Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweden Riots

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

And another one.

Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Most popular baby boy's name in UK for the last few years is Mohammed.

Not exactly beyond possibility is it ?

Doesn’t that just mean that given names are more diverse in some ethnic groups than others? That just tells us that lots and lots of Muslims call their kid Mohammed. 70 years ago, Ireland was lousy with Johns and Marys. Now there is much a greater spread of names.

So Mohammed being the most popular name tells us very little as an isolated fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,227 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Doesn’t that just mean that given names are more diverse in some ethnic groups than others? That just tells us that lots and lots of Muslims call their kid Mohammed. 70 years ago, Ireland was lousy with Johns and Marys. Now there is much a greater spread of names.

So Mohammed being the most popular name tells us very little as an isolated fact.

Muslims can be very limited in what names they can choose so I suspect its why Mohammed appears more frequently.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

God you libs will do handstands before accepting the uncomfortable truths. Why mention that Ireland used to have Irish names. So what? Ireland is Irish! The fact that the most popular name in Saudi Arabia is Mohammed is not surprising. The fact that it is in the UK is very disturbing indeed. We can say with certainty that Mohammed will remain number 1 for the foreseeable future...interestingly in 2017 it was number 87 in Ireland. A mere 18 years ago, in the UK, Mohammed was ranked number 37. The question that people need to be asking is how long before it’s number one here too? My guess is less than one generation. Unless something is done. Unfortunately all our political parties are hostage to the same multicult affliction that has assailed th west since the 60s. Only now are people starting to wake up. This is what Bannon euphemistically calls “economic nationalism”. Personally, looking at the vilification of President Trump, I think it is too little too late for the Occident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

pearcider wrote: »
    God you libs will do handstands before accepting the uncomfortable truths. Why mention that Ireland used to have Irish names. So what? Ireland is Irish! The fact that the most popular name in Saudi Arabia is Mohammed is not surprising. The fact that it is in the UK is very disturbing indeed. We can say with certainty that Mohammed will remain number 1 for the foreseeable future...interestingly in 2017 it was number 87 in Ireland. A mere 18 years ago, in the UK, Mohammed was ranked number 37. The question that people need to be asking is how long before it’s number one here too? My guess is less than one generation. Unless something is done. Unfortunately all our political parties are hostage to the same multicult affliction that has assailed th west since the 60s. Only now are people starting to wake up. This is what Bannon euphemistically calls “economic nationalism”. Personally, looking at the vilification of President Trump, I think it is too little too late for the Occident.

It was a comparison. Did I really just need to type that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Of course liberals love building ghettoes

The sad part is you've probably convinced yourself this is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The sad part is you've probably convinced yourself this is true.
    Yep

Along with "liberals think Margaret Cash should be given a lovely brand new big house in an area of her choosing for free".

And look at all the "thanks" he/she got, including one from the poster who thinks the 8th amendment referendum was part of a plot to wipe out the white race from the face of the earth ffs

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Yep

Along with "liberals think Margaret Cash should be given a lovely brand new big house in an area of her choosing for free".

And look at all the "thanks" he/she got, including one from the poster who thinks the 8th amendment referendum was part of a plot to wipe out the white race from the face of the earth ffs

And one page ago..
    Billy Mays wrote: »
    Another anecdote

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,496 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    This is no doubts Kilkenny's future now that the Mosque has been forced through. :'(

Just like Clonskeagh is now, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

I was agreeing with the sentiment until it got to those creeps Trump and Bannon. Is there no sensible middle-ground opinion left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,346 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Just like Clonskeagh is now, right?

A hotbed of radical views that would have been considered extreme right in Franco's Spain.

Clonskeagh is not an example to follow.

Danzy wrote: »
    A hotbed of radical views that would have been considered extreme right in Franco's Spain.

Clonskeagh is not an example to follow.
    Really? How does this radicalism in Clonskeagh manifest itself in your experience?

Based on the family and friends I know who live there, the only time they get radical is when they run out of ciabatta in Lynams. But maybe you've had other experiences?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Really? How does this radicalism in Clonskeagh manifest itself in your experience?

Based on the family and friends I know who live there, the only time they get radical is when they run out of ciabatta in Lynams. But maybe you've had other experiences?

I've walked through the area a fair few times. Entirely safe and nothing off about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The Imams son wanting the streets in Egypt to “run red with blood” and wanting to “fight to the last bullet” is quite radical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The Imams son wanting the streets in Egypt to “run red with blood” and wanting to “fight to the last bullet” is quite radical.

Some people need to learn the hard way. Just because they're not causing problems here at the moment doesn't mean they won't as their numbers increase. Its not racist to be cautious a group linked with such extremism no matter how much the usual suspects want to yell racist, islamaphobe, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭enricoh

The Garda's counter-terrorist unit is conducting more raids, searches and arrests than ever before linked to supporters of Isil, security sources say.

New figures reported yesterday reveal that the numbers of suspected Jihadi sympathisers on a Garda watch list has doubled to more than 70, with a group of 20 to 30 of those believed to be in direct contact with terror cells in Europe.
    ^^
    Some poster walks past clonskeagh mosque n didn't see any lads with ak47s or suicide belts so it's grand. Someone should tell the cops not to bother!

So the views of one person now counts as a 'hotbed', does it?

Some people need to learn the hard way. Just because they're not causing problems here at the moment doesn't mean they won't as their numbers increase. Its not racist to be cautious a group linked with such extremism no matter how much the usual suspects want to yell racist, islamaphobe, etc.

What particular group are you referring to here? If it is 'Muslims', do you take the same cautious view about 'Christians' given there links to extremism and violence in places like the southern USA?
    enricoh wrote: »
    The Garda's counter-terrorist unit is conducting more raids, searches and arrests than ever before linked to supporters of Isil, security sources say.

New figures reported yesterday reveal that the numbers of suspected Jihadi sympathisers on a Garda watch list has doubled to more than 70, with a group of 20 to 30 of those believed to be in direct contact with terror cells in Europe.
    Would you care to share details of the 'security sources' and 'new figures', just in the interests of openness and transparency?

Never mind - found it - the 18 month old story of 'new figures' with no details of what those figures actually are - just the usual rumour and innuendo sh1t-stirring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

What particular group are you referring to here? If it is 'Muslims', do you take the same cautious view about 'Christians' given there links to extremism and violence in places like the southern USA?

Got to love the enablers here. Christians flew planes into the Towers on 9/11? Is it Christians that killing gays for being gay by burning them alive or tossing them off buildings? Are Christians invading Countries under the guise of refugees and committing mass rapes, driving trucks onto the streets to mow down pedestrians or throwing acid on people's faces?

And you're probably one of the first to complain about whataboutery.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-to-mount-anti-terror-operation-for-st-patrick-s-day-parade-

Yeah more innuendo and ****-stirring by the cops, armed rapid response units around Dublin for the paddys day parade this year. Maybe they and the Irish Times are making this stuff up, racist etc, eh?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-to-mount-anti-terror-operation-for-st-patrick-s-day-parade-

Yeah more innuendo and ****-stirring by the cops, armed rapid response units around Dublin for the paddys day parade this year. Maybe they and the Irish Times are making this stuff up, racist etc, eh?
    Your link is broken. Twice. I'm guessing this is the article that you meant to link to:

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda-to-mount-anti-terror-operation-for-st-patrick-s-day-parade-1.3427541

though I'm not sure you managed to actually read the article, which says:

Garda sources have stressed there is no specific intelligence to suggest Ireland is a target from international terror groups.

There are far more people killed by criminals in Ireland (all devout Christians, judging by the funeral pictures) than by Muslim terrorists. If you want to go back a few years, there are far far more people killed in religious wars in Ireland than have been killed by Muslim terrorists in Europe.

But yeah, keep on stirring, regardless of the facts.

• Advertisement

So the views of one person now counts as a 'hotbed', does it?

Would you care to share details of the 'security sources' and 'new figures', just in the interests of openness and transparency?

Never mind - found it - the 18 month old story of 'new figures' with no details of what those figures actually are - just the usual rumour and innuendo sh1t-stirring.

There were guys from another Dublin mosque handing out leaflets for the “March for Peace” in Dublin. One of them got the absolute shyte beat out of him for giving them out. That other moderate imam, who organised the march for peace has also spoken out at the extremist views preached at the Clonskeagh Mosque. But you just keep the emu act up.

There are far more people killed by criminals in Ireland (all devout Christians, judging by the funeral pictures) than by Muslim terrorists. If you want to go back a few years, there are far far more people killed in religious wars in Ireland than have been killed by Muslim terrorists in Europe.

Ah, this oul chestnut again, equating drug dealers shooting each other to guys in trucks mowing down people or suicide bombers blowing up kids at an Arianna grande concert.

Yeah sure, if you go back far enough the crusaders and the vikings, Cromwell etc.

More Muslim migrants please so leo, send the navy to the med to fill up. Let's do exactly as Sweden did.

There were guys from another Dublin mosque handing out leaflets for the “March for Peace” in Dublin. One of them got the absolute shyte beat out of him for giving them out. That other moderate imam, who organised the march for peace has also spoken out at the extremist views preached at the Clonskeagh Mosque. But you just keep the emu act up.

If one person getting the absolute shyte beaten out of them is now a sign of a terrorist hotbed, then there are an awful lot of terrorist hotbeds in Ireland every Friday and Saturday night, when the pubs close.

I don't suppose there is any change that you'd have any reputable source for your claims though?

Ah, this oul chestnut again, equating drug dealers shooting each other to guys in trucks mowing down people or suicide bombers blowing up kids at an Arianna grande concert.

Yeah sure, if you go back far enough the crusaders and the vikings, Cromwell etc.
    You picked me up wrong. I wasn't equating the two scenarios. They are nowhere near equal.

The number of people killed by drug dealers shooting each other up in Ireland is vastly higher than the number of people killed by Muslim terrorists (which is at something like zero).

And I wasn't talking about the crusaders and Cromwell - I was talking about in my lifetime, when Catholics and Protestants would blow each other up in Northern Ireland and occasionally down south or in the UK with alarming regularity. Do we consider anyone associated with Catholics or Protestants as suspect? Should we be blocking all immigration of Catholics or Protestants given their track record for terrorism?

If one person getting the absolute shyte beaten out of them is now a sign of a terrorist hotbed, then there are an awful lot of terrorist hotbeds in Ireland every Friday and Saturday night, when the pubs close.

I don't suppose there is any change that you'd have any reputable source for your claims though?

http://www.thejournal.ie/umar-al-qadri-teaching-2430709-Nov2015/

Thanks for the link. I don't see any mention of Clonskeagh in that article?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

who on a friday and saturday night is getting the **** beat out of them for organising a peace rally?

"AndrewJRenko;108277672"]You picked me up wrong. I wasn't equating the two scenarios. They are nowhere near equal.

The number of people killed by drug dealers shooting each other up in Ireland is vastly higher than the number of people killed by Muslim terrorists (which is at something like zero).

And I wasn't talking about the crusaders and Cromwell - I was talking about in my lifetime, when Catholics and Protestants would blow each other up in Northern Ireland and occasionally down south or in the UK with alarming regularity. Do we consider anyone associated with Catholics or Protestants as suspect? Should we be blocking all immigration of Catholics or Protestants given their track record for terrorism?
    ^^^
    So because we have had trouble here already, we should import more trouble?
    Thread is about riots in Sweden, they took in a hape of Muslim refugees/migrants. To give them a better life, at huge expense.
    The way the hosts have been repaid is alarming imo.
    Anyway their country they can let in who they want. Only thing is Irelands politicians are tripping over themselves to do the exact same. Eh, thanks but no thanks

Thanks for the link. I don't see any mention of Clonskeagh in that article?

The Imam quoted in the article has mentioned Clonskeagh in the past. Perhaps read up on him. He’s a moderate imam who wants integration by his flock. Unlike the Clonskeagh one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Got to love the enablers here. Christians flew planes into the Towers on 9/11? Is it Christians that killing gays for being gay by burning them alive or tossing them off buildings? Are Christians invading Countries under the guise of refugees and committing mass rapes, driving trucks onto the streets to mow down pedestrians or throwing acid on people's faces?

And you're probably one of the first to complain about whataboutery.

Dear o dear. Thats worse than your notions about white genocide.

Advertisement