Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

markodaly wrote: »
    Your ones facebook page is just a car crash. Pictures of her drinking a case of beer and a naggin of vodka, comments about the Polish taking all the houses and getting all the handouts, and the staged photos of the kids in the Garda station to top it all off.

Handout Ireland in the 21st century.

Poles work their arses off, pay rent on time and don't trash the joints.

Would take them anyday over a non working Irish family on rent allowance.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

You called me names alright but you're not exactly an authority! I'll repeat, if you won't pay for it, you shouldn't get it.
    I work 2 jobs, a full time one and a side business I have. I pay for everything I get but I don't want to pay for people with no jobs.
    Have you taken this crowd into your home yet?

You can't pretend you didn't post it:
    I'm just stating now that I don't want my tax money going to this family as I think it's a con and a hoax.
    Can they not just be content with living in a caravan anymore? Why do they need a house at taxpayers money? This contributes to supply issues causing prices to be high and working people not being able to afford them.
    Millennial travelers are the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,249 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    That explains the fake tan stains on my side of the bed news :D

FYP ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Poles work their arses off, pay rent on time and don't trash the joints.

Would take them anyday over an non working Irish family on rent allowance.

Have said that all along in my town - salt of the earth lads and harder working that most of the native born people.

That explains the fake tan stains on my side of the bed:D

You might want to investigate the blonde hair as well!!! It wasn't her mate having a lie down!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Mother should have the children removed and charged with neglect

That’ll turn out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

She's only 28? Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    You called me names alright but you're not exactly an authority! I'll repeat, if you won't pay for it, you shouldn't get it.
    I work 2 jobs, a full time one and a side business I have. I pay for everything I get but I don't want to pay for people with no jobs.
    Have you taken this crowd into your home yet?

You can't pretend you didn't post it:
    I'm just stating now that I don't want my tax money going to this family as I think it's a con and a hoax.
    Can they not just be content with living in a caravan anymore? Why do they need a house at taxpayers money? This contributes to supply issues causing prices to be high and working people not being able to afford them.
    Millennial travelers are the worst.

You're calling me out on that? About should be content to live in a caravan?? That's your big exposé??

She's only 28? Jesus wept.

Oh yeah - time for three or four more "partners" and at least a hurling panel there.

It'll be like throwing a cocktail sausage down the subway by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Perhaps the media should be asking questions of why does she have 6 children at such a young age if she cant afford to look after them ? Also where is the father or should i say fathers ?

It annoys me how the idiots and liberals eat this **** up and attack the councils and government. Ireland is well a truly a welfare state.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah - time for three or four more "partners" and at least a hurling panel there.

Horrific post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,249 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

LLMMLL wrote: »

Horrific post.

I know what you mean.
    But just to reassure the decent people out there:

I'd say they'd probably be more likely to play soccer than darken the door of the local GAA club

And as an extra positive, they'd have a soccer team earlier as well

:pac:

I know what you mean.
    But just to reassure the decent people out there:

I'd say they'd probably be more likely to play soccer than darken the door of the local GAA club

:pac:

Cheers The Donald!!!

A lot of horrified people here today.
    I think I'll post a picture of my pay slip deductions, mortgage payments, house tax bill, and then you'll be truly horrified!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Not many countries around the world where you have a better chance of having a house if you have no job.

Well done Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,656 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I think I'll post a picture of my pay slip deductions, mortgage payments, house tax bill, and then you'll be truly horrified!!

People were horrified by Kony 2012. Remember that shít?

This is similar. Mock outrage but not reading further into the situation.

I'd need a stiff drink before I look at all the deductions from mine!

Ah but then being a higher rate taxpayer - having earned it - I'm the 1% and only the fact I live down the country and it's a bitch of a commute to Dublin keeps my gaff from being occupied by "activists".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Seems the truth is starting to appear.

She REFUSED emergency accommodation that was offered to her.

Utter publicity stunt and anyone who falls for this scam is a fool themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Don't ! you'll be up for manslaughter

You'll could be responsible for the death of hoards

all found dead clutching their new iphone and their heart

Just for balance, if a friend of mine was genuinely in hard times I'd take him and his family in for free to get them back on their feet, find a job or whatever.
    As soon as I got an inkling there was Mickey taking (actually mickey taking is all she seems to have done with her life) and he wasn't doing everything in his power to provide for his family and save up he'd be gone.
    People need to be responsible for themselves.
    Get a job for herself or something radical like that.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    People were horrified by Kony 2012. Remember that shít?

This is similar. Mock outrage but not reading further into the situation.

And that had the holy grail of the idiot classes - a hashtag!

No need to actually type your righteous indignation, just link to the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Handouts handouts handouts.

Expect a house, a car,while they can sit at home all day playing games and on facebook

I had a job since I was 11. I worked for £1.50 an hour in old money starting off that was back in mid to late 90s. Now I have a home, it's no mansion but I worked for it.

Now people expect us to pay for their lifestyle too. **** off

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Seems the truth is starting to appear.

She REFUSED emergency accommodation that was offered to her.

Utter publicity stunt and anyone who falls for this scam is a fool themselves

Be careful now, you will be asked for proof and possibly be exposed.
    I believe you though I don't need proof.

Handouts handouts handouts.

Expect a house, a car,while they can sit at home all day playing games and on facebook

I had a job since I was 11. I workee for £1.50 an hour in old money that was back in mid to late 90s. Now I have a home, it's no mansion but I worked for it.

Now people expect us to pay for their lifestyle too. **** off

When you read stories about households where no one has worked ever and is likely bringing their brood up the same way - and you realise they're taking home more than you are - after a 60 + hour week, it's soul destroying.

You're calling me out on that? About should be content to live in a caravan?? That's your big exposé??

You made an unsubstantiated posted and made disparaging remarks towards travellers.

When you read stories about households where no one has worked ever and is likely bringing their brood up the same way - and you realise they're taking home more than you are - after a 60 + hour week, it's soul destroying.

You have a soul?

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭heretothere

It's about half way down this article - https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/homeless-children-spend-night-on-chairs-in-tallaght-garda-station-1.3590748

""The Dublin Region Homeless Executive (DRHE) said an “unprecedented number of families” presented out of hours seeking emergency accommodation on Wednesday.

“We were notified by the Family Homeless Action Team that they were actively engaged with 10 families, who were unable to source their own accommodation,” a statement from DRHE said.

“Our central placement team were able to source emergency accommodation for five of the families, one family refused the offer of accommodation, two of the families were linked back in with their region (outside of Dublin) and two did not seek further assistance.”

The executive’s director Eileen Gleeson said told RTE’s News at One that on Wednesday night, 10 families sought emergency accommodation. Of that 10, five were placed in emergency accommodation, two returned to their original regio, which was outside Dublin, one refused the offer of emergency accommodation and two did not seek further assistance.

“I’m assuming they were one of the families that did not seek further assistance. If they had stayed in touch we could have helped.”

Ms Gleeson said the executive is working hard to facilitate every request for emergency accommodation.

“We have contingency plans, we have contingency beds for crisis situations. If people refuse it, that’s their choice, but there’s no good reason to refuse it,” she said.""

I honestly cannot understand how or why she would refuse emergency accommodation. I also cannot fathom why she has so many children if she can't support them! I can understand an accident or two maybe but seriously you think she's have figured it out after the 1st one.

To the person that said the government has failed her, no she has failed herself and sadly her children.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bring them down to a Garda station tonight and say you can't pay them.

Don't forget to take a photo...

It could be worse, you could be forced to sleep in a garda station or on the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I honestly cannot understand how or why she would refuse emergency accommodation. I also cannot fathom why she has so many children if she can't support them! I can understand an accident or two maybe but seriously you think she's have figured it out after the 1st one.

To the person that said the government has failed her, no she has failed herself and sadly her children.

A paycheque and a means of getting a free house.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement