Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Chitchat 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭straight

visatorro wrote: »
    Can you explain that for me please?

Renewable energy feed in tarriff. Basically you cannot sell any excess electricity generated back into the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Progress report

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Progress report

I like the grooving. And the end cubicle, could have saved me a long wait to get my job finished:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Progress report

Only a small bit jealous.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Progress report

Shiney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭blackdog1

straight wrote: »
    Renewable energy feed in tarriff. Basically you cannot sell any excess electricity generated back into the grid.

The proper term is micro generation and there hopefully will be a scheme coming out in the near future but they're are alot of limits on it. 6kw max single phase 11kw three phase etc. Batteries are too expensive atm so unless this scheme comes out uptake on solar will be poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Anyone have an idea on a price of Fr heifers around 300kg, all AI stock with generations, good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

Water John wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea on a price of Fr heifers around 300kg, all AI stock with generations, good quality.

€650

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

Water John wrote: »

They are stronger than most at this stage..€750

950 1st May and 1350 end of August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Anyone ever use a bull sew seems to be an shed load of heifers for sale sired by him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭jaymla627

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Anyone ever use a bull sew seems to be an shed load of heifers for sale sired by him?

Their been sold for a reason, glorified goats would best describe his daughters, he was the hotshot genomic bull back in the day and his proof crashed when his daughters proofs came through

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Their been sold for a reason, glorified goats would best describe his daughters, he was the hotshot genomic bull back in the day and his proof crashed when his daughters proofs came through

Sort of thought that alright was 232 in 2015 and 165 now 🀪 . Have not a huge amount of confidence in some of the Irish bulls . One of the short gestation LIC bulls which I wouldn't put up there as being that good is showing an ebi of 230 due to short calving intervile

Anything one particularly thing bad about them or just everything?

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Anything one particularly thing bad about them or just everything?

Milk pta went from 174 to -206 in first run of daughter proofs was what crashed his ebi

Sort of thought that alright was 232 in 2015 and 165 now �� . Have not a huge amount of confidence in some of the Irish bulls . One of the short gestation LIC bulls which I wouldn't put up there as being that good is showing an ebi of 230 due to short calving intervile

Haven't used a Irish ai bull here in 6 odd years, Americans seem to have their genomics and what comes through when daughters hit the tank been pretty much what was promised in genomic proof, the ebi system is like buying raffle tickets in comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 11,077 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Duds no milk

Haven't used a Irish ai bull here in 6 odd years, Americans seem to have their genomics and what comes through when daughters hit the tank been pretty much what was promised in genomic proof, the ebi system is like buying raffle tickets in comparison

Where du mainly buy your straws?

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Where du mainly buy your straws?

Progressive genetics who are agents for semex and world wide sires

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

That's not good news as he's the sire of quiet a few bulls on the current active list..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

alps wrote: »
    That's not good news as he's the sire of quiet a few bulls on the current active list..

Is he really that bad? He was bred by a lad in my discussion group....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Do u use mating service by WWS...?

Is he really that bad? He was bred by a lad in my discussion group....

Look up his figures on icbf. He flopped in late 2017. Milk solids decimated

Do u use mating service by WWS...?

No would be using 80% plus semex bulls, mainly their immunity plus bulls, have no real problems with type our coat hanger cows as I'm finding the high health bulls are breeding lovely mid-sized cows that have lovely type, main issue with wws bulls is their sire stacks have a huge Oman/shottle/mogul influence and this leaves bulls with poor enough solids/health traits, but they do have a few good outcrosses

Had a cow stuck in the front of one of those Dutch comfort cubicles this morning . Only finished milking now. I cut the cubicle with a hacksaw. She's out and standing. I hate those cubicles

Had a cow stuck in the front of one of those Dutch comfort cubicles this morning . Only finished milking now. I cut the cubicle with a hacksaw. She's out and standing. I hate those cubicles

Careful now. That could be seen as being racist. The dutch are a fine bunch of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

I’d highly recommend a battery grinder it’s a gift in situations like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭stretch film

alps wrote: »

Therein lies the problem with genomics v's the steady as you go daughter proven route

They're the mushroom type cubicles aren't they. I have one phase of them here and they are dangerous alright. Cows go through them and cant stand up. Especially heifers. All the rest of mine are super loop and they're fine.

• Advertisement

These type

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement