Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    "you guys are twisted."

Retula approaches the step, quaterstaff held out to avoid terrible miscounting mishaps.
    "Tink, whaddythink? I can try to dispel it but I'm going toe to toe with the most powerful magic user that ever lived, and I'm having a little trouble with the basics right now."

If P has no other ideas, cast Dispel Magic at the step
    **I'm out of ideas I'm afraid**

OOC: Spellcasting check

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

10 :(

The counterspell washes over the step, but cannot quite overcome it.

In response the room seals itself and the spell begins to extend down the steps toward Retula...

Fourier wrote: »
    The counterspell washes over the step, but cannot quite overcome it.

In response the room seals itself and the spell begins to extend down the steps toward Retula...

Desperately she tries again while backing up
    Ooc : 20

The spell flickers on the steps, the purple magic welling up like flames. Then, in a brief flash, it is gone.

The rooms doors reopen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash looks down at his mother's bones to see if the spell's removal has returned her to her normal state.

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash looks down at his mother's bones to see if the spell's removal has returned her to her normal state.
    The bones are just as the were and Citra just as dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Sarric follows after Retula.

sKeith wrote: »
    OOC: Retula hasn't gone up the stairs yet, but I'll assume you do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: Retula hasn't gone up the stairs yet, but I'll assume you do?
    ooc:, nope, just assume i follow retula, as per post ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The bones are just as the were and Citra just as dead.

Vrakrash gathers the bones and slowly traipses up the stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric follows Vrakrash.

Ooc : it's Sunday, not a good night for following me :)

Retula follows Vrakrash, subtlety hinting that a short break would be welcome.

Retula follows Vrakrash, subtlety hinting that a short break would be welcome.

Vrakrash nods to Retula.

'A short break for you. Time to bury my mother for me.'

At the top of the stairs is a landing with walls painted blue and three steel doors, with three symbols, known to all they are letters in the Common tongue. "A", "K" and "R". Another set of crystal stairs lead up.

Iuric examines the A door for anything out of the ordinary.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric examines the A door for anything out of the ordinary.
    The doors surface crackles slightly as Iuric approaches and from inside it is opened by an old man in farmer's clothing who regards Iuric intently, scanning him from top to bottom.

"Here for the library?"

The doors surface crackles slightly as Iuric approaches and from inside it is opened by an old man in farmer's clothing who regards Iuric intently, scanning him from top to bottom.

"Here for the library?"
    "Library? I could peruse a library." Iuric steps through the door.

Vrakrash follows Iuric into the library.

Retula has Patinkin knock on the R door with his pawhand

• Advertisement

Vrakrash nods to Retula.

'A short break for you. Time to bury my mother for me.'

"Sure. Just not the skull or the femurs, as previously discussed."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric kneels next to Vrakrash "If this genie cannot resurrect her perhaps there's another more indirect way" Iuric pulls out the scroll of time travel "I'm told this can allow you to travel back in time but it needs quite a lot of Bard blood to activate it" Iuric realises what that sounds like "No, not that. Could your genie summon the required blood?"
    Vrakrash looks to Iuric.

'Perhaps... but there is always a cost. The genie would likely exsanguinate poor Mags over there.'
    "If he is immortal, why get a genie involved, they can be trouble, he can drain the blood himself and give it to you, or if he is squimish, he can ask one of us to drain the blood."

Mags looks from one to the other as they calmly discuss taking his blood.
    "Remember this, I too have a genie and I will, with great fury, unleash it on everyone here that even considers this plan as being feasible."
    Then, being as feral as his orc blood allows, tentacle hands raised he continues in a roar, "...and then I'll eat the ****ers remains!"

After Rets clears out the magic step Mags, still bristling, stomps up to the landing and waits at the foot of the next set of stairs.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    "Remember this, I too have a genie and I will, with great fury, unleash it on everyone here that even considers this plan as being feasible."
    Then, being as feral as his orc blood allows, tentacle hands raised he continues in a roar, "...and then I'll eat the ****ers remains!"

After Rets clears out the magic step Mags, still bristling, stomps up to the landing and waits at the foot of the next set of stairs.
    The crystal stairs whisper to him.

"Go to the room marked with an 'A' Mags, we have something of interest for you there"

"Look, I know we don't need it right now, but with a little bit of what we in the business like to call 'jiggery' and also some of what you laymen call 'pokery' we may be able to do it safely using a little bit of vivimancy to temporarily boost your body's ability to produce blood over and above what we can pull out of it. All we'd need to do is have a few gourds on hand to store it - and I'm pretty sure there's a basic ritual in the manual for preservation so we wouldn't even need to do it all at once? Like, be prepared and stuff?

I mean, like, if you're gonna be fussy fussy, yeah - maybe we shudda tested it on the dragon before she exploded herself, dragon blood is supercool."

OOC : is the basic vivimantic ritual for organ preservation in the tome I picked up in moss-back's underwater tower? I'm just assuming, as it's the Day 1, Lesson 1 vivi-spell.

"Look, I know we don't need it right now, but with a little bit of what we in the business like to call 'jiggery' and also some of what you laymen call 'pokery' we may be able to do it safely using a little bit of vivimancy to temporarily boost your body's ability to produce blood over and above what we can pull out of it. All we'd need to do is have a few gourds on hand to store it - and I'm pretty sure there's a basic ritual in the manual for preservation so we wouldn't even need to do it all at once? Like, be prepared and stuff?

I mean, like, if you're gonna be fussy fussy, yeah - maybe we shudda tested it on the dragon before she exploded herself, dragon blood is supercool."

OOC : is the basic vivimantic ritual for organ preservation in the tome I picked up in moss-back's underwater tower? I'm just assuming, as it's the Day 1, Lesson 1 vivi-spell.
    "Look, Rets, all I'm hearing from you is waffle and words that mean nothing to me. If you might place trust in your bloodmagic then well and good, go ahead and use your blood all you like. However, if you look to me to voluntarily open my arteries then you really don't know me."

Mags listens to the voice of the crystal stair and heads into room 'A'. It was right about the stair so he's going to put a bit more trust in it for now. It's probably more trustworthy then his companions right now.

"Look, Rets, all I'm hearing from you is waffle and words that mean nothing to me. If you might place trust in your bloodmagic then well and good, go ahead and use your blood all you like. However, if you look to me to voluntarily open my arteries then you really don't know me."

Mags listens to the voice of the crystal stair and heads into room 'A'. It was right about the stair so he's going to put a bit more trust in it for now. It's probably more trustworthy then his companions right now.
    The room, to the untrained eye, contains nothing but a simple string instrument, with four strings stretched across a board made of a yellow metal. Looking closer the strings themselves are made of compressed Mana, solid magic.

The vibrations being given off echo around the room in a way only a bard can hear. However it is much more than that. Mags can hear no the structure of the tower. The whole of it, or at least the lower section, is a great musicomantic experiment. The vibrations reach into the deepest layers of the worldsong.

A voice speaks to him.

"I've always lacked the facility of a bard and so could not play this great song. Will you do so for me Mags. Close the door and within this room you shall be shielded from its effects. Your friends most likely will perish, but what is that compared to playing the tune of the world"

Mags is sorely tempted to take the instrument and, angry as he is right now, killing his companions might not be such a poor price to pay.
    But he stops.
    "Errrr, tempting as that is I have a prior date on the sixth floor with some marble gates. So, if you'll excuse me..."
    As he is speaking Mags is backing out the doors of room 'A'.

"JoePaz, you hearing this? Getting any insights?"

"JoePaz, you hearing this? Getting any insights?"
    "The music Mags, it is beautiful. It would be the greatest song..."

He begins to vibrate sympathetically with the string instrument.

• Advertisement

"Hush up Joe, don't be getting ideas above your station." Mags mutes Joes strings. He looks at his hand silencing his instrument and then back at the instrument in the library.
    From outside he reaches back through the door using Magehand to silent the vibrations running through the instrument (bass, lute, violin, dulcimer?).

Advertisement