Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Look like Cadets alright

And Picard looks very old alright.

But no beard....

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

He has a round rank pip, cadets used to have square ones.

This might be just because he's an extra but the uniform looks a little sloppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Inviere

Look like Cadets alright

And Picard looks very old alright.

But no beard....

Looks to me like he's an Ensign (full round pip) in a very crappy/ill fitting uniform it must be said. Not that the uniform design/styling would bother me at all, but the actual quality of the uniform would. This looks like something you'd order on Ebay for €30 and wear to a convention....

Doesnt fit well, I agree

They should just have gone full countdown uniforms if they were heading that way. It does look a bit cheap. But that only one shot of them.. Need to see more

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Anyone any idea what he is saying as I can't understand him?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

AMKC wrote: »

May I have your name please sir

AMKC wrote: »
    Ensign Goldshirt: "May I have your name please sir?"

Picard: Raises his eyebrows in a manner that says "Do they teach these young cadets anything these days? They better not have dropped Latin as an elective."

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Beautiful uniforms, very fitting of the period. Pure canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 buser2x

very much looking forward to this

vargoo wrote: »
    Pure canon.
    Pretty much everything they do will be pure canon as the only things we've seen from this period are possible futures that have already been changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Evade wrote: »
    He has a round rank pip, cadets used to have square ones.

This might be just because he's an extra but the uniform looks a little sloppy.

If they’re going with the Countdown uniforms, it may be the other way around now.

A (possibly over-generous) interpretation for the ill-fitting uniform: it might be a deliberate decision to make the cadets and junior officers look like kids in too-large clothes. Picard’s suit looks well tailored.

If they’re going with the Countdown uniforms, it may be the other way around now.
    And if they did that it would make him a first year which could explain him not knowing Picard.
    A (possibly over-generous) interpretation for the ill-fitting uniform: it might be a deliberate decision to make the cadets and junior officers look like kids in too-large clothes. Picard’s suit looks well tailored.
    More likely a last minute recasting and the costume didn't fit well at all.

More likely a last minute recasting and the costume didn't fit well at all.

More likely, yes. Though in the long shots, all the uniforms look kinda baggy. That maybe because they’re extras- hero uniforms may be better.

More likely, yes. Though in the long shots, all the uniforms look kinda baggy. That maybe because they’re extras- hero uniforms may be better.
    Hopefully.

Are there any rumours of a trailer date? The series is supposed to be out later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Hopefully.

Are there any rumours of a trailer date? The series is supposed to be out later this year.

Have not seen any yet but am sure it can't be far away now. Maybe a month or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Remember though that Discovery was delayed several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yep. Handbagging over that whole "what you can and can't do within your licence".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,585 ✭✭✭Inviere

I'd welcome a delay for Picard tbh, it feels very fast since the announcement to the screen this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

I wonder will he have his Irumodic Syndrome?..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I would expect to see clips at Comic-Con.

As for the uniform, I hate to say it but the quality looks like a fan production. The design of very nice but it looks like someone stitched it together in 30 mins. In fact when I saw the screen grab, I thought someone might be taking the p!ss.

My hope is that is just a quick piece shot for the preview.

• Advertisement

True- but they had a lot of change happening in the creative team from the start, it was the first Star Trek show on tv in over a decade and the production schedule was super aggressive. So far, Picard seems to be proceeding smoothly.

Pretty much everything they do will be pure canon as the only things we've seen from this period are possible futures that have already been changed.

Except what Discovery does to the 32nd century :D

All Eyes On Rafah

Except what Discovery does to the 32nd century :D
    But the Picard series is first so STD 3 will have to adhere to it.

There was some 29th century stuff in Voyager and Daniels from Enterprise that probably also count.

Anyone see the rumour that the first season is about the Vulcans leaving the Federation to form an alliance with some Romulan factions?

All Eyes On Rafah

Anyone see the rumour that the first season is about the Vulcans leaving the Federation to form an alliance with some Romulan factions?

I heard that plot line somewhere before... the cancelled animated series from some years back? Or STO maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,490 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

is this set before or after Romulus is destroyed? If after it sorta makes sense, the Rom are not going to become part of the Fed under any circumstance from their point of view so if Vulcan were serious about attempting re-unification they would have to leave to pursue it.

is this set before or after Romulus is destroyed? If after it sorta makes sense, the Rom are not going to become part of the Fed under any circumstance from their point of view so if Vulcan were serious about attempting re-unification they would have to leave to pursue it.
    About 11 years after. It could work but doesn't really fit with the casting list released a few months ago.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Inviere wrote: »
    I'd welcome a delay for Picard tbh, it feels very fast since the announcement to the screen this year.

TV can be a much faster beast to shoot than film, especially given there tends to be fewer sets, locations, smaller cast and production team, all shooting multiple episodes at a time. I can well believe the speed with which Picard is being made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

AAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

*wets self*

//edit – video seems to have become "unavailable". Was a short teaser trailer. Probably have to wait until Amazon release an international version or something :(

Advertisement