Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Picard - Amazon Prime [** POSSIBLE SPOILERS **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I suggested earlier in the thread that the show might be about Picard getting back to the man he once was and the kind of status quo that existed in TNG, though I was thinking more Twin Peaks The Return than Logan. Picard is similar to Dale Cooper in that he was so good and wise that dramatically it was difficult to challenge him. While I think such a storyline has the potential to be very satisfying if done right, I fear the writers aren't up to the task.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

pixelburp wrote: »
    You can read both I'd say: seems to me like they're going to make Picard's dotage years one of regret and maybe loss, which might be a hard pill to swallow for those who imagined a life in his vineyard (though wasn't it the movies that unceremoniously killed off his brother and young nephew?)

That was in Generations, and that story did create some strands that the new show could pick up on. He realised his family line was going to die with him, for example. Likely the vineyard passed to others as he chose to remain in Starfleet.

I felt like Picard had reconciled himself with his choices in that story though, his decision to leave the nexus was all about him accepting ownership of the road he travelled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

More news: Amazon (Prime) have signed on as the service to broadcast the show internationally; apparently it won't have any effect on Netflix's own agreement re. Discovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

More news: Amazon (Prime) have signed on as the service to broadcast the show internationally; apparently it won't have any effect on Netflix's own agreement re. Discovery.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ah feck it I thought it would be on TV.
    Goodshape wrote: »
    :(

I guess us who don't have or want Amazon Prime will just have to wait till its on DVD or find it other ways.

That's the curse of having all these online subscription sites now.

Why could Netfliks not have been a TV channel or channels like NetTv and be on Sky or available over satalite over a dish you buy separately if you did not want Sky put paid a small monthly fee the same with Amazon etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm curious as to how Netflix don't have it: were they outbid - entirely possible given the almost bottomless pit of money Amazon has - or did they simply not show an interest? Supposedly what they paid for Discovery covered the budget from CBS' point of view, and given how high-budget that show looks, maybe Netflix didn't have the cash to stretch for 2 shows. You'd imagine "Captain Picard returns" would be a pretty easy sell as shows go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They are competing with them now so it's in CBS's interest not to allow Netflix become a monopoly, especially since they have plans to expand their streaming service internationally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Acosta

That's torrents for me so. I already pay for Sky and Netflix and I'll be damned if I'm paying for anymore bloody subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ahhh, I wonder is that why all the Star Trek films popped up on Prime a couple weeks ago.

Really hate navigating prime, it's slow, clunky and terrible interface.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Grreaaaatttt .....Amazon do such a terrible job of licensing even their home-grown content internationally I'm sure they won't screw this one up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

AMKC wrote: »

I guess us who don't have or want Amazon Prime will just have to wait till its on DVD or find it other ways.

Torrent the sh1t out of it!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

vargoo wrote: »
    Torrent the sh1t out of it!!!!!!!!

First pic is now online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

That looks like Starfleet Academy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Evade wrote: »

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 60,430 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That could be his guest spot on Legion.

Ms

If that is Starfleet Academy I wonder will we here anyone mention the Enterprise at all. Even if it was in the background. That would be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭vargoo

If he isin't doing some kind of gardening I'm not watching this.

No sireeeee

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

AMKC wrote: »

That's the curse of having all these online subscription sites now.
    Yaaaaaarrrrrrrrr meh hearties, this is great news! More money, and less oversight.

Anyone else notice the suspiciously TNG era engineering uniform in the background? Looks like they mightn't be dickering around too much with the aesthetics anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That could be his guest spot on Legion.

Duuuuuuuude!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭Evade

Anyone else notice the suspiciously TNG era engineering uniform in the background? Looks like they mightn't be dickering around too much with the aesthetics anyway...
    It looks like a slight update on the last academy uniform we saw, just black as the primary colour instead of grey.

I hope they're moving toward the future uniforms we saw in All Good Things, Endgame, and the Visitor.

royal_flush.jpg

Yeah, it could be those concept uniforms for that other cancelled Star Trek show.

So, it looks like the show is simply titled, Star Trek :Picard

Ms

vargoo wrote: »
    If he isin't doing some kind of gardening I'm not watching this.

No sireeeee

It could be like this but the opposite way around maybe with the latest Enterprise Captain talking to Picard as he does a bit of gardening to relive some stress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pnv5hX250

Ms

I think the title and logo look good. Picard Say it out load and long its almost as good as

Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

Picaaaaaaaaaaaaaard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,480 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Isn't it supposed to be like 20 years after TNG, why does the officer in the background still have the DS9 style uniform on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

It's only the first DS9 uniform too, that show had moved onto the First Contact uniforms mid season 5.

might be just cadet uniforms which are different from the rest.

Or they went back to an older look, maybe the greyish top was too dark.

• Advertisement

I hope they're moving toward the future uniforms we saw in All Good Things, Endgame, and the Visitor.

I have an irrational hatred for those uniforms. They almost ruin the episodes they are in for me.

I hope they just use the First Contact uniforms, which were perfect IMO.

Advertisement