Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

The Halflings arrive and begin work on the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »

When Iuric knocks, Patinkin sees a large snake become visible on the ceiling and slither down to the floor.

"Hello Manticore, what are you doing here. These potions won't work on you"

**It speaks to me Retula, what do I say?**

**Say? You can talk?? The creepy esr-to-ear isn't just for show? Cool. Tell it the truth - you're looking to open the door for a bunch of nosey moochers who will probably want to trade for, buy or otherwise appropriate those potions, what would they recommend , and if he has to eat one of them the armoured one is the tastiest, he's been marinating in his own juices inside that tin can. If it attacks you consider yourself dismissed. Unless... How good are you in a fight? **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Jack Moore wrote: »
    “Hey Dragon “ I call over ; “ what’s the oathbreaker telling you ?”

I worry about the lack of an answer to this question. That coupled with iuric’s tendency to kill new members makes me very concerned. From now on I’m constantly Paying attention to the two of them and what they do and say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Jack Moore wrote: »
    I worry about the lack of an answer to this question. That coupled with iuric’s tendency to kill new members makes me very concerned. From now on I’m constantly Paying attention to the two of them and what they do and say.

Banjo wrote: »
    **Say? You can talk?? The creepy esr-to-ear isn't just for show? Cool. Tell it the truth - you're looking to open the door for a bunch of nosey moochers who will probably want to trade for, buy or otherwise appropriate those potions, what would they recommend , and if he has to eat one of them the armoured one is the tastiest, he's been marinating in his own juices inside that tin can. If it attacks you consider yourself dismissed. Unless... How good are you in a fight? **
    **In my real form, quite weak I must admit. In this form, powerful I think**

OOC: He is equivalent to four Level 3 PCs

• Advertisement

The Halflings come away from the door, the youngest, Kazin smiles.

"A job well done I think, there was a poison tip in the lock, but we managed to hold it in place"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric move into the room and on seeing the snake "Do you speak?" ready to react if the snake attacks.

"In my real form, quite weak I must admit. In this form, powerful I think"

OOC: He is equivalent to four Level 3 PCs

**Dude, that can't be legal! Why, with your combat capabilities and me being 1800 years old now and far too old for this ****, why I might just have to register you as a leth- ah never mind. Ok, so ask him if he's selling , bartering or guarding. And while you're at it try distracting him away from the door cause we're about to open it, and this might be one of only two situations where I'd be interested in seeing how much damage Iuric can do with a sneak attack from behind.**

"Don't open it yet, there's a snake and it might be friendly, might be hungry. Gimme a sec"

(Edit)
    Iuric breezes by

"Or not, I mean go nuts."
    She dismisses the manticore

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric move into the room and on seeing the snake "Do you speak?" ready to react if the snake attacks.
    "Yes..."

He eyes Iuric up.

"...hmmm, too strong...you may have two potions, no more. Otherwise I call in my bigger friend"

Looking in the case, Iuric sees the potions are Red, Green, Blue, Gold, Silver, Purple, White, Rainbow and Azure.

"Yes..."

He eyes Iuric up.

"...hmmm, too strong...you may have two potions, no more. Otherwise I call in my bigger friend"

Looking in the case, Iuric sees the potions are Red, Green, Blue, Gold, Silver, Purple, White, Rainbow and Azure.
    "Must I choose at random or can you tell me their effects?"

• Advertisement

"Must I choose at random or can you tell me their effects?"
    "I can for three of them, the others I know not...

So, Red will make you loved by almost any beast. Nothing odd mind you, they will refuse to attack.

Green will make you twice as tall and stronger.

Blue...ah yes, it makes spells reflect off you for two minutes"

"I can for three of them, the others I know not...

So, Red will make you loved by almost any beast. Nothing odd mind you, they will refuse to attack.

Green will make you twice as tall and stronger.

Blue...ah yes, it makes spells reflect off you for two minutes"
    "Blue seems quite useful and I have always liked azure" Iuric takes the potions.

The snake curls around the cabinet and shifts colours to blend in.

OOC: Is there another way out of this room?

Retula idly runs her finger past the fluids and vials in the lab. If she finds something caustic she summons Patinken but otherwise just looks for lab gear from her unfulfilled vivimantic shopping list from Bandysia, which should still be scrawled on her hand as she hasn't washed it recently.

Retula idly runs her finger past the fluids and vials in the lab. If she finds something caustic she summons Patinken but otherwise just looks for lab gear from her unfulfilled vivimantic shopping list from Bandysia, which should still be scrawled on her hand as she hasn't washed it recently.
    She finds enough lab gear to form a decent quality vivimantic set up. She also finds two vials of a heavily caustic substance.

Patinkin appears next to her.

"So, P, remember how I asked you to check out the room below the trapdoor but you thought you might wander around checking out labs and sniffing after reckless Dragonborn? And then I asked you to talk to that snake and gauge it's mood? But you thought it was a better idea to tell me how strong you were?
    Hold your pawhandthing out please.
    So look, it's great that you're as strong as three burly men, but the thing about strong burly men is that if they can't do as they're told I have to cut them down or blow them up. I need an assistant who can follow orders.

Can you follow orders, Patinkin?

Paw."

"So, P, remember how I asked you to check out the room below the trapdoor but you thought you might wander around checking out labs and sniffing after reckless Dragonborn? And then I asked you to talk to that snake and gauge it's mood? But you thought it was a better idea to tell me how strong you were?
    Hold your pawhandthing out please.
    So look, it's great that you're as strong as three burly men, but the thing about strong burly men is that if they can't do as they're told I have to cut them down or blow them up. I need an assistant who can follow orders.

Can you follow orders, Patinkin?

Paw."
    "Oh, but I did bargin with him"

He winks.

Iuric goes back into the lab area and summons Grodinz. "Are you skilled in discerning the effects of potions?"

She sighs.
    "You're going to make me ask a 3rd time?"
    She moves to throw the caustic material in his face but when he winks he gets these scrunchie little dimples around his gaping mouthgash that are just adorable.
    "DAMNIT!" She cries, dismissing him, then rounding on the halflings. But what would be the point? She corks the flask and stashes it, moving through to the potion room, summoning P again.

"Dont look at me! Just walk.

Come out, come out wherever you are...?"

She is particularly interested to know of this snake looks like the one her old retainer used to ride before she exploded.

• Advertisement

Iuric goes back into the lab area and summons Grodinz. "Are you skilled in discerning the effects of potions?"
    "Sorry lad, not at all, unless it has a touch of the divine to it, as that blue one ye have does...well the lighter blue one"

She is particularly interested to know of this snake looks like the one her old retainer used to ride before she exploded.
    When the snake appears, it is clear it is the same species as the witch's mount, though younger.

"You'll want the White one, that's all I can manage without consequences to myself. In return for any more, I want a quart of your blood"

"Sorry lad, not at all, unless it has a touch of the divine to it, as that blue one ye have does...well the lighter blue one"
    "This one?" Iuric holds up the azure one "What does it do?"

When the snake appears, it is clear it is the same species as the witch's mount, though younger.

"You'll want the White one, that's all I can manage without consequences to myself. In return for any more, I want a quart of your blood"

"A quart? That's very nearly an armful!"

**P, based on my height and weight, can I spare that much?**

"But a whole potion of my very own? You are too kind. So... Lived here long? Get many visitors?"

She takes the white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags, looking over the shoulders of all who are standing in front of him as he hums softly to himself looking/listening at the remaining potion bottles seeking to find the ones with the most favourable resonance to him.

"Are any of them good for dying hair? I clash so badly now that I'm blue rather than green. Got anything henna or a peroxide blondeish?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags, looking over the shoulders of all who are standing in front of him as he hums softly to himself looking/listening at the remaining potion bottles seeking to find the ones with the most favourable resonance to him.

"Are any of them good for dying hair? I clash so badly now that I'm blue rather than green. Got anything henna or a peroxide blondeish?"
    The potions give off little resonance, probably designed to minimise it as it is rare that any object is this quite.

"Hair dye..." the snake smiles "...well the rainbow coloured one will certainly alter your hair colour.

However I'll need a worthwhile trade"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The potions give off little resonance, probably designed to minimise it as it is rare that any object is this quite.

"Hair dye..." the snake smiles "...well the rainbow coloured one will certainly alter your hair colour.

However I'll need a worthwhile trade"
    "Well, I do have this nice rapier, complete with a curse on it that you might like. Of course that would leave me without a weapon so if you could sweeten the deal with an other less cursed but serviceable rapier I'd be delighted to trade.

I could throw in an old set of leather armour, tuned and well serviced that I recently replaced.

All in exchange for the rainbow and one other potion.
    Ooooph, and naturally a pair of complementary tickets to the Woodshock Festival. Now you can't ask for fairer than that!"

Mags hand over a flyer to the snake...or at least leaves the flyer on the ground in front of the snake.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

**while you're at it, P, he looks like he has a lot more quarts than me, know what I mean? Run the numbers.**

She waves nonchalantly at Mags while looking for suitable exsanguination gear among her lab glassware.

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Well, I do have this nice rapier, complete with a curse on it that you might like. Of course that would leave me without a weapon so if you could sweeten the deal with an other less cursed but serviceable rapier I'd be delighted to trade.

I could throw in an old set of leather armour, tuned and well serviced that I recently replaced.

All in exchange for the rainbow and one other potion.
    Ooooph, and naturally a pair of complementary tickets to the Woodshock Festival. Now you can't ask for fairer than that!"

Mags hand over a flyer to the snake...or at least leaves the flyer on the ground in front of the snake.
    "I won't lie and deny my interest in the concert, but such things do not equal the worth of a potion of the great Retula...tell you what. Six floors up there is a door of Marble, long sealed. A Bard and only a Bard could open it, well outside of a powerful Wizard.

Let me place a geasa on you to open that door and we have a deal"

• Advertisement

**while you're at it, P, he looks like he has a lot more quarts than me, know what I mean? Run the numbers.**

She waves nonchalantly at Mags while looking for suitable exsanguination gear among her lab glassware.
    **Indeed, 40% more**

Advertisement