Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,356 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

GM228 wrote: »
    Usually lurk here rather than post, but (and I'm surprised no has suggested yet) it could be some sort of flashback where Picard is visiting some point in the past, especially with his bewildered frozen in time stance.

We have no idea what the setting, contect or time period for the shoot is, until we have a clearer picture it's hard to speculate on the old uniforms etc.

If so........i blame Q

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭Evade

In that picture the uniforms look almost identical to the ones seen when Wesley was at the Academy and it's a little hard to tell but they all look like they could be cadet aged or at least there's no noticeably older people in uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

4xJWYDQ.png

What is the woman in black?

All Eyes On Rafah

I'm assuming that's San Fransisco.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's San Fransisco.

Looks very similar to Starfleet academy HQ in the online game.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Think there is a Discovery era Klingon in that pic.

I see that. Probably just over to have a look or get an autograph off Patrick Stewart.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

AMKC wrote: »
    I see that. Probably just over to have a look or get an autograph off Patrick Stewart.

If it is a Klingon, it's without hair. Might mean the Empire has fallen apart again or taken over what's left of the Romulan Empire. (Like in All Good Things)

All Eyes On Rafah

Ms

I guess the Cardassians have not or did not join Starfleet then as there is none of them in the picture.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I guess the Cardassians have not or did not join Starfleet then as there is none of them in the picture.

Unless that's in the past and the Dominion has yet to come

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

There's no starships either :eek:

In the larger picture she seems to have a hood over her head, in the second its down, and she has tight black hair. That's what I see anyway.

She could be human. Or any human-looking species. We're looking for shapes in the clouds I think :D

She could be human. Or any human-looking species. We're looking for shapes in the clouds I think :D

Shapes in the clouds could be cloaked Romulan fleet

All Eyes On Rafah

I don't think we can say for sure from those pictures, there's no Andorians, Tellerites, Benzites, Boleans, or any other visually distinct race either.

Ms

Yes it could be maybe before the Dominion war.

There's no starships either :eek:

Hopefully there will be some nice starships at some stage.
    I don't think we can say for sure from those pictures, there's no Andorians, Tellerites, Benzites, Boleans, or any other visually distinct race either.

But there is a new Klingon. Good point about all the others do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

But there is a new Klingon. Good point about all the others do.
    There is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Looks like someone arrived for The Matrix convention a week late

There is?

If you squint and zoom in and out a bit and tilt it a bit sideways. It's definitely a Disco Klingon or the Widow from the 90's Scottish Widow TV ads.

If you squint and zoom in and out a bit and tilt it a bit sideways. It's definitely a Disco Klingon or the Widow from the 90's Scottish Widow TV ads.
    I see it now, it could also be a Reman.

There's a lot of science and ops uniforms in that picture.

Ms

There is?

I only noticed after someone else said it too.

I think if they did have Remans and Cardassians in the future Federation maybe even some Romulans's that would be a nice way to say things have moved on. It would not have to be a lot could be 1 or 2 or even 20.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

I think they might be Kurtmanns Star Trek Countdown uniforms

latest?cb=20090607200528&path-prefix=en

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

Ah jaysus no one cares

vargoo wrote: »
    Ah jaysus no one cares

I do.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,146 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

vargoo wrote: »
    Ah jaysus no one cares

Trek fans fretting over the smallest details? Perish the thought!

I think they might be Kurtmanns Star Trek Countdown uniforms

latest?cb=20090607200528&path-prefix=en

That's a very strong contender. The collar shape (though not the colours), sharp shoulders, the way the colour band extends down onto the upper arms, even the slightly baggy jumpsuit look to the material. It does look like the rank insignia may be on the lower left edge of the colour band in the one uniform we can see most clearly.

The uniform could well have changed since Countdown though- Picard is about 10 years later?

You've raised an interesting thought though - Kurtzman's involvement in Countdown may mean they'll treat it as canon. I don't think non-live action Trek has ever been canon previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Goodshape wrote: »
    Not a big fan of the title. A little too on-the-nose.

"Hey. HEY! EVERYBODY!! Remember Picard?! You know, Patrick Stewart! TNG! Picard! Remember? He's in this show. The one you remember. With that famous actor. PICARD! It's Star Trek... but, like, the one you remember. With PICARD! It's Star Trek: PICARD. Patrick Stewart is in it, btw."

PICARD

Haha, spot on. Cheapens it somehow too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,213 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I wonder did Patrick Stewart only agree to do this with the caveat that Picard will regularly get to "see everything".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭Rawr

Based on the earlier photos I feel these scenes are probably post TNG / Dominion War. It's a bit fuzzy, but in the first crowd photo I think I can see the "Future-style" Starfleet com-badge on the uniforms there.

• Advertisement

Advertisement