Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dairy Chitchat 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

We've had a bit of bother with our water pump for the last week. It would cut out and not come back on for some reason but pressing the reset button would sort it for a few days, then every day and then it gave out altogether on Friday evening so I switched over to mains and gave Newcastle West electrical a shout on Saturday morning and they said they would call out Monday if they were able.

Anyway, he arrived this morning and sorted out the switch causing the problem. Great service to come on Sunday when they wouldn't be able to call on Monday. Totally unexpected. They deserve a shout out, I think:)

Look...out of the Hurling, what else would they be at at this time of the year😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yewtree

trixi2011 wrote: »
    Know of heifers being leased out 10% of heifer value ussualy 1500. End of lease farmer need to return animal of similar ebi breed as initial animal . So pretty much much you lease of out a first lactation animal recieve 150 euros in lease fees per animal per year and when the lease finnished you receive an incalf heifer. World of warning need to have a independent middle man to keep things right and fair in these arrangements.

I have done it twice with a small number of heifers. That was prerty much the agreement we had. It worked grand both times. The two farmers were honest lads they didnt have capital to purchase more animal, both were expanding rapidly. In the second year we did it the farmer bought out the stock at the end of the lease.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Great to hear its been tried and tested, Yewtree. Has potential for both lads who have their cow numbers and lads starting or expanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭visatorro

Anyone sell culls lately?
    Straight out of parlour middle sized fr cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

visatorro wrote: »

Factory blockade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,196 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Normally move a few at this time of year for college fees and back to school. But they will stay put until the beef thing has sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The kids staying at home will be delighted.

Water John wrote: »
    The kids staying at home will be delighted.

Yup. They can work for me for free

Factory blockade

Sold as stores. Not going to cross a picket. Wrong thread but I will go to local factory when pickets start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Keepgrowing

Sold as stores. Not going to cross a picket. Wrong thread but I will go to local factory when pickets start again.

Tongue in cheek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭straight

The Total Pay of Glanbia CEO has increased by 222% since 2009 from €587,000 to €1,889,000! ����

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭einn32

See Fonterra are forecasting big losses. No dividend either.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Sacrolyte

einn32 wrote: »
    See Fonterra are forecasting big losses. No dividend either.

Huge write downs on international investments. China and South America in particular

straight wrote: »
    The Total Pay of Glanbia CEO has increased by 222% since 2009 from €587,000 to €1,889,000! ����

I wonder how does that compare to other ceo's. It's an insane amount of money. What would you do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

whelan2 wrote: »
    I wonder how does that compare to other ceo's. It's an insane amount of money. What would you do with it?

Milk a few cow's shir

I'd hire an assistant or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

A8 Audi, 2 weeks all inclusive to Seychelles. 600 quid bottle of wine for special occasion... Easy to just adjust lifestyle if monies not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

It brings a new definition to MILKING something

It's hard to challenge ceo's wages when you see what the ceo of a 'charity' gets in this country.

It's hard to challenge ceo's wages when you see what the ceo of a 'charity' gets in this country.

Charity is big business now. I often wonder could I register my farm as a charity. I must look up the qualifying criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

A8 Audi, 2 weeks all inclusive to Seychelles. 600 quid bottle of wine for special occasion... Easy to just adjust lifestyle if monies not an issue.

I'd still only have one tractor ;)

Reggie. wrote: »

For each day of the week ....

Mooooo wrote: »
    Milk a few cow's shir

Ye if milk price is going to fall better to have more cows to look after

• Registered Users Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Charity is big business now. I often wonder could I register my farm as a charity. I must look up the qualifying criteria.

If it's good enough for IKEA....

https://www.worldfinance.com/markets/does-ikea-truly-deserve-its-non-profit-status

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Which brand though?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Which brand though?

Ohhh

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

To keep up you would have one here and one at your holiday home.
    She wouldn't want you wasting a few days riding across the continent.

First they came for the tillage farmer, and I did not speak out—because I was not a tillage farmer.
    Then they came for the pig farmer, and I did not speak out— because I was not a pig farmer.
    Then they came for the Beef farmer, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Beef farmer.
    Then they came for the dairy farmer—and there was no one left to speak for me.

• Advertisement

35 euro for big square barley straw
    14 euro for rounds delivered. Alot cheaper than last year

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement