Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Weird, I still get the Buy Now button when I first go to this page: https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/shop/geforce
    but when I click Buy Now it just pops up with an empty window. If I refresh the page it goes back to showing out of stock.

I've cleared cache and tried this on another browser. Anyway, looks like Nvidia just wasted a lot of people's time today.

I was initially holding out for a 3080 Super/ti so I'm kicking myself for getting caught up in the hype and wasting time with it today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

That amazon.de zotac page is still up. I've a feeling there's going to be lots of cancellations tonight/tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

cookie1977 wrote: »
    That amazon.de zotac page is still up. I've a feeling there's going to be lots of cancellations tonight/tomorrow.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

The Asus TUF seems to do well on thermals which is a little surprising given its £649 most places.

The overclocking headroom doesn't seem to be big on the 3080,seeing reviewers say even small overclocks causing instability. Wonder will a new driver help

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

EoinHef wrote: »
    The Asus TUF seems to do well on thermals which is a little surprising given its £649 most places.

The overclocking headroom doesn't seem to be big on the 3080,seeing reviewers say even small overclocks causing instability. Wonder will a new driver help

I think its power limited according to what ive read. Later AIB boards (3x8 pin connectors) are expected to overclock far better. but expect power draw to be 400+ for the privilege.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Yeah that Asus was pulling 375w load with it's boost clock. Impressive thermals considering that.

That's the max of 2 x 8 pin and board power and why the 3090 has a new connector.

Meanwhile my 175w 5700 has worse thermals despite a bulky cooler.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I grabbed one of the Zotac Trinity cards from Amazon.de so thanks for the link. I plan on getting an EK water block and it's been confirmed as compatible on their website so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

sink wrote: »
    I grabbed one of the Zotac Trinity cards from Amazon.de so thanks for the link. I plan on getting an EK water block and it's been confirmed as compatible on their website so happy days.

Seems kind wasteful when it has 0 overclocking headroom and the air coolers keep them pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Armitage1k

Guys, as I bought the Zotac card from Amazon.de, I was wondering, why is there no sign of any RTX 3080 cards on Amazon.co.uk? so weird, maybe to do with Brexit? Another thing, why are so many of you so worried about overclocking the card? Is this thing still not fast enough for you? Just saying :)

BloodBath wrote: »
    Seems kind wasteful when it has 0 overclocking headroom and the air coolers keep them pretty cool.

I already have a custom loop. My goal is complete silence rather than high overclocks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

If anyone is stuck for a zero day purchase and the Zotac from Amazon is too long there is a site called Caseking.de that have a range of cards for pre-order, its legit, but I have no experience with them at all

The cheapest card they have listed is Gigabytes Eagle OC @ €729.13
    https://www.caseking.de/pc-komponenten/grafikkarten/nvidia/geforce-rtx-3080

Sucks that hardwareversand.de went under, that's where I got my current EVGA 980 Superclocked cheaper than anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

BloodBath wrote: »

Yeah, Zotac is the wrong board for overclocking. Max power limit is only +5% (336W).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/30.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Armitage1k wrote: »
    Guys, as I bought the Zotac card from Amazon.de, I was wondering, why is there no sign of any RTX 3080 cards on Amazon.co.uk? so weird, maybe to do with Brexit? Another thing, why are so many of you so worried about overclocking the card? Is this thing still not fast enough for you? Just saying :)

There's very, very few cards available right now. That Zotac stock is very likely an error (I have it pre-ordered too)

Stock is extremely low, demand is insanely high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Luck100 wrote: »
    Yeah, Zotac is the wrong board for overclocking. Max power limit is only +5% (336W).

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/zotac-geforce-rtx-3080-trinity/30.html

If you want overclocking Zotac cards then wait for the AMP and AMP Extreme.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/geforce-graphics-cards/5/398186/rtx-3080-nvidia-store-availability/

Suroosh @ NVIDIA wrote
    This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.
    To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.
    Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.
    We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.

Nothing to do with errors,they had so little stock it lasted like 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There's a Asus Tuf 3080 up on Amazon.de for €15000 with a release date tomorrow. It's obviously a placeholder price until then so might be worth placing an order if you're still looking for one.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There's a Asus Tuf 3080 up on Amazon.de for €15000 with a release date tomorrow. It's obviously a placeholder price until then so might be worth placing an order if you're still looking for one.

Did you get one man? The Asus is fairly tempting. Considering just ordering it somewhere and it will get to me when it gets to me.

I've had a look at a few reviews today and it consistently has low temps even if the overclocking looks a little dodgy

EoinHef wrote: »
    Did you get one man? The Asus is fairly tempting. Considering just ordering it somewhere and it will get to me when it gets to me.

I've had a look at a few reviews today and it consistently has low temps even if the overclocking looks a little dodgy

I put an order in for both the Zotac and the Asus Tuf. Hopefully I get one of them.

Hardware unboxed have a review of the Tuf up but I haven't watched it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Says for me it won't deliver to either my home address or parcel motel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

WTF is wrong with people

2y5oc4qrrpn51.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Strange, the Asus TUF on amazon.de is saying not available to my location? Might just go ahead and try the Zotac.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

The way things are going I'm honestly seeing people browsing that and wondering to themselves if they can justify €15k for a GPU :pac:
    kingtiger wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with people

I really hope those are trolls/fake bidders. Is wealth distribution really that unequal? Christ :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Those ebay prices are mad - especially when you consider the 3090 is only a few days away

Mucashinto wrote: »
    The way things are going I'm honestly seeing people browsing that and wondering to themselves if they can justify €15k for a GPU :pac:

They didn't take the money... As if I had €15k :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,783 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

kingtiger wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with people

2y5oc4qrrpn51.png

Apparently people are putting on fake bids just to piss off the scalpers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Dohnjoe wrote: »

ah right, fair play to them

Dohnjoe wrote: »

XD yea i seen at least one on ebay over here jump from £850 to 3000! clearly people taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

The dispatch/cancelation notifications tomorrow will be interesting, hopefully we all got in early enough to avoid disappointment.

• Advertisement

The dispatch/cancelation notifications tomorrow will be interesting, hopefully we all got in early enough to avoid disappointment.

im really not holding my breath on my order... got one through on OC... preorder on MSI gaming trio due in stock tomorrow.... site has crashed like 10 seconds after the order went through and it hasnt come back up since. no confirmation email or anything but they took payment!

Advertisement