Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia RTX Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭MidlanderMan

tazzzZ wrote: »
    im really not holding my breath on my order... got one through on OC... preorder on MSI gaming trio due in stock tomorrow.... site has crashed like 10 seconds after the order went through and it hasnt come back up since. no confirmation email or anything but they took payment!

I got one of the zotac ones from Amazon.de, but I'm also fairly sure it'll be a refund notification for me tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I couldn't get the Pay button to activate on Overclockers. Kept timing out\crashing. Eventually after about 2 hours, I noticed that the price had increased by about £50 even though it was still in my basket.
    So I gave up and put a preorder on the Zotac on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

I'm not a fan at all of OCUK, they take your money straight away unlike amazon who charge on dispatch. Not impressed either with their pricing antics today, with several price rises on some 3080s before the products even went live. They then try to justify the price increases on sterling weakness.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

Darwin wrote: »
    I'm not a fan at all of OCUK, they take your money straight away unlike amazon who charge on dispatch. Not impressed either with their pricing antics today, with several price rises on some 3080s before the products even went live. They then try to justify the price increases on sterling weakness.

I would have to agree. I literally havent used them in about 10 years to be honest but just managed to get the order through on this one. i was kinda thinking to myself if i dont get notice of an allocation by next wk ill look for a refund....

Its the Founders Edition i really want tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, disappointed with OCUK jacking up the prices throughout the day.

I had a TUF in the basket at one point and it jumped up by £50 in between adding it to cart and trying to get to checkout.

Just left it, if the Amazon one gets cancelled, I'll just wait it out until more stock is available and I find a reasonable price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

tazzzZ wrote: »
    I would have to agree. I literally havent used them in about 10 years to be honest but just managed to get the order through on this one. i was kinda thinking to myself if i dont get notice of an allocation by next wk ill look for a refund....

Its the Founders Edition i really want tbh!
    The pre charge by amazon.de has disappeared from my AIB cc so I suspect that's the beginning of the cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Bungusbeefcake

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. Was poised, ready for the FE purchase, had 2 computers on ethernet direct to the router, running a 150mb connection. Signed into the Nvidia store 5 mins beforehand to ensure I was already logged in and it had my current credit card details.... 1:55, refreshing starts....2:00 hits, still no change from notify me... It lays on the refresh a couple of times on both PCs every now and again, I've now also got the site on my phone refreshing all of them in sequence, then...out of stock after 3.5-4 mins.... No way!! Looks like they had about 10 units for GB and Ireland, or at least that's what I'm guessing.

Anyone know if they even have any retailers that could possibly sell them?? I know some retailers sell cards like custompc and Currys but they're still seeking 2080's for 900+

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Heh, the OcUK forums are closed due to "Overloaded Demand". I wonder if the locals are restless?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

Darwin wrote: »

amazon charge straight away now, policy changed on that few months or so ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I avoid OCUK if possible aswell,people slobber all over them on their forum but I find they can be a tad shady. There always at that price edging.

Like newsletter is supposed to have discounts but when ye check its like 1%,they just discounted it 1% so they could advertise it in the bloody newsletter:pac:

Nearly all these companies try refer you to the manufacturer for warranty/repair regardless of you rights so might as well buy where is cheapest,i usually find OCUK are not the cheapest either.

I was kinda prepared for this,im not gonna get panicked into paying over the odds or settling for a card simply because its in stock.

In reality when things settle down and stock normalises,maybe even AMD get to market its going to be a good time to buy a GPU. There will be plenty of options,im determined to not feel like a schmuck for over paying/settling now.

The only card tempting me atm is the Asus TUF,£650 with a good cooler with the only drawback I see being it wont overclock for s**t. I could live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The 3 camels says it went to £647.90 @ 1:37am last night :rolleyes:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/product/B08HN37VQK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I just managed to preorder an EVGA 3080 on overclockers. CC was charged. I've cancelled the amazon.de.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

It looks like a great card, but who the fook certifies it 'Military Grade'?

Still jacking up the prices as we speak. Kinda turned me off OCUK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

It looks like a great card, but who the fook certifies it 'Military Grade'?

If it's not Space Force certified, not good enough for me!
    j/k but made me think of a particularly orange president.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Homelander wrote: »
    Still jacking up the prices as we speak. Kinda turned me off OCUK.

I wanted the Inno3d 3080 either the iChillx3 or iChillx4 the x4, they have gone up £50 and £70 respectively. They can **** right off. Delighted I ordered zero components off them for my new build and I will be hard pushed to use them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

https://twitter.com/newegg/status/1306690448891604992?s=21

Newegg said they got more traffic than they did on the morning of black friday. Mental stuff.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Amazon.de's 3080 Page is still up with all the available cards they will stock further down. All Currently unavailable status

https://www.amazon.de/stores/page/ABFAA5F4-A336-4CA8-94FF-F06D7F0BF3E2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Really is incredible.....

Guess the leaked statement that stock is limited really got the fire stoked with peeps (Intentional on nVidias part?). Sony doing the same had the same effect on PS5 orders last night on Smyths Website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Looks like CCL had a bad case of the sell what we don't have.yook money for hundreds of not thousands of orders for stock they didn't have. All while showing it as in stock..

I'd say the amazon.de one will be cancelled or at least changed to much later delivery. Gave it a shot earlier today. We will see what happens.

I have an order placed since like 2 am last night for an Asus TUF on amazon.co.uk. Even got staff discount, so that would be great if they get stock soon and it ships.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thor wrote: »
    I have an order placed since like 2 am last night for an Asus TUF on amazon.co.uk. Even got staff discount, so that would be great if they get stock soon and it ships.

Ah cheers for the link that that one. Really good of you to share with thale rest of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Ah cheers for the link that that one. Really good of you to share with thale rest of us :pac:

Should have bro, but went unavailable right after wards. Chances are it's not shipping anytime soon..

Seriously I am starting to even question my pre-order.

What do I play. Mostly Overwatch. Some Apex. Paladins.

Like I am playing Paladins right now and at 1080p ultra with 200% resolution scale @175fps my 2070 super is at 30%.

I get these notions like "Oh I can hook my PC up to my TV and play games in 4K" but I can't even remember the last time I even played a single player game

Trying to juggle "you are flushing money down the toilet" with "cool new stuff"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Every. God. Dam. Time.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Like I am playing Paladins right now and at 1080p ultra with 200% resolution scale @175fps my 2070 super is at 30%.

I get these notions like "Oh I can hook my PC up to my TV and play games in 4K" but I can't even remember the last time I even played a single player game

I actually feel for the gamer with more money than solid sense right now. I know if I had the funds I'd probably be scurrying to pre-order too, but if I ask my self questions like this - 'what do I play?' or 'what do I 'need' more power for?' or 'why am I watching Steve/Jay/Kyle [or God forbid] Linus??' - the answer is G.A.S. Plain simple. If I just ignore [which I intend to for a while now] all this hype, and it is just that, and get back to my cranky old 2600x and 1660 standard, and continue playing like I do at 1080p ... then I'm good! why do I even watch? ....

sorry none of that was actually helpful, it was like a live rant from someone with less money than skillz

The stupidest thing is that my 2nd PC is a 2700X/1660 Super, which is still more than enough to run the games I play at ultra >100fps.

• Advertisement

I'm mostly in the same boat, but I also have a 1440p 144hz monitor which I'd like to actually put to use isntead of just playing CSGO at 1280*960 stretched :pac:

Advertisement