Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D II Act Two Scene I - The Tower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Retula munches on some berries she scavenged (OOC : Outlander background).
    Kakraaaaaw!

"**** 'em, they know where I am if they want some. So, what's the plan?"

Cawlup!

"Ha! Don't pretend I'm in charge. You dance to her tune and I dance to yours. You see any vampires queuing up to talk to me in cryptic mumbles? Even the others see that now, it was only a matter of time before I-"

Ku-uk-kuk

"Oh spare me! Look, the way I see it we don't have to go in there. We just make sure she doesn't come out."

Caaaw! Caaaaaaw!

"um…. To be honest, not a lot. I can poke her in the eye with a stick? Size of that peeper, it's not like I could miss. And then she either torches me to a crisp or you-know-who sticks a negative energy plane where my mouth should be and I swallow her up or… whatever? I mean, I think she's called our bluff on the big V getting involved, that horse is burgermeat and the barn burned down. She knows we can't stop her now - and before you say it, no, she was definitely full strength, that naked dude was collateral un-damage and he took a full force blast to the face, there's no way she was weakened then either. She's been full strength since the second she opened her eyes. So doesn't it make more sense to let the tower wreck her and the other guy, and we just mop up? I don't have the power to stand toe to toe with her."

Prrrrrk!

"Bag your beak! All I've ever done is my best and that's all I ever said I'd do. Don't put this on me - don't you dare! You know who put this on us. You know who dragged us here. You know who keeps dragging me everywhere. And as for what we do? Well what can we do? I can't depend on her - Half the powers I've got don't work like the small print said they would or straight up do nothing. I mean I know it's not like there are many other options to have decades of training poured into your head at short notice and maybe I did squander my extended youth a little but like, dude! She is not holding up her end at all. She can't ask me to die for this, not like this."

Ank-up!

"Yeah? Well I have people who believe in me too you know. Who worship me. And she's making me treat them just as ****ty as she's treating us! And I didn't have to buy them! I earned…. Ok, I sorta won them in a raffle but that's beside the point. They deserve better than this. Than me. And maybe I deserve better than her.

Syrith! What's in these berries? I'm getting all maudlin… So, whaddyathink? Big village, only the one grave, I mean he can't be one of theirs. So…. He's one of hers?"

She points up at the tower. The Raven flaps it's wings uncomfortably.

"What? I'm not gonna do that! Check it - Skull face, bone arms, big ol' book full of damned souls - I'm supposed to guide them to their rest, not wake the bastards up."
    She pauses, then points at the Manticore.
    "He's gonnna do it. Get stuck in, fresh meat. Let me know if you find anything. H - see what happens if you start flying up toward the tower. Ah ah ahhh! I'm not asking. I command you. Relax. You're immortal! Or very easily replaced. I mean the end result is the same for me either way, and that's what's important… isn't it?"

OOC : TL;DR : Retula argues with herself, achieves little more than a reason to return to the group, has her familiar dig a grave up with his paws. I'm assuming he has paws. Typing makes me look busy at work.

She wanders back to see what the group is doing.
    OldGoat wrote: »
    "And just WHY are we going into the place where no intruder has ever before survived?"
    "'Cause a couple of those intruders need to be unsurvived generally and insist on death by gigantic oppressive tower instead of a humane ceremony where I drain their blood into bath, wallow in it and sing them a lullaby. Can't imagine why. I mean it doesn't sound like she's pulling a fast one at allllll."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Banjo wrote: »
    "'Cause a couple of those intruders need to be unsurvived generally and insist on death by gigantic oppressive tower instead of a humane ceremony where I drain their blood into bath, wallow in it and sing them a lullaby. Can't imagine why. I mean it doesn't sound like she's pulling a fast one at allllll."
    "You sing in the bath?"

Mags contemplates the prospect of new bardic skills, a very tempting lure.

As he wonders who he'll side with- if anyone - he transcribes the spell "Healing Word" and signs it 'On behalf of the Gods of Music and stuff'. He takes the paper, wraps it up and places it into a crevice in a nearby treestump.
    "Someone's gotta leave treasures for other newbies to find."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Vrakrash hunts around for any remaining rabbit, assuming Ser Boros hasn't eaten it all. He lazes in the grass and looks up at Mags and Retula.

'So this tower, it appears I have the only key. Weird too - it was in some case in some weird writing that I just knew what it said...'"The case will open for those whom it should" - and it just opened for me! Perhaps it is because I was hatched here... I dunno. Just thought I'd mention it.'

"We get it, Golden Boy. You're special. Everyone is looking at you in awe, the god's smile on your every step blah blah blah...

Nice armour. I'll bet you could oppress the crap out of a downtrodden village in a suit like that."

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,058 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

"We get it, Golden Boy. You're special. Everyone is looking at you in awe, the god's smile on your every step blah blah blah...

Nice armour. I'll bet you could oppress the crap out of a downtrodden village in a suit like that."

'You sound jealous... I didn't know god's in their own right got jealous.... should I address you with a big 'G' or a small one? Hmmm...'

He munches on a rabbit leg.

'So what is your own religion all about Rettie? Death and destruction? Taking mothers from their sons? Or just the God of witty remarks?'

He smiles up at Retula sweetly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Evade

Iuric rejoins the group, sits down, and sharpens Durandal. "If none have returned from this tower before, best to be prepared."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

"What makes you believe that is the only key? I bet everybody who enters thinks they have the only key, but if that was true, then if nobody ever escapes from in there, how the hells is the key getting back out again so that another has the only key.
    Nah, there probably 1000's of those keys , scattered far and wide."

Necrominus wrote: »
    'You sound jealous... I didn't know god's in their own right got jealous.... should I address you with a big 'G' or a small one? Hmmm...'

He munches on a rabbit leg.

'So what is your own religion all about Rettie? Death and destruction? Taking mothers from their sons? Or just the God of witty remarks?'

He smiles up at Retula sweetly.

"Dude, I've been in the gig for like 3 days. It doesn't come with a manual, and thanks to you bozos and your bull**** portals I'm a long way from the office where I already had a mountain of **** to work through. So if you *must* address me, trying doing it with a great big capital S for 'sorry'? Thanks for making time in your busy schedule ****ing up the order of the multiverse to chat though."

sKeith wrote: »
    "What makes you believe that is the only key? I bet everybody who enters thinks they have the only key, but if that was true, then if nobody ever escapes from in there, how the hells is the key getting back out again so that another has the only key.
    "Or Perhaps the key itself teleports once it has been used?"

'Why would it be locked inside a case with that note then? You could be right, but...'
    "Dude, I've been in the gig for like 3 days. It doesn't come with a manual, and thanks to you bozos and your bull**** portals I'm a long way from the office where I already had a mountain of **** to work through. So if you *must* address me, trying doing it with a great big capital S for 'sorry'? Thanks for making time in your busy schedule ****ing up the order of the multiverse to chat though."

'Rettie... are you having... woman.. problems? Or is there a stick firmly lodged in your hind quarters. I was only asking as I don't currently have a big 'G' to follow - I mean, TECHNICALLY I should worship my father but the nudity, the endless rampant sex-crazed stuff... not really my thing, you know? But if you're not interested in worshippers, I'll find someone else, I guess...

Iuric, who's the guy you used to follow again? Maybe he's looking for a new recruit?'

• Advertisement

Sarric wanders into the town.

'Rettie... are you having... woman.. problems? Or is there a stick firmly lodged in your hind quarters. I was only asking as I don't currently have a big 'G' to follow - I mean, TECHNICALLY I should worship my father but the nudity, the endless rampant sex-crazed stuff... not really my thing, you know? But if you're not interested in worshippers, I'll find someone else, I guess...

Iuric, who's the guy you used to follow again? Maybe he's looking for a new recruit?'

"That is so like you, to assume my followers aren't sex-crazed pervs just 'cause none of them are ****ing you! My followers get plenty. If you want in, read the book. Naked dude has it. But it's not something to enter into lightly, because you know what your first tribute's going to have to be.

And yeah. I'm having women problems. I'm surrounded by men, and they're all psychopaths and mommas boys. "

"That is so like you, to assume my followers aren't sex-crazed pervs just 'cause none of them are ****ing you! My followers get plenty. If you want in, read the book. Naked dude has it. But it's not something to enter into lightly, because you know what your first tribute's going to have to be.

And yeah. I'm having women problems. I'm surrounded by men, and they're all psychopaths and mommas boys. "

Vrakrash laughs.

'Ok, ok - I get the hint. No worshipping the teenage southern God of death, that's cool.'

He rolls over and goes to sleep.

Iuric goes very pale "M... Mesharum." he looks around cautiously.

OOC : Minor illusion - the unmistakable sound of wheel hitting moistened skin, over and over, just behind Iuric's left shoulder.

"That sound" Iuric has a very unpleasant flashback of Jeremy one second looking like this l the next like this Y. He keels over into the fetal position muttering "He's alive... Karinth has him... I didn't kill him... Did I?" over and over.

<SNIP - OOC Chat moved to OT Thread>

Sarric wanders into the town.
    "Ho, Sarric, wait up. I'll accompany you if I may. Have I ever told you the story of the imp and the ogre? Well..."
    Mags rambles into a lurid tale of daring do and doing dares as they walk to the building ahead.

Sarric pauses for Mags to catch up.

Fourier wrote: »
    The inhabitants of the town are faceless grey humanoid figures with a weak magical armour over them. Their surface undulates slightly, as if made of a liquid. They look almost like mannequins or puppets.
    Mags seeks out and cautiously approaches one (isolated) townie. If perceiving that all is well engages in conversation.
    "Hi there. I'm looking for an inn or a tavern, somewhere a weary traveller and a master entertainer might refresh, seek news, meet interesting people. Could you point me in the right direction please.
    That tower over there is magnificent, can you tell me anything about it perchance?"

Evade wrote: »
    Iuric goes very pale "M... Mesharum." he looks around cautiously.

'Yeah, that's the chap. How would you get in contact with a fella like that - give Rettie's wanting sacrifices in return for devotion to her... typical Gods, take take take, never any giving. Anyways, I suppose we should think about heading for the tower.'

Vrakrash starts up the path towards the tower, taking out the key and examining it closely on the way.

• Advertisement

'Yeah, that's the chap. How would you get in contact with a fella like that - give Rettie's wanting sacrifices in return for devotion to her... typical Gods, take take take, never any giving. Anyways, I suppose we should think about heading for the tower.'
    "I um... I had but one avenue of contact" Iuric shudders at the thought of trying to summon Ramiel, he was a pain before but now... "It may not be wise to pursue it"

OOC: I might not be around tonight, if there's any decisions to be made Iuric will side with Vrakrash. Can't break another oath.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Mags seeks out and cautiously approaches one (isolated) townie. If perceiving that all is well engages in conversation.
    "Hi there. I'm looking for an inn or a tavern, somewhere a weary traveller and a master entertainer might refresh, seek news, meet interesting people. Could you point me in the right direction please.
    That tower over there is magnificent, can you tell me anything about it perchance?"
    One of the mannequin like beings looks up at the tower. It's massive base floating above the town square.

"Yes, it is wonderful. I am sorry to say we have little in the way of entertainment or taverns. We require no sustenance aside from a stream of magical energy from the tower. Entertainment, well, I suppose we do have a form, but other races would find it boring. Simple conversation, tower maintenance, keeping up with tower events and so on"

Fourier wrote: »
    One of the mannequin like beings looks up at the tower. It's massive base floating above the town square.

"Yes, it is wonderful. I am sorry to say we have little in the way of entertainment or taverns. We require no sustenance aside from a stream of magical energy from the tower. Entertainment, well, I suppose we do have a form, but other races would find it boring. Simple conversation, tower maintenance, keeping up with tower events and so on"

"Tower maintenance and tower events are fascinating. Are there maintenance doorways and passages or do you enter through the main entrance?"
    Mags looks up at the tower then back and forth between the townie and the tower.
    "So, how do you manage to get up there?"
    As he points he casts the 'True Strike' cantrip in the hopes of discovering any weakness these strange beings might have.

"Tower maintenance and tower events are fascinating. Are there maintenance doorways and passages or do you enter through the main entrance?"
    Mags looks up at the tower then back and forth between the townie and the tower.
    "So, how do you manage to get up there?"
    As he points he casts the 'True Strike' cantrip in the hopes of discovering any weakness these strange beings might have.
    "We are summoned to where we are needed, we simply become aware of it. As for entering, we and the tower are of the same being, the walls simply absorb us, we are part of its immune system you might say. You are foreign bodies, it might be dangerous for you in there"

Mags plays a light tune that reverberates back of the mannequin's body, should he need to strike him he senses a weakness in the substances forming his lower back.

"That's rely interesting and thanks for the warning. Hypothetically speaking, if we had a key that grants access would we still be considered 'foreign' and therefore dangerous?"

"That's rely interesting and thanks for the warning. Hypothetically speaking, if we had a key that grants access would we still be considered 'foreign' and therefore dangerous?"
    "No, you'd be fine...well fine to enter. The tower's internal geometry, the defensive traps, the inhabitants and the still functioning spell experiments are all quite dangerous. Add in the inhabitants fighting over the experiments and so on. Well I don't think I'll see you again.

If I do though, you'll have power you can only imagine now"

"Thank you." Mags waves as he walk on.
    "You've been a credit to your, errrr, tower."

"Thank you." Mags waves as he walk on.
    "You've been a credit to your, errrr, tower."
    As Mags walks on he reaches the center of the town with small residential homes and a single domed building out of which rises column that stretches up into the towers base.

The domed building has a large emerald green door.

Mags sits by the door and waits for the keyholder. He takes out JoePaz and noodles a tune, just for practice.

• Advertisement

Vrakrash starts up the path towards the tower, taking out the key and examining it closely on the way.
    The key slowly cycles through the colours of the rainbow as Vrakrash walks forward. Looking closely at the key he can see magical energy inside.

He arrives at the domed building, whose emerald door is now blue, as is the key.

Advertisement