Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭wiz569

somebody save me from these things, read the replies but still cant understand why they wont pair

Thanks
    W.

I had to plug mine in about 6 inches from the router and make sure your connected to a 2.4ghz wifi, once paired you can move them anywhere you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Henryhill2

How do you get 2 people to share use of 1 sonoff ,is it simply a matter of the second person scanning for it?

Anyone having trouble with the widget?

I'm getting an error code half the time 'dont change too quickly' or similar message

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bromley52

Henryhill2 wrote: »
    How do you get 2 people to share use of 1 sonoff ,is it simply a matter of the second person scanning for it?

I'm getting an error code half the time 'dont change too quickly' or similar message

I use mine with Google Home and the whole family can control them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

My two arrived and no customs charges, so that's great.
    They paired with my wifi from another room and linked easily to my Google home devices, so that's great.
    But it won't accept anything above 10 amp, so the plans for the kettle et,c are out the window.
    Bar table lamps, has anyone put these to practical use.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I use mine with Google Home and the whole family can control them.

Ok I'll research it

Do I need anything apart from the google home app?

• Advertisement

Ok I'll research it

Do I need anything apart from the google home app?

I have Google Home speakers but you can control them using voice on your android phone once linked via Google Home app. Keeping the home button/icon should enable the assistant.

They paired with my wifi from another room and linked easily to my Google home devices, so that's great.
    But it won't accept anything above 10 amp, so the plans for the kettle et,c are out the window.
    I use them every Christmas, Tree, etc. I just use the assistant on my phone "turn on the Christmas lights " and all come on. Great for inaccessible sockets.
    Excellent for controlling on/off on kids xbox when they refuse to come off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

turn on my TV and another to turn on my PC via Alexa

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bromley52 wrote: »
    Excellent for controlling on/off on kids xbox when they refuse to come off it.

That'll back fire when you kill it while a game is saving and they lose hours of progress in a game due to corrupt save file, or even worse, damage the hard drive.

mrcheez wrote: »
    turn on my TV and another to turn on my PC via Alexa

Modern TVs are better left on standby than cutting power completely imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Modern TVs are better left on standby than cutting power completely imo

I use it so infrequently it makes more sense to keep it off. It's the bedroom TV. Also it's a several years old and uses quite a lot of power on standby (I measured it)

"Alexa turn on/off bed TV" ... so much better than crawling out of bed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Did these ever arrive for anyone?

Patww79 wrote: »
    ?

Ever or never?

wiz569 wrote: »
    ?

Ever or never?

Did anyone get theirs? I ordered two back when the thread was opened and never heard a dickie bird about them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,321 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Did anyone get theirs? I ordered two back when the thread was opened and never heard a dickie bird about them since.

Mine only arrived Thursday and I also ordered when the thread started.

Mine only arrived Thursday and I also ordered when the thread started.

Cheers. Some hope of them arriving then so.

Still not sure what I'll use them for but they were a very good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Cheers. Some hope of them arriving then so.

Eh, what does the tracking reference you would have got with your dispatch notice say?

Sure nearly the whole thread at this stage is what to do with them now they arrived lol

^^dont waste your time contacting this company ,let PayPal handle it

One of my orders is showing as arriving in ireland on the 30/8

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Eh, what does the tracking reference you would have got with your dispatch notice say?

There's a tracking number without the name of the shipping company so it's worthless. Googling the tracking number throws up nothing specific.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Sure nearly the whole thread at this stage is what to do with them now they arrived lol

I already have the regular Sonoff units on the TV and a lamp in my bedroom (and a third unit I never used). I don't have anything else that they would be useful for so I'll just buy a couple more lamps.

There's a tracking number without the name of the shipping company so it's worthless. Googling the tracking number throws up nothing specific.

Mine was with Singapore post - does the reference end with SG?

(admittedly, tracking was patchy - showed as preparing to dispatch for a week, and suddenly arrived in Ireland)..

I asked this already but I'll go again..

Can more than 1 person control a plug using the basic app?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah I have arrival in Ireland on the 28th then squat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I ordered 2 lots of 3 2 weeks apart and both orders arrived and working great along with my other sonoff devices. They now control the folowing

1. Replace my Manual Mechanical Heating Timer with a Sonoff Basic configured with schedules I want for heating water.

2. Use a Sonoff 2 Gang Switch to Control the two heating zones in my house.

3. Using a Sonoff TH16 to turn off/on Heating in Different Zones in my House , for example between 8 PM and & 7 AM if the bedroom temp (Sonoff TH10 or 16) drops to 16 Degrees Turn on Heat but only the Bedrooms , When the temp reaches 20 degrees it will then turn off the heat.

4. Kid's wifi is provided via a separate access point , The Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

5. Kid's XBox , The Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

6. Teenager Roku/Netflx/TV Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

I asked this already but I'll go again..

Can more than 1 person control a plug using the basic app?

No trouble here. Havent tried another phone with the app, but my understanding is you would just login with same account and all set ups would be there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

Ordered one there will see how it goes
    Had to pay 2euro for shipping

TimHorton wrote: »

4. Kid's wifi is provided via a separate access point , The Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

5. Kid's XBox , The Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

6. Teenager Roku/Netflx/TV Schedules are controlled to great effect using a Sonoff Plug.

Eh, I can see a way they might be able to bypass your cunning plan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Eh, I can see a way they might be able to bypass your cunning plan :pac:

I thought I was the only one thinking that :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

I've received refunds for both of my orders that were overcharged at checkout.

Advertisement