Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

BArra wrote: »
    Founders edition are hens teeth so unless you run a bot/distill/f5 all day then it seems fairly unobtainable, nvidias new stance on using bestbuy to sell them to USA market with Europe getting shafted is another kick in the nuts (we have no idea when they will start selling them again on their own website)

I am contemplating going for an evga card and doing their step up program as currently am gpuless with an AMD cpu meaning i cannot use pc

albeit.. I want the 3080 fe but it just seems it will be well into 2021 when they may become more readily available

I'm also GPUless, with a new build just waiting for the 3080. I'm thinking of going the EVGA step up route as well as the older cards seem to be getting difficult to find on amazon, and worried stock may become impossible to find soon. I've a 3080 pre-ordered with scan but don't want to be stuck without a gpu still come the end of November and into December.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Founders edition are hens teeth so unless you run a bot/distill/f5 all day then it seems fairly unobtainable, nvidias new stance on using bestbuy to sell them to USA market with Europe getting shafted is another kick in the nuts (we have no idea when they will start selling them again on their own website)

I am contemplating going for an evga card and doing their step up program as currently am gpuless with an AMD cpu meaning i cannot use pc

albeit.. I want the 3080 fe but it just seems it will be well into 2021 when they may become more readily available

I've been running bots on 2 computers and distill on both as well as F5ing since release, however in the EU it's still unobtainable. I got close once, but took about 2 seconds more than the 25 seconds my bot had tracked that they were actually available.

It looks like nVidia have accepted defeat to the bots. One of the, so called, leaders in AI has been defeated by sneaker scalpers on their own store. nVidia also started using the term , the Limited Founders Edition card, which tells me that they're about to start discontinuing it. Which can, in the end, only drive rices up for scalpers as this is the exact type of thing that they buy this or...limited runs in extremely high demand.

So, after all of my disbelief in the rumours about paper launches and aiding the scalpers, it seems like this is probably the case.

One of my reasons for the FE was my small case and the water cooling I have in it. I have a Phanteks Eclipse P400 and with the 260mm rad at the front, case modded to push the fans to an outer mounting and the res just inside of the rad, there isn't much space for a long GPU. The FE would have left me probably about 20 mm or so clearance to the res, but now, I'm a bit confused as to which one to go for and where to get it.

Also, this is the first build I've done since a 486 back in the day and my current laptop, with it's GTX 860M is dying fairly fast at this stage....so I'm trying to stretch it out as long as possible until I can get 3080 as I've everything else already ready and installed.....bit of a pain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

evga 3080 xc3 is slim enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,629 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

The EVGA XC3 cards are the same length as the FE, and are 2.2 slots, so not much thicker than the FE either.

ASUS TUF is 300mm in length so an extra 15mm but 2.5 slot. Rest of the AIBs are 2.75 slots, Palit Gaming Pro is the shortest of the rest at 294mm but 2.7 slot (apart from the triple slot innochill one that's only dual fan but not convinced that'll be great in terms of cooling).

I think I'm going to admit defeat at this point personally to be honest and stop looking so hard for a 3080. See what AMD drops in November, if the FEs are sold again and not in the space of 30 seconds or at 5am or if somehow AIBs get a flood of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I'll keep an eye on things but I've resigned myself to 1070 gaming until Jan/Feb.

All that's annoying me is that I feel the prices will go up between now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

TBH my only reason for wanting one early was the sooner you have it the more bang for your buck you get, getting it in February makes the tech already 6 months into it's run .

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

PNY RTX 3070 up for pre-order on Amazon. Priced high at £560 but you'd imagine that's a placeholder price?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thorzone/mjolnir-the-minimalistic-but-not-boring-pc-case?ref=project_link

Edit:

This is also after popping up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HR6ZBYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_fuZGFb8YX160W

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

TitianGerm wrote: »
    PNY RTX 3070 up for pre-order on Amazon. Priced high at £560 but you'd imagine that's a placeholder price?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thorzone/mjolnir-the-minimalistic-but-not-boring-pc-case?ref=project_link

Edit:

This is also after popping up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08HR6ZBYJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fab_fuZGFb8YX160W

might be sign amazon will be selling founders editions?

is the 3080 fe hidden somewhere also on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

might be sign amazon will be selling founders editions?

is the 3080 fe hidden somewhere also on there?

Can't find a 3080FE but if there's a 3090 listing you'll imagine one can't be to far behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭GHOST MGG

heffo9 wrote: »
    1700 euros..you have to be out of your mind to pay that..and the listing says from nov 9 but when i checked out with it it says delivery 10th december

GHOST MGG wrote: »
    1700 euros..you have to be out of your mind to pay that..and the listing says from nov 9 but when i checked out with it it says delivery 10th december

Msrp on them is £1530 anyways, FE is £1400. They're expensive cards regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

Agreed it is fierce expensive, considering the bang for the buck, the sweet spot is the RTX 3080 at the moment.

Alternate.de seem to be getting in stock, about €100 over msrp at least, but if someone's desperate I guess....

https://www.alternate.de/INNO3D/GeForce-RTX-3080-iChill-X3-Grafikkarte/html/product/1673136?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Alternate.de seem to be getting in stock, about €100 over msrp at least, but if someone's desperate I guess....

https://www.alternate.de/INNO3D/GeForce-RTX-3080-iChill-X3-Grafikkarte/html/product/1673136?

It says Delivery Date unknown on them, what do you reckon?

errlloyd wrote: »
    It says Delivery Date unknown on them, what do you reckon?

Was originally showing delivery for end of this week for me but could be a case that they've ran out of stock again.

For that price I probably wouldn't bother if you're going to be on back order

• Registered Users Posts: 82,141 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

crosspost from big navi discussion: RTX 3080 can't run CIRC Mode on Crysis at 4K smoothly

This is a preview build of the game so maybe some driver optimizations are possible, but probably not that will make up for another 30-40 frames per second.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

says more about the game than the card imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Anyone knows how this RTX 30-series bundle is supposed to work?
    I thought I'd get Watch Dogs Legion with the card, but I no longer see any mention of the bundle on the Scan site.
    Is the code inside the package? I haven't received the card yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

The code comes from the retailer, usually after payment has been processed. It's not bundled physically.

They may have run out of keys or the promotion ended.

• Advertisement

Homelander wrote: »
    The code comes from the retailer, usually after payment has been processed. It's not bundled physically.

They may have run out of keys or the promotion ended.

They are listed on the packing slip, which I received when they shipped it.
    1x MSI RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G
    1x NVIDIA Watchdogs Legion 3090
    1x NVIDIA 1 year GeForce NOW 3090

Maybe the code is inside the parcel, with the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭Homelander

Ah in that case you should be grand. No, again, usually they are sent out via the retailer by digital code upon completion of sale.

Maybe Scan have printed out codes and included them with the order, possibly. I just know from all the cards I've bought, be it Amazon, OCUK, or whoever, the code arrives in a seperate email after payment has been processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

JoyPad wrote: »
    They are listed on the packing slip, which I received when they shipped it.
    1x MSI RTX 3090 GAMING X TRIO 24G
    1x NVIDIA Watchdogs Legion 3090
    1x NVIDIA 1 year GeForce NOW 3090

Maybe the code is inside the parcel, with the card?

They normally email it to you. Check your junk and double check any emails from scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

So in the latest hardware unboxed vid they say they have a 3070 on hand and to expect similar results to the 2080ti around the 12 min mark. On phone so best I can do is link it.

https://youtu.be/mrzqoeQVg4k

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    They normally email it to you. Check your junk and double check any emails from scan?

I was able to chat to Scan support today, and the rep gave me the codes for both WDL and GeForce NOW over the chat.
    Cannot redeem until the GPU is installed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

My 3090 has arrived. And now I get to spend hours just looking at it waiting for the working day to end.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Spear wrote: »
    My 3090 has arrived. And now I get to spend hours just looking at it waiting for the working day to end.

You got that fairly quick all the same....ordered it on the 8th did you not?

Best of luck & stick up a few pics when its up and running.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You got that fairly quick all the same....ordered it on the 8th did you not?

Best of luck & stick up a few pics when its up and running.

Yeah, they shipped the next morning, and it arrived today. This unsurprising show of efficiency was from a German retailer.

Advertisement