Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Overclockers seems to be going OK now. Got an ASUS TUF 3080 for £660.

I think.

It's very slow for me. By the time I logged in and changed the shipping address, the price rose above 700 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Longing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,367 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah I got into the basket at OCUK with the TUF but by then I had gotten the Zotac from Amazon DE posted above.

Just gonna see how that goes, like I already have a 2070 Super so I'm not exactly desperate, definitely more of a want than a need.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

The good thing about the Amazon order is they will dispatch on the 18th. Many of the OCUK pre-orders aren't expected dispatch until well into October.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Armitage1k

I also ordered the ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Trinity from Amazon.de. Was EUR 729,13 including VAT and delivery to Ireland. The .de site did not recognize my Prime member status for some reason. estimated delivery is 24 - 26 of September, fingers crossed :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Unsurprising news, nVidia have stopped developing SLI profiles:

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5082

The only SLI usage in future is the native Vulkan and DX12 supported one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    What are Zotac like for rmas and customer service?

I'm no help for the RMA question but I've had a Zotac 1070 for 4 years now and it hasn't put a foot wrong. It gets run pretty hard too because I've a 144Hz monitor and play a lot of PUBG (the must UN-optimised game in the world).

VERY tempted by that amazon link!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Just beat me :)

pero, espanyol is mas mejor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Looks like both scan and overclockers have now bumped up their prices by about £50.

Was there any sign of any on amazon.co.uk bar the few evga ones that were up for £1500?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Placed an order for the zotac. Looks good. Hard to believe afterall that this morning it was easy to order from amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

The Zotac seems a sensible choice. The premium on the other AIB cards is unreal. On top of that, there seems to be some extra Brexit markup on all the UK vendors.

Looks a long device at almost 32cm. I think it'll squeeze into my lian li lancool 2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Payment callback, made me login. This is hilarious.

Yeah I have to remove a fan in my Meshify C for it to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Darwin

@Dohnjoe Same boat here, running 8700K but at 4.8Ghz with a bump on the vcore. I wouldn't risk 650W, that is quite a tight margin. I'm currently running a 2080ti and the 3080 pulls about another 50W or so. My PSU is a 750W seasonic so it should be ok.

Darwin wrote: »
    @Dohnjoe Same boat here, running 8700K but at 4.8Ghz with a bump on the vcore. I wouldn't risk 650W, that is quite a tight margin. I'm currently running a 2080ti and the 3080 pulls about another 50W or so. My PSU is a 750W seasonic so it should be ok.
    I'm using a 650 corsair 80+ gold. I think it'll be fine. My total draw without overclocking will be about 550ish

• Advertisement

Giblet wrote: »
    Yeah I have to remove a fan in my Meshify C for it to fit.
    Did you get an anti sag bracket for it too? I'm coming form a 1650 super oc (tiny).

cookie1977 wrote: »
    I'm using a 650 corsair 80+ gold. I think it'll be fine. My total draw without overclocking will be about 550ish

If you have a 550w draw (Which is huge btw), remember your 650 is rated at 80% efficiency.

If you have a 550w draw (Which is huge btw), remember your 650 is rated at 80% efficiency.
    The 550 is at max output though. I wont be running it like that on a 1080p setup.

which just means it would draw more than 650w from the wall to deliver 650w to the board/components, not that it only delivers 80% of 650w.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,799 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Darwin wrote: »

Ta. Getting alzheimers here, I just had a quick look at the original box, it's a Corsair 750w I have (not an EVGA 650w, dunno why I thought that) so I've pre-ordered that Zotac from Amazon DE (had a bit of a voucher there so that really sealed the deal)

The pre-order page is still open, am suspecting it made be a mistake and they'll have to cancel most or leave it open-ended, but will live in hope

which just means it would draw more than 650w from the wall to deliver 650w to the board/components, not that it only delivers 80% of 650w.

Yeah I'm stupid like that :D

I have a 600w EVGA on a Ryzen 3600 and tbh I'm not worried about it at all.

I'll be upgrading in a few weeks when th new Ryzen chips are released anyway, but this will run it fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Basic rundown by AdoredTv of the different graphics architecture in Nvidia's graphics cards for the past few years till now.

Got confirmation :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

https://youtu.be/SNMVikiHCXg

I'm on mobile. But this gives a really nice overview of CPU performance from first gen Ryzen 1300x and up. Really nice to see someone do that. The 1700x seems to perform really well at 1440p which makes me consider my 1600 to be a pretty good match for the 3070 when it comes out.

Advertisement