Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Not working!

Seems to have disappeared back off the net!

Set Sensors to Max! Find that trailer!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Weirdly, the fact it opens on a vineyard feels like a good sign. It never featured that much in TNG, but that it's there is reassuring.

OK, have seen it! Still no shareable link

Vineyard was a big deal for that episode to show his relationship with his Nephew

• Registered Users Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Gahahahahh

Where's that trailer gone it was it a fake!!!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Slydice wrote: »

You fcuking legend. I owe you a pint.

Also
    Admiral Picard!

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

OMG OMG OMG

it doesnt show much, but fcuk me it looks epic!

This looks good. Very good.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Looks like someone edited my grandmothers face into a trailer about del Monte oranges

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

cursai wrote: »
    Looks like someone edited my grandmothers face into a trailer about del Monte oranges

The man from Del Monte, he say "Engage!"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Rawr

This looks good. Very good.

Awwwwwwwwwww man...the flurry of the TNG theme and the end......:eek:

Also gimme some Chateau Picard...CBS could make a mint licensing that to some vineyard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Evade

Admiral Picard always sounds weird, I could never see him giving up the chair. "Most daring rescue in history" really makes that ensign seem more stupid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,966 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

No less weird than 'Admiral Kirk', never could believe someone as cavalier as Kirk would be offered Admiral, let alone take the position (obviously they eventually reversed it)

And 15 years is a long time; people in the Federation might live longer, but always looked like the Academy was filled with 18-21 year olds; it's entirely believable a young ensign might be unaware of who Picard was.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Inviere

Any speculation on what might have made him quit Starfleet? A death? A mission? A failure? I wonder if Riker dies??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

That looks great. Introduces lots of questions as to what actually happened during Star Fleets rescue op to Romulus and Picards role. Not that those questions were not there already but consider my appetite whetted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭Rawr

Evade wrote: »
    Admiral Picard always sounds weird, I could never see him giving up the chair. "Most daring rescue in history" really makes that ensign seem more stupid.

Maybe Janeway tricked him into it after that rescue mission they mention:

Admiral Janeway: Thank you for meeting me Jean Luc.

Captain Picard: My pleasure.

Admiral Janeway: An Admiral says what?

Captain Picard: What?

[Janeway throws extra rank-pips at him and then runs out the door]

Admiral Janeway: Ha! The Fleet is your problem now!!!! (Meep Meep!)

Admiral Picard: .......F***K!!!

Evacuation of Romulus probably. Which the Federation Council said no, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Evacuation of Romulus probably. Which the Federation Council said no, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

This could well be it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Inviere

Hmm, I wonder did he lie to an entire fleet? Starfleet may have said no, and in true Picard fashion, he did what he thought was right. That'd be an interesting beginning...

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    No less weird than 'Admiral Kirk', never could believe someone as cavalier as Kirk would be offered Admiral, let alone take the position (obviously they eventually reversed it)
    True. I suppose it always strikes me as weirder with Picard because he was still a captain in his 70s and Kirk was an admiral in his 40s.
    And 15 years is a long time; people in the Federation might live longer, but always looked like the Academy was filled with 18-21 year olds; it's entirely believable a young ensign might be unaware of who Picard was.
    Seems like a stretch given all his accomplishments.

Sounds more like grounds for a court martial than a promotion.

True. I suppose it always strikes me as weirder with Picard because he was still a captain in his 70s and Kirk was an admiral in his 40s.

Seems like a stretch given all his accomplishments.

Never underestimate the speed with which youth or the following generation to forget the last. The Federation's a big place, with a lot of moving parts; and honestly if this cadet is on front-desk duty, I'm guessing he's not Red Squadron material ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm hoping that the young ensign in the earlier footage knows who Picard is but just doesn't recognise him.

Sounds more like grounds for a court martial than a promotion.

I'd say he was already an Admiral, which is how he gave the order.

All Eyes On Rafah

Never underestimate the speed with which youth or the following generation to forget the last. The Federation's a big place, with a lot of moving parts; and honestly if this cadet is on front-desk duty, I'm guessing he's not Red Squadron material ;)
    A person on the street, sure. Someone who's been through four years of Starfleet Academy, the place with holoportraits of famous officers, is a stretch.

EDIT: I think the portraits might be Sarfleet Headquarters

A person on the street, sure. Someone who's been through four years of Starfleet Academy, the place with holoportraits of famous officers, is a stretch.

EDIT: I think the portraits might be Sarfleet Headquarters

Or as SadProf says, maybe he just doesn't know what Picard looks like, and has heard of him. Maybe it's also one of those "You're Picard, man you're so old!" kind of exchanges.

And like I said, the guy's manning the front-desk :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'll be surprised if they give Picard some personal trauma (like the loss of his crew etc) to overcome again. That didn't work out great with Generations and Stewart will remember why. I think his crisis of faith will be in Starfleet.

"15 years ago today, you lead us out of the darkness. You commanded the greatest rescue armada in history. Then, the unimaginable. What did that cost you? Your faith? Your faith in us? Your faith in yourself? Tell us - why did you leave Starfleet, Admiral?"

Who is the "us"? And are they both the same "us"? If this is a Romulan Starfleet officer speaking, the first "us" may mean Romulans and the second Starfleet.

Goodshape wrote: »
    AAAAAAHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

*wets self*

//edit – video seems to have become "unavailable". Was a short teaser trailer. Probably have to wait until Amazon release an international version or something :(

Youtube working now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

This looks good.... discovery is actually great and... Star Wars is kinda terrible at the moment.... interesting.....

Advertisement