Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric tosses a javelin onto the step where the halfling died and thinks back to the annual Gnome tossing contest in the provincial capitol and if halflings would cover the same distance.
    The javelin disintegrates upon embedding itself in the step. It takes a little longer than the Halfling did and the javelin can be seen to wobble, as if pulling apart its constituents were more effort.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

OOC: Cliff notes anyone since my absence?

Banjo wrote: »
    Retula gathers Citras bones. Outlander force of habit. Are they dragons or humanoid?

"Stroupy, you don't have to walk up those stairs, but bear in mind that the dragon did it without saying goodbye, so she knew something we didn't. Are you saying she had a better handle on magic than you?"
    The bones begin very slowly shifting back to draconid form and growing in size as they transform. However they halt and shift back. This repeats constantly. Retula can tell her shape shifting spell was quite powerful to persist even now. That or it wasn't really a spell, but a native ability, or perhaps both forms were her true ones.

Stroupy laughs.

"I was a head Vizier, well used to politics. You think a little reverse psychology is going to work on me. You have a little walk up the stairs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"Karinth, can you make one of your portals with a destination at the top of the stairs, like that time we were dealing with the undead in the kitchens of the prison? Or if anybody else has the ability to dispell magic, we could try that either"

Necrominus wrote: »
    OOC: Cliff notes anyone since my absence?
    OOC: Took a few potions from door in lab. Now trying to go upstairs. Stairs seem to have disintegrated Citra and halfling.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    "Karinth, can you make one of your portals with a destination at the top of the stairs, like that time we were dealing with the undead in the kitchens of the prison? Or if anybody else has the ability to dispell magic, we could try that either"
    "Yes, though it will require some blood. I had...fed shall we say, prior to BlackMoor.

It can be fatal, I suggest one of the Halflings" he whispers.

Sarric whispers, "what about sora or that new guy, strappy. i think losing another halfling so soon would dishearten our thief."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash rises from his seat on the floor and kneels by the bones of his mother.

'What foul magic have you unleashed on us Rettie?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    The bones begin very slowly shifting back to draconid form and growing in size as they transform. However they halt and shift back. This repeats constantly. Retula can tell her shape shifting spell was quite powerful to persist even now. That or it wasn't really a spell, but a native ability, or perhaps both forms were her true ones.

Stroupy laughs.

"I was a head Vizier, well used to politics. You think a little reverse psychology is going to work on me. You have a little walk up the stairs"

"It wasn't reverse psychology, I genuinely thought you might be able to figure it out. But clearly I'm judging you by the high opinion you pretend to have of yourself. And clearly she really did just kill herself. So...Never mind.

Hey Vrakrash. So.... Your mother just disintegrated herself on the stairs. Here, have a bone. Not the femurs - I want to try and make jumping stilts out of them by harnessing their size variance. And I need the skull for paperwork. But the ribs are fair game.

Mags - what tipped you off? Is it magicky? Don't want to waste a spell on it... Especially not when the alternative is Karinth slitting the nudist's throat for free."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

"I don't suppose you can fly?" Iuric asks Grodinz

• Advertisement

"It wasn't reverse psychology, I genuinely thought you might be able to figure it out. But clearly I'm judging you by the high opinion you pretend to have of yourself. And clearly she really did just kill herself. So...Never mind.
    "My magic is almost entirely defense, very little detection. I think I'd survive, but I can't tell what it is"

Sarric whispers, "what about sora or that new guy, strappy. i think losing another halfling so soon would dishearten our thief."
    "Ah yes, we need the thief...Stroupy I think might prove a challenge. Sora, heh, no problem at all. Ser Boros has been saying we should kill her, as she is technically undead. Apparently lifelike undead have proven to be a problem in Mystara"

Unashamedly eavesdropping, Retula recommends Karinth try licking his fill off the wall of the room under the hatch.
    **Patinkin, what's the verdict on the wall-blood? Karinth wants a review. Don't eat it all!**

Unashamedly eavesdropping, Retula recommends Karinth try licking his fill off the wall of the room under the hatch.
    **Patinkin, what's the verdict on the wall-blood? Karinth wants a review. Don't eat it all!**
    Karinth pulls his lips back in disgust "Could be pretty old or corrupted, I wouldn't touch the stuff"

**I'm not licking that! Wait....apparently I am** Patinkin replies licking the wall.

**Human...centuries old**

Retula gags and stops sharing senses with the manticore.
    "Yeah, good choice. Blood doesn't age well... Ok maybe if you store it right, but smearing the walls is not the way.

Right... So are we going to stare at this step all day or... H? H?

Ok, hold that thought."

She retraces her steps to see if that snake is eating her sentinel. Before entering the bloodied room she'll try to conjure a bonfire in the room away from anything too flammable and dismiss it if it appears.

The bonfire stutters and starts be seems to be affected by lacking material to burn. Something is preventing its magical existence.

Retula looks at her hand.
    "Oooooh crap."
    She calls her familiar over.
    "P, you feel ok? Go poke your head back into the potion room, see if that snake is eating Hetyaro. Probably isn't. Don't get yourself killed, I may not be able to bring you back. Return to me immediately - I'll be upstairs staring at the Stair of Doom."

And upstairs she goes.
    "Karinth, you're already dead, shouldn't you be able to pass through?"

"Hey, goldie junior, can your travel genie travel us up the tower until it comes to some obstacle it can't pass. Do you think its speed would give this trap time to activate?"

And upstairs she goes.
    "Karinth, you're already dead, shouldn't you be able to pass through?"
    "Okay...it's time to come clean..."

He sighs.

"Sarric, Ser Boros...everybody...I'm not technically a vampire...completely...I'm something else...so I am quite alive"

Retula looks at her hand.
    "Oooooh crap."
    She calls her familiar over.
    "P, you feel ok? Go poke your head back into the potion room, see if that snake is eating Hetyaro. Probably isn't. Don't get yourself killed, I may not be able to bring you back. Return to me immediately - I'll be upstairs staring at the Stair of Doom."
    **Snake isn't eating him Retula**

He runs back.

• Advertisement

"Hey, goldie junior, can your travel genie travel us up the tower until it comes to some obstacle it can't pass. Do you think its speed would give this trap time to activate?"

Vrakrash kneels by the bones of his mother, weeping and grinding his.. teeth? Fangs? Dragon teeth?

'The genie... maybe... would he bring back Mother?'

"pretty sure the rules are no killing, no resurrection, no love potions. There are always some provisos, a few quid pro quos.... "

Vrakrash kneels by the bones of his mother, weeping and grinding his.. teeth? Fangs? Dragon teeth?

'The genie... maybe... would he bring back Mother?'
    Iuric kneels next to Vrakrash "If this genie cannot resurrect her perhaps there's another more indirect way" Iuric pulls out the scroll of time travel "I'm told this can allow you to travel back in time but it needs quite a lot of Bard blood to activate it" Iuric realises what that sounds like "No, not that. Could your genie summon the required blood?"

Iuric kneels next to Vrakrash "If this genie cannot resurrect her perhaps there's another more indirect way" Iuric pulls out the scroll of time travel "I'm told this can allow you to travel back in time but it needs quite a lot of Bard blood to activate it" Iuric realises what that sounds like "No, not that. Could your genie summon the required blood?"

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Perhaps... but there is always a cost. The genie would likely exsanguinate poor Mags over there.'

Sarric looks up and estimates the distance to the ceiling.

"Ser borus, karinth and I once made a trebuche and tore a hole in a ceiling before. I wonder if we can make a new entrance to upstairs."

Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Perhaps... but there is always a cost. The genie would likely exsanguinate poor Mags over there.'
    "And if our bardic friend was immortal at the time you asked?" Iuric holds up the azure potion.

"And if our bardic friend was immortal at the time you asked?" Iuric holds up the azure potion.

Vrakrash nods.

'It might work. I would sooner just travel back to the moment prior to us entering this death trap, saving Mother seems incredibly selfish.'

"If he is immortal, why get a genie involved, they can be trouble, he can drain the blood himself and give it to you, or if he is squimish, he can ask one of us to drain the blood."

Vrakrash nods.

'It might work. I would sooner just travel back to the moment prior to us entering this death trap, saving Mother seems incredibly selfish.'
    "But that may summon Retula's master"

"If he is immortal, why get a genie involved, they can be trouble, he can drain the blood himself and give it to you, or if he is squimish, he can ask one of us to drain the blood."
    "I'm told he would be invulnerable to damage in the immortal state. It would be impossible to drain the blood."

OOC: EDIT: Mistress > master. Not sire if Iuric knows about the Raven Queen.

• Advertisement

"you guys are twisted."

Retula approaches the step, quaterstaff held out to avoid terrible miscounting mishaps.
    "Tink, whaddythink? I can try to dispel it but I'm going toe to toe with the most powerful magic user that ever lived, and I'm having a little trouble with the basics right now."

If P has no other ideas, cast Dispel Magic at the step

Advertisement