Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Not a big fan of the title. A little too on-the-nose.

"Hey. HEY! EVERYBODY!! Remember Picard?! You know, Patrick Stewart! TNG! Picard! Remember? He's in this show. The one you remember. With that famous actor. PICARD! It's Star Trek... but, like, the one you remember. With PICARD! It's Star Trek: PICARD. Patrick Stewart is in it, btw."

PICARD

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah but equally it's unambiguous; the only reason the show even exists is to explicitly tell the twilight story of Picard, so I get why a fancy, abstract title is kinda redundant in this instance. We all know why we're watching it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I wonder if this is a limited series, like a season or two, taking into account Patrick Stewarts age, but mostly because of the name of the show, could we be looking at a possible first in a series of Star Trek : Character Name.

coming 2021 Star Trek: Wesley Crusher. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I wonder if this is a limited series, like a season or two, taking into account Patrick Stewarts age, but mostly because of the name of the show, could we be looking at a possible first in a series of Star Trek : Character Name.

coming 2021 Star Trek: Wesley Crusher. :pac:

Stewart has said they are hoping for more than one season.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I could see a scenario where Picard might take a backseat in subsequent seasons, if any of the side characters become popular in their own right; Picard perhaps becoming the mentor figure...

• Advertisement

Stewart has said they are hoping for more than one season.

I hope so myself, i was joking with the Wesley Crusher thing, but the fact they named it Star Trek: Picard just has me wondering if its successful, could we see similar Shows with other Characters. We will see.

Set pic:

D6shNmRXoAQropK?format=jpg&name=large

I know it's not much of anything to go on, but that show title and those old uniforms... Hm. Hope there's more to it than "things you enjoyed 20+ years ago".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Goodshape wrote: »
    Set pic:

I know it's not much of anything to go on, but that show title and those old uniforms... Hm. Hope there's more to it than "things you enjoyed 20+ years ago".

What's the story with the DS9 uniforms. Makes little sense to he using them again.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Oh man its so good to see those familiar uniforms!!

Oh man its so good to see those familiar uniforms!!

But we've already seen the future uniforms in TNG and in Voyager.

Just strikes me as odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Rawr

The Starfleet emblem looks kind of like the one they used in the previously mentioned All Good Things future.

I had kind of reckoned that this was the intended future emblem, since it turned up in future scenes in TNG, DS9 and VOY.

I remember there was this other alternate reality emblem which cropped up in TNG from some future scenes that included notches for the rank behind the star. I guess that one was always intended for alternate realities.

Refreshing to see a very TNG-esque uniform there.

Picard looks like an lost man in that picture who cannot remember why he is standing there.

Just strikes me as odd.

Honestly after watching Discovery (Which i mostly like) and Enterprise (Also Like) Im happy just to see those colours again and a show set after TNG\DS9\Voyager. I dont personally mind about them being from the Future eps of Previous shows or First Contact or DS9 or whatever, just seeing something in that vain is good enough for me.

Just strikes me as odd.

The uniform rules seems to change based on where you are. Before the First Contact uniform, you had Sisko changing from coloured shoulder-pads to full TNG uniform when he went to Earth in "Homefront". Generations had a mix of the 2, and then Voyager had colour shoulder-pads for everyone. The uniform appeared to be a sort of indicator of where you were in the fleet.

sisko_changeling_obrien_paradise_lost.jpg

It could be that in that leaked scene we have people at Earth using a DS9 style uniform, and anyone out on the fleet have the TOS style future uniform that we've seen before.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

That photo has been Twitter since May 2nd but was only discovered now!

Honestly after watching Discovery (Which i mostly like) and Enterprise (Also Like) Im happy just to see those colours again and a show set after TNG\DS9\Voyager. I dont personally mind about them being from the Future eps of Previous shows or First Contact or DS9 or whatever, just seeing something in that vain is good enough for me.

I'm happy the First Contact dark uniforms are gone. They were abit depressing.

Still hoping for these...

alternate_24th_century_starfleet_uniforms_by_rekkert-d9yse6h.png

Or

QnzB1vp.jpg

Or

newuniform-jacket.jpg

The middle ones up there seem familiar. Like an update to the Motion Picture uniform. I like them.

In fairness, at this moment in 2019, there's a good chance I'll pass people < 21 years of age wearing clothes from the 1950s all the way up to 1980s. Fashions often change, but they also loop back around and become preferred once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

With the end of the Dominion War, Starfleet could easily have decided to drop the more military uniforms, and go back to traditional/classic styling. Doesn't bother me at all one way or another, the writing and acting will make or break the show, not the bloody uniforms.

It's still possible those are cadet unforms. The collars are almost identical.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    In fairness, at this moment in 2019, there's a good chance I'll pass people < 21 years of age wearing clothes from the 1950s all the way up to 1980s. Fashions often change, but they also loop back around and become preferred once more.

Then I'd suggest this...

iAXhA.jpg

They were ways my favourite

Maybe in blue....

gFCuH.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

It's still possible those are cadet unforms. The collars are almost identical.

Certainly possible. Are those rank pips on the chest area of the Vulcan to the left of Picard in the image? They could also be cadet year markings, it's impossible to say. Plenty of civilians in that pic too, so may not be Starfleet Academy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

What's the story with the DS9 uniforms. Makes little sense to he using them again.

Similar colour scheme, but the collar is different. Looks like the old Academy uniform collar.

I'm wondering what the big banner says.

Similar colour scheme, but the collar is different. Looks like the old Academy uniform collar.

And what is that Robot Alien head.

Also seems to be a guy wearing a white top uniform similar to what Harry Kim(i think) had.

Edit: auto correct made it look like I was having a stroke.

captainpicardday.jpg

He's a... He's a role model.

captainpicardday.jpg

He's a... He's a role model.

International holiday!

Think there is a Discovery era Klingon in that pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

Usually lurk here rather than post, but (and I'm surprised no has suggested yet) it could be some sort of flashback where Picard is visiting some point in the past, especially with his bewildered frozen in time stance.

We have no idea what the setting, context or time period for the shoot is, until we have a clearer picture it's hard to speculate on the old uniforms etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

Set pic:

Could someone give me the url of this pucture? I can't see it or find it on Google.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Could someone give me the url of this pucture? I can't see it or find it on Google.

I got it from:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6shNmRXoAQropK?format=jpg&name=large

Advertisement