Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

This is what it came up with?
    Status
    Posting Date
    Status Date
    Preparing to Dispatch [Information Received] (Country code: IE)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Ordered 2 sets of 2 yesterday

One set/order shipped and the other still being processed.

both payments taken from PayPal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 MikeHammer70

Some shower to deal with if it goes wrong,don't even engage with the issue.

They charged me double the amount that appeared on the final payment screen

PayPal have told me to refuse the package, hopefully I'll get refunded eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Some shower to deal with if it goes wrong,don't even engage with the issue.

They charged me double the amount that appeared on the final payment screen

PayPal have told me to refuse the package, hopefully I'll get refunded eventually.

Had one order refunded by Dresslily (still waiting on funds to be restored to PayPal) after I sent them the screenshots of what the total amount was showing as at the pay now page versus the amount charged. They were giving me the run around before this. I'm still waiting for a refund on the second order which has shipped. It'll probably be nabbed by Customs as it's over the allowed threshold.

I did notice that the shipping conformation details/email had the full price on the items, but the PayPal amounts taken were the lower discounted amounts.

did give me a bit of a shock and had me quickly checking paypal transactions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 MikeHammer70

Im very surprised that they can kick you out of the PayPal screen to confirm the payment on their website and charge twice the amount displayed ,I've never seen it anywhere before and I doubt PayPal will be happy.

Anywhere else i shop you're on the PayPal page when confirming the final payment.

They're sh1t to deal with but I think with PayPal you get the refund and refuse the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Got mine on Tuesday - very happy with them - setup handy enough..ordered another 3 as very handy to have. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Ordered 9. Have most setup. Light on them is very annoying. Will need to cover them up with insulation take. Simple to use.

rom wrote: »
    Ordered 9. Have most setup. Light on them is very annoying. Will need to cover them up with insulation take. Simple to use.

mind me asking how you utlised them around the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenore

what android app controls these??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

greenore wrote: »
    what android app controls these??
    eWeLink

Bedside lamps having both turn on and off at the same time, white noise machine for sleeping, dehumidifier when my nests say the humidity gets too high, tv , slow cooker if i had one, coffee maker, power cycling a computer that needs a hard power reset often, electric blanket if you need one. Timer on battery charger. Brewing beer could be used to keep it at a certsin temp. On hair straightener so you can be sure its off. Turn off light otlr set timer for kids to read before sleep. Any plugs that are in places that are hard to reach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Got 6. All working perfectly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

After watching a few videos I think I'll buy 1 or two more and buy a smart light bulb adapter if I can find one. Really handy being able to link it to ifttt and Google home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Could use them on a washing machine *, to have your wash ready when you arrive home.

* Once machine is 2200watt or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Got my 2 today, have them both set up and paired wit app.... but how do I add the second one to Google home?

Ie google is only switching off one (the first one I paired)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I don't have Alexia or Google home can these be used with Google assistant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

massy086 wrote: »
    I don't have Alexia or Google home can these be used with Google assistant

Yes they can :)

wiz569 wrote: »
    Yes they can :)
    Ok how would I set that up cheers

Ok how would I set that up cheers

Long press menu button to start google assistant

Tap the icon that looks like a compass in the top right corner

On the Explore screen tap the three dots in the top right corner

Then chose settings and scroll down to home control

Click on the + symbol to add the devices which are called Smart We Link in the list

Hope that helps :)

• Advertisement

Click on the + symbol to add the devices which are called Smart We Link in the list

Perfect!

Thanks for this.

Still bit weary tho about using foreign servers. Wish there was an easy way to keep all devices controlled on my own WLAN and VPN in when out of the house

cheers for that but can't get it to work should my compass icon be blue or grey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Perfect!

Thanks for this.

Still bit weary tho about using foreign servers. Wish there was an easy way to keep all devices controlled on my own WLAN and VPN in when out of the house

I'm in the same boat.
    Reckon I'm just going to set them up on a guest wifi, rather than going to the hassle of flashing new firmware..
    If anyone mods theirs, please post here about it though..

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭stevexo

rom wrote: »
    dehumidifier when my nests say the humidity gets too high

This is a great idea, with winter kicking in I'll be drying my washing indoors on a clothes horse. Be good to turn on the dehumidifier when it's needed automatically.
    In keeping with the bargain alerts theme, does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks OP

Received today

cheers for that but can't get it to work should my compass icon be blue or grey

Mine is grey m8,make sure it's not Google home that you're trying it from as that compass is blue.

stevexo wrote: »
    This is a great idea, with winter kicking in I'll be drying my washing indoors on a clothes horse. Be good to turn on the dehumidifier when it's needed automatically.
    In keeping with the bargain alerts theme, does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?
    Most dehumifiers have it built in. A desicating one works best under 17 degree so stop kuds and self coughing at 4am when hoise us cold and damp in winter. Compressing ones font work well egen its cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

stevexo wrote: »
    does anyone know where you could get a good deal on a nest type device which monitors humidity?

Why not a Sonoff TH10 or TH16 with humidity sensor? It will work in the same Ewlink app. too :-)

msmx5 wrote: »
    Why not a Sonoff TH10 or TH16 with humidity sensor? It will work in the same Ewlink app. too :-)
    what a time to be alive. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Zane97

I did notice that the shipping conformation details/email had the full price on the items, but the PayPal amounts taken were the lower discounted amounts.

did give me a bit of a shock and had me quickly checking paypal transactions.

The same has happened me. Paid with PayPal and I got emailed an invoice for double the amount.

I just checked my Paypal account and it’s saying the transaction was €20.25 for 3 of them.

What do I do here. I ordered on the 2/9.

Advertisement