Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    Sarric enters and goes over to warm his hands on the fire.
    "Hi I'm Sarric,
    been told that those who enter here never leave.
    Now that we have entered, I'd really not like to follow that trend.
    Can you us any hints about the tower? shortcuts, maps, anything that could assist us.

Would you be interested in being our guide?

or do you know anyone who would like to guide us?"
    "Some might, not me. I'm just supposed to keep the experiments on these lower three levels going and fill in the reports for Ursula.

Keep your hands of anything weird would be my main advice and get to the soul chamber one floor up"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"reports for Ursula?

She's still alive?"

Retula looks at Stroupy and Citra, counting on her fingers.

"Oh for crying out loud..... So, can you tell me anything about this soul chamber?"

Banjo wrote: »
    "reports for Ursula?

She's still alive?"

Retula looks at Stroupy and Citra, counting on her fingers.

"Oh for crying out loud..... So, can you tell me anything about this soul chamber?"
    "Stores your soul, like a back up copy...alive isn't the word I'd use, but she can get the reports"

Fourier wrote: »
    "Stores your soul, like a back up copy...alive isn't the word I'd use, but she can get the reports"

"No but I bet I can think of someone who would!"
    She turns to the Raven.
    "The dragon, the naked dude and whatevers left of the bystanders in Bandysia. Anything else is overtime, paid up front. Might as well die happy.

Hey Karinth - don't pretend this soul chamber thing doesn't ring a bell, it's got vivimagicky written all over it. Spill!"

"No but I bet I can think of someone who would!"
    She turns to the Raven.
    "The dragon, the naked dude and whatevers left of the bystanders in Bandysia. Anything else is overtime, paid up front. Might as well die happy.

Hey Karinth - don't pretend this soul chamber thing doesn't ring a bell, it's got vivimagicky written all over it. Spill!"
    The Raven indicates she has no interest in Ursula.

"Vivimantic certainly, the elites in Othegregrad have similar devices"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    The door is opened by a massive minotaur female standing in a room with an open fire.

Vrakrash admires the minotaur and examines her.

'My lady, such beauty! I had heard of your kind but never before had I witnessed one in the flesh.

Tell me, are you spoken for? If I ever happen back this way, would you be interested in a courtship?

Dragontaurs would make for excellent examining. I suspect Ursula herself would approve!'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Vrakrash admires the minotaur and examines her.

'My lady, such beauty! I had heard of your kind but never before had I witnessed one in the flesh.

Tell me, are you spoken for? If I ever happen back this way, would you be interested in a courtship?

Dragontaurs would make for excellent examining. I suspect Ursula herself would approve!'
    She looks up and cringes.

"Interspecies interests you dragon? Is this from your mother or father's side?" Karinth asks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote:
    "Interspecies interests you dragon? Is this from your mother or father's side?" Karinth asks.

He looks at Karinth. 'Apparently both, as I have recently learned.'

Retula moves to block Vrakrashs's view of the polar bear rug lest an incident occur.

When his dander settles, she goes to check out the southern door.
    "If we're heading on, anyone you want us to call for dinner?"

Retula moves to block Vrakrashs's view of the polar bear rug lest an incident occur.

When his dander settles, she goes to check out the southern door.
    "If we're heading on, anyone you want us to call for dinner?"
    "The nervous guy, you'll know him when you see him"

• Advertisement

Retula hears a creak under the rug.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Evade

He looks at Karinth. 'Apparently both, as I have recently learned.'
    Iuric leans close to Vrakrash and quietly says "I find a few tales of great deeds before bringing up mating increases the chance of success"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric leans close to Vrakrash and quietly says "I find a few tales of great deeds before bringing up mating increases the chance of success"

“Hey Dragon “ I call over ; “ what’s the oathbreaker telling you ?”

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mags, having followed Sarric into the tower hovers near the Minotaur room, torn between the sight of a free lunch just sitting there on the table and then lure of the gem sitting in the entranceway. He feels like one of the red toads, unable to make a decision. In the end he opts decides to forgo both for now, settle on a ration snack and ask the Minotaur a question.
    "Err, excuse me Miss, would you happen to know of a music room or something similar hereabouts? Also, I have some gornroot powder in my rations if you'd like to add a little to your food, which I must say look delicious."
    He wipes a thin dribble of saliva from a tusk.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Mags, having followed Sarric into the tower hovers near the Minotaur room, torn between the sight of a free lunch just sitting there on the table and then lure of the gem sitting in the entranceway. He feels like one of the red toads, unable to make a decision. In the end he opts decides to forgo both for now, settle on a ration snack and ask the Minotaur a question.
    "Err, excuse me Miss, would you happen to know of a music room or something similar hereabouts? Also, I have some gornroot powder in my rations if you'd like to add a little to your food, which I must say look delicious."
    He wipes a thin dribble of saliva from a tusk.
    "Oh there's a music room, up a couple of floors though. You'll like it. Be very careful on the way up there. Look this tower is a dog eat dog world. Us "caretakers" can handle each other, but some of us would be too much for you guys and they're not as welcoming as me. And us caretakers are the nicest thing in here.

Oh and no gornroot please, the food is tailored to me precisely"

Fourier wrote: »
    Retula hears a creak under the rug.

OOC : Not sure of the geography and orientation of the room. If feasible, while Mags has the Minotess distracted, Retula will summon Patinkin near to the rug and outside of the Minotess's field of view, to lift a corner and take a peek. I know it's a non-play day, just sticking it in while it's relevant. That last sentence, while clumsy and unintentional, is still better than any Vrakrash chat-up line.

Banjo wrote:
    OOC : Not sure of the geography and orientation of the room. If feasible, while Mags has the Minotess distracted, Retula will summon Patinkin near to the rug and outside of the Minotess's field of view, to lift a corner and take a peek. I know it's a non-play day, just sticking it in while it's relevant. That last sentence, while clumsy and unintentional, is still better than any Vrakrash chat-up line.

OOC: Hey! Vrakrash's lines are as smooth as Mags voice! I don't know how smooth that is, but it's pretty damn smooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OOC: Hey! Vrakrash's lines are as smooth as Mags voice! I don't know how smooth that is, but it's pretty damn smooth!
    OOC: Smooth as a wet shave with a new blade.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Patinkin takes a peak under the rug. A steel trapdoor is mounted into the wooden floor beneath.

Retula nonchalantly dismisses her familiar, wanders aimlessly towards the rug, shuffling and tapping as if idly dancing to get a sense of how solid the floor feels, then at least 6 seconds later when she gets near to the Trapdoor she summons Patinkin again about 5 feet beneath the trap door.

OOC : Find Familar states "As an action while it is temporarily dismissed, you can cause it to reappear in any unoccupied space within 30 feet of you." - there's no mention that I have to be able to see that space unlike, say Blessing of the RQ. So hopefully this works. If 5ft isn't far enough, she'll increase in 2 1/2 foot increments and repeat. Manticore should have Darkvision and can fly. If it's in immediate mortal danger she'll dismiss it again, otherwise she'll spend an action to take a look through it's eyes and assess

• Advertisement

Patinkin appears in a brightly lit room whose walls are caked in blood. Two doors move along the surface of the walls moving in a North-East-South-West order, one on the opposite face to the other.

The ceiling is steel.

One of the doors is carved from a rare metal that has a silver appearance, though with an aura the magically sensitive can notice. The other door is wooden and a plaque on its front says "Binding Studies".

OOC : Ok, I didn't really get a chance to get to know Patinkin, including finding out his actual name, and whether or not he's a he. (And since the moment when him being named Manti (core) Patinkin might have been worth a giggle, has passed, I'm more than happy to call him/her something else :D) But more importantly :
    Face : Human, Lion, Tiger, Humany-feline hybrid, tentacles
    Front limbs : Hands , paws, hand-like paws, paw-like hands, tentacles
    Body : Lion, tiger, Chest of a dude with lion junk, tentacles
    Wings : Birdlike, Draconic, Tentacles
    Rear Limbs : Feline, Birdlike, Tentacles
    Tail : Feline, More tentacles, Scorpionlike, Feline but with spikes, segmented with spikes, big tentacle with little tentacles on the end, Another face (human, lion, etc etc.)
    Just so I can strategise around this by having an idea of what it can and can't do.

OOC: Are the lists questions? i.e. Is his face a Human, Lion, Tiger, Humany-feline hybrid, tentacles?

The Minotaur rises after finishing her food and heads out the door to the South.

Vrakrash pulls the polar bear rug from its position and checks beneath it for anything of note.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric heads to the south door and looks through if it's open or stands guard if it isn't.

Vrakrash pulls the polar bear rug from its position and checks beneath it for anything of note.
    He sees the metallic trapdoor mounted into the floor.

Vrakrash tentatively checks the trapdoor to see if it opens easily.

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric heads to the south door and looks through if it's open or stands guard if it isn't.
    He sees a quite empty room with only three stairs, a glass table and stairs going up.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash tentatively checks the trapdoor to see if it opens easily.
    The trapdoor lifts with ease.

He sees a ladder going down and a metallic room caked in blood below.

Advertisement