Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Festival 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Cheers. Where d you get the info ??

Cheers. Where d you get the info ??

https://www.irishracing.com/results?prc=089&prd=20180730

top of the page under meeting info

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

chipsdave wrote: »
    Absolute total overrated joke of a meeting and no didn't lose money as I learned a long time ago not to bet around this glorified greyhound track , shows yeh what 'hype' can do though !

Your losing again after day 1? It’s a tight track, not suitable for all horses or punters

Goodwood has just as many upside down handicaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Busy day ahead so just a couple of bets for later.

7.05 What's the Story 10/1 ew

Keith Dalglish sends his first runner across the pond for this.
    Won a class 3 off 93 over 8f then followed that up with an excellent 4th in the Hunt Cup off 96.
    He then tackled 10f but pulled hard and ran out of steam.
    Back over 8f and off 98 still looks manageable. Likes to be prominent so drawn 4 is ideal.

8.10 Serefeli 6/1

Can hopefully repeat last year's success off the same mark.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Absolute total overrated joke of a meeting and no didn't lose money as I learned a long time ago not to bet around this glorified greyhound track , shows yeh what 'hype' can do though !

😂😂
    Hard first day on the pocket

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

When the fun stops, stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Not Galway, but I think that Sense Of Urgency in the 8:00 at Perth tonight has a cracking chance. 15/2 a great price for a horse that reached a trough in the ratings second run to last and if you excuse a beyond awful run last time out when heavily backed, it could be a big contender today in a very weak race.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

gazza1 wrote: »

This runs at 19.40pm for anyway confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Tis lashing rain at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Torrential rain all morning here in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Any idea when the horse Deor is running in galway lads I backed him last week gonna chance him again this week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Jane Mangan is quite good on the analysis. Enjoy listening to her.

Probably the first time ever I've watched rte racing and been impressed with someone seeing them for the first time. Knowledgeable,speaks well and the fact she had the balls to go back over the Oscar delta run put her even higher up in my estimation.
    What about Charles byrnes horse? Any mention of it? Something like 4/1 out to 11/2 and never went a yard.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

lab man wrote: »
    Any idea when the horse Deor is running in galway lads I backed him last week gonna chance him again this week

Entered in the last race tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

lab man wrote: »

Next Run: Galway 8.30 Wed, 1st Aug, 2m 110yds Hcap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

gazza1 wrote: »

Keith Dalglish sends his first runner across the pond for this.
    Won a class 3 off 93 over 8f then followed that up with an excellent 4th in the Hunt Cup off 96.
    He then tackled 10f but pulled hard and ran out of steam.
    Back over 8f and off 98 still looks manageable. Likes to be prominent so drawn 4 is ideal.

8.10 Serefeli 6/1

Can hopefully repeat last year's success off the same mark.

GL
    What's the story not in 7.05 race Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭pollocks

jobeenfitz wrote:
    What's the story not in 7.05 race Galway.

It's in the 7:40 just go through the cards or Google the horse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

What’s the Story and Sefereli for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

The very fact that is a 'unique' track is what makes it beatable, course form is massive around Ballybrit and no one has ever claimed that it is high quality fare, its competitive summer Natioinal Hunt racing that is accessible to the wider public and is enjoyed by the once a year race goers, why is this a bad thing??

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭chipsdave

����
    Hard first day on the pocket

You would have to hold me down and drag the money out of my pockets to get me to have a bet on this poor fare :) The only one that remotely caught my eye yesterday was Stacks one 2nd in that maiden won by Lyons (Zander ,Wargrave) but had no bet.

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    The very fact that is a 'unique' track is what makes it beatable, course form is massive around Ballybrit and no one has ever claimed that it is high quality fare, its competitive summer Natioinal Hunt racing that is accessible to the wider public and is enjoyed by the once a year race goers, why is this a bad thing??

It is totally over hyped by the media and the bookmakers and dupes the unsuspecting joe public into thinking that it is the done thing to go punting on the meeting ....that sir is why it is a bad thing...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

It is totally over hyped by the media and the bookmakers and dupes the unsuspecting joe public into thinking that it is the done thing to go punting on the meeting ....that sir is why it is a bad thing...

:confused:

Any tips dave?

:confused:

Any tips dave?

OOPPPS the unsuspecting joe public , no tips :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

id rather watch low grade competitive racing then watching the arab operations and coolmore/Ballydoyle cleaning up

Probably is a bit overhyped alright, but then again racing struggles for coverage generally so if there's more coverage in the papers and live coverage on tv, i cant see how it can be such a bad thing. As for casual punters, or the joe public, getting duped, I would say its mostly a rare fun-based outing for this bracket anyway, so anything they might win would be a bonus. I'm no great fan of the meeting myself, but a bit like Mallory's stated reason for climbing Everest ("because it's there) I simply watch and enjoy it because it is on.

id rather watch low grade competitive racing then watching the arab operations and coolmore/Ballydoyle cleaning up

well there is that to it too , and those post race parade ring celebrations in most cases certainly beat those of the stony face arabs :) GL with punting today to all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

6.25 Pleasurable 9/2 ran cracker lto and looked green will improve big time.7.05 Raeseeya 16/1 blinkers on first time should run a big race.8.10 St Gallen 20/1 is the best handicapped horse running at Galway but is drawn in Salthill.If drawn near the rails would be a max bet but I would suggest you put him in your tracker and watch Listowel ,will run up a sequence.The last sees Ducky Mallon 10/1 who again is well handicapped and the current rain is a major plus,big,big player.

Lot of money for Ducky Mallon alright.

Not sure if the rain will suit St Stephens Green in the second but still hoping will be good enough. Ran a good third on the Flat at this meeting last year and runs in the colours of the Mees who are locals and love winners here. Had a double on third day last year, including the fav in the first who should collect at short odds. Having a stab at the double anyway and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Not exactly my idea of a bet(2yo maiden in galway) But jesus O'Briens filly looks a point and shoot job. Hermosa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Advertisement