ordered Aug 16, still nothing.....:mad:

Same here on 2 orders

Showing as arrived in Ireland at the end of August so they're prob still in a shipping container

• Advertisement

stevexo wrote: »

I can tell you one thing

I wouldn't trust this company as far as I could throw them based on my experience of 3 orders and dealing with them.

Advertisement