Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer in the Civil Service 2018 (Dublin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Hopefully up

Hi . Congratulations. Sorry I am not currently working in the Civil Service so i cant help. I’d like to read an answer though. I’m just wondering where you were in the OOM. I’m in the early forties and wondering if there’s any chance of getting an assignment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Flyn20

Hi . Congratulations. Sorry I am not currently working in the Civil Service so i cant help. I’d like to read an answer though. I’m just wondering where you were in the OOM. I’m in the early forties and wondering if there’s any chance of getting an assignment.

Thank you. My order of merit was 42 on the Dublin open stream so I would say you have a very high chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭redmgar

So do you find out your department first and then which region it is later?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadsoul

Flyn20 wrote: »
    Hi, I have sent in my qualifications on Monday and waiting for assignment. I believe I am being assigned to the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection. I am wondering if anyone can say they do or have worked there and would recommend the Department as a place to work or not? Thanks so much :)

Have you the option to refuse that department for a different one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Sadsoul wrote: »
    Have you the option to refuse that department for a different one?

No, usually if you refuse an assignment then thats you off the current panel.

• Advertisement

Anyone from the September interviews started in the new position or been given a start date.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Redadele

redmgar wrote: »
    Anyone from the September interviews started in the new position or been given a start date.

I received a call from their LHR, They said that I would get another call, which I did a week later regarding issuing of contract and request of release date from current LHR. The release date has been processed so I am just waiting now to hear from the DEASP LHR. I want to know exact site ( I have the location but there are a couple of offices) also are they in the office, working from home etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

Results are out

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    Results are out

What results?

Redadele wrote: »
    What results?

2020 campaign

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sadsoul

Redadele wrote: »
    What results?

2020 results are out today. I suspect they wrote on wrong thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Tubberfinn

Apologies - Sorry wrong thread

Tubberfinn wrote: »
    Apologies - Sorry wrong thread

Hope you got on ok

Once you get the message for assignment, you are safe for the position (assuming you pass vetting)?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Happy4

<apologies>

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Happy4 wrote: »
    Sorry for those that didn't get through.. I passed (delighted).. and got an OOM in the email aswell

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 68

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 49

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 60

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 128
    Congratulations.
    What is OOM?

Happy4 wrote: »
    Sorry for those that didn't get through.. I passed (delighted).. and got an OOM in the email aswell

Verbal Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 68

Numerical Reasoning Test
    Qualifying Score 39
    Your Score 49

Questionnaire
    Qualifying Score 37
    Your Score 60

Total Score (Verbal & Questionnaire): 128

Wrong thread

ureds wrote: »
    Congratulations.
    What is OOM?

Order of merit, usually only when you pass interview..... What was your OOM Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MozMael

redmgar wrote: »

I got confirmation today from PAS that I am being assigned to my current department. Just need HR to confirm the date

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Kass20

Would anyone who has recently interviewed be able to let me know what your original OOM was? I'm talking from way back at the start of the competition! I ranked in the 3000s (open stream) and haven't progressed to the second stage, nor do I expect to at this rate, but I'm curious how many they called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Kass20 wrote: »
    Would anyone who has recently interviewed be able to let me know what your original OOM was? I'm talking from way back at the start of the competition! I ranked in the 3000s (open stream) and haven't progressed to the second stage, nor do I expect to at this rate, but I'm curious how many they called.

Mine was beyond 3k. Only realised it today when comparing scores to this years results

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DCG27

Any idea how long the clearance process should take. I sent off all documents and completed Garda Vetting, haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

Question for people who are familiar with how the civil service works. Is it standard procedure to be issued with an initial 12 month probationary contract, ie. rather than a permanent one?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ballyerlas

Yes it is standard you are on probation for 12 months then made permanent. I had to do it when I entered as a clerical officer and I went for EO last year and had to do another year probation. Every time you get promoted it is another year probation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Sixofone

ballyerlas wrote: »
    Yes it is standard you are on probation for 12 months then made permanent. I had to do it when I entered as a clerical officer and I went for EO last year and had to do another year probation. Every time you get promoted it is another year probation.

Thanks. That just seems ... odd compared to standard practice elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ballyerlas

The last few jobs I have been in even in the private sector have been the same. You would have to do something fairly bad to not pass in fairness and it actually flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Divisadero

Sixofone wrote: »
    Thanks. That just seems ... odd compared to standard practice elsewhere.

I think it's because it is a big commitment when they hire you. It's not as easy to fire someone as it is in the private sector. Not all that long ago it was two years probation. Now that was really crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

ballyerlas wrote: »

Slightly different though in that if you fail your new grade's probation you revert to your old grade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Is the 2018 panel still going?

Surely it's well past its expiry, or is there a new end date?

• Advertisement

italodisco wrote: »
    Is the 2018 panel still going?

Surely it's well past its expiry, or is there a new end date?
    I think they are trying to place everyone left on the panel.
    There was additional time given due to covid.

Advertisement