Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Not in a hurry myself to get one , I will at some stage but there is no game out there that my 1080ti can't deal with at high frames @1440p.
    Maybe flight sim 2020 but I still get 50 + FPS ultra/high settings.

For 4k gaming hell yeah I can see the rush because up to now high refresh rate @4k just wasn't there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 InDarkWoods

Disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Longing wrote: »
    TUF 3080 15c cooler than the FE. Huge difference.

Crazy, i didn't think you could cool such a high powered card so well with air.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

From PC gamer
    Update - 06:17am PT: It appears as though Nvidia's RTX 3080 launch has taken down the servers of both Overclockers, Novatech, and Newegg. We'll keep monitoring these websites for any further updates, as Nvidia's website suggests availability is live.

Don't lose hope just yet, however. Orders are yet to go live on Nvidia.com, according to eagle-eyed Twitter users keeping track, and this appears to be across Nvidia's global webstores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

Managed to get(preorder) the MSI Gaming Trio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Lol, why would anyone pay that? Like, you might as well pick up a 2nd hand 2080Ti for €500-600 then pay €1200 for a 3080. Don't quite get the mindset of these freaks on adverts.

Reminds me, there is a lad on Adverts has had the same 10 adverts for about literally 10 years with tiny incremental reductions over the years but still hilariously over-priced to the point I think it's some sort of condition.

Including an ancient Core2Duo based desktop worth about €20 for €300, I swear I have seen it about 10 years ago for €500 when Adverts was first set up. And 2 ancient 1080P monitors worth about €40 each for €400, some old tattered case that was decent in 2005 for €200, etc....and refuses to take offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭eigenboggle

I just started from scratch on scan and managed to add one to my cart and completed check out with no issues. Doesn't say an expected delivery date though. I also went to start from scratch on nvidia website as "buy now" briefly reappeared on the nvidia shop page, but no joy there still.

But worth trying scan if you are still looking!

Edit: actually in the email it says estimated delivery is Monday 21st September!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,623 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Apparently Nvidia didn't even bother to put a captcha on the cart, so bots just ran riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I've a transaction on my credit card from AWD pending but no confirmation - guessing no joy there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If you have a transaction, it's a good sign.

Still on last page of payment confirmation. Prob be logged out again due to timeouts though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ocuk have a good few still for preorder

Got payment notice from Amazon. Not sure if they will process the order though...
    Let's hope they implement stock correctly on OC.UK

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Had a card on scan in the basket at 649, with all the messing when the payment went through they wanted 709, which was declined by revolut. scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,915 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Giblet wrote: »
    Got payment notice from Amazon. Not sure if they will process the order though...
    Let's hope they implement stock correctly on OC.UK

I didn't see any appear on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I got one on scan. It was 650 when I added it to the basket (EVGA model) but went up to 720 during my checkout. Not sure how I feel about that.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I didn't see any appear on Amazon.

Sorry I mean I used Amazon Pay on Overclockers. Sorry for the confusion!!

I got one on scan. It was 650 when I added it to the basket (EVGA model) but went up to 720 during my checkout. Not sure how I feel about that.

Looked like I could get the Zotac as well but went so I cancelled.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

There is a Zotac Trinity available for pre order on amazon.de

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/ZT-A30800D-10P/dp/B08HR1NPPQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=geforce+rtx+3080&qid=1600351245&sr=8-1

Note this card is 317mm long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Homelander

Cheers man. The Trinity was on my consideration list, just went ahead and ordered that one. Have to wait and see now what stock is like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Advertisement

Lol only got the available now email from Nvidia now. Sound nvidia!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Mucashinto

£200 (c.30%) price difference between evgas XC and FTW models on Overclockers :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

slade_x wrote: »

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/ZT-A30800D-10P/dp/B08HR1NPPQ/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=geforce+rtx+3080&qid=1600351245&sr=8-1

Thank you very very much! :)

slade_x wrote: »

That was my second choice so stuck an order in there. Thanks for that.

2nd choice also and stuck an order in there.

What are Zotac like for rmas and customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

739 including postage and adjustment for VAT from amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Overclockers seems to be going OK now. Got an ASUS TUF 3080 for £660.

I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

in fairness at that price its cheaper than the FE model from nvidia.

I have to say some of the AIBs are looking for stupid money over the FE edition i can understand it to some degree but like when its 200 + sterling over the 649 price i cant see the point in them may try for that zotac to be honest as it doesnt look half bad

• Advertisement

technically this is my kids GPU and I am making sure it works before Xmas and I getting a 3090 :D

Advertisement