Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Festival 2018

Options
  • 29-07-2018 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭

Looking forward to seeing Limini back tomorrow off a mark of 89, hopefully opens up at 2/1.

What are people’s fancies for the Galway plate & hurdle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

She will surely be 2/1. Far from a penalty kick it's a good race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

The shorter Limini is the better, rake of cracking ew bets against her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Half 5 and still no sign of any prices. Gutless bunch these bookies are

She's 13/8 hahaha.

Lovely jubbly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Royal Rendezvous 2/1 is my biggest bet tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Otters earlobes in the 4:12

I’d stick a pony on him E/W

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Royal Rendezvous 2/1 is my biggest bet tomorrow.

Any reasoning why

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

Torcello looks value at 40s. Good draw in 2 and should handle the cut in the ground. 1 pt ew

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

5.55 Derby de thaix 25/1
    7.05 kudbegood 10/1 Nr so premier league 10/1
    7.40 art of security 25/1
    8.10 viscount Wilson 20/1

And pyscocandy in the second at Newton abbot to top up the bank hopefully 6/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Day 1 selections

Motcomb Street 5.55

H'cap debut and a mark of 107 looks very fair.Was 2nd to Doldido rated 112 beaten 1/2L last time over the sticks.
    Had a recent run on the flat to prepare for this and at the moment I wouldn't want many other than Rachael Blackmore doing the steering

Uradel 7.40

Was lucky enough to back the winner of this last year and the early 40's with b365 was very well received and have gone for the same connections this year.
    Looks well h'capped goes well fresh, his last 2 wins having come after breaks of 5 and 6 months.
    Not quite the same price but 14's b365 looks a decent ew shout
    Limini's price is a joke

GL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭paddyisreal

gazza1 wrote: »
    Day 1 selections

Motcomb Street 5.55

H'cap debut and a mark of 107 looks very fair.Was 2nd to Doldido rated 112 beaten 1/2L last time over the sticks.
    Had a recent run on the flat to prepare for this and at the moment I wouldn't want many other than Rachael Blackmore doing the steering

Uradel 7.40

Was lucky enough to back the winner of this last year and the early 40's with b365 was very well received and have gone for the same connections this year.
    Looks well h'capped goes well fresh, his last 2 wins having come after breaks of 5 and 6 months.
    Not quite the same price but 14's b365 looks a decent ew shout
    Limini's price is a joke

GL

Aftertiming a year later, fair plate to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Ive had one eye on WHISKEY SOUR in that 7.40 having won its first start for Mullins. A mark of 84 with a 7lb claimer onboard he could be well h'capped but was waiting on odds and as low as 14s boyles but at 40/1 b365 i simply cant resist

Posted 29/7/17

Put that in your pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lorikeet111

FYI

Royal Rendezvous 20.40 - PM said during a interview on Galway Bay that he was one of the bumper horses he was most looking forward too for the festival. Noted he was injured last year but good to go now.

Derby De Thaix 17.55 - JO'B " we hope to run him in the 2m handicap hurdle on Monday. He has been running well in similar races and we don’t think the best of him has been seen yet."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

In the 7.40 im having a small ew on Bedrock at 33/1, think that look overpriced 5 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,843 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Derby De Thaix 17.55 - JO'B " we hope to run him in the 2m handicap hurdle on Monday. He has been running well in similar races and we don’t think the best of him has been seen yet."

3rd reserve for anyone wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭jj mac

Going to chance Wooster e/w at 40/1 in the 7.40. Has run well the last two times and although the step up in distance is an unknown I'm hoping he can cope with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Cool colonnade 7-1 5:20 Galway townend's choice didn't beat much last time but very impressive should be thereabouts at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Got word for Motcomb street today from a usually reliable source.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

No, the plates not on til Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

10c Placepot for me this evening for interest! :
    R1. 5,7 / R2. 4,11,15 / R3. 6,8 / R4. 4,6,11/ R5. 1,7,14/ R6. 2,4.

Motcomb Street , Moxy Mares , Miles To Memphis in a Patent.

• Advertisement

I would rarely have any sort of meaningful bet in Galway but I always enjoy the racing and the coverage.
    It's always very competitive. Will have a look later but couldn't see anything today.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭antietam

If Limini runs to hurdles form she is thrown in its not just a penalty kick but a penalty kick without a goalkeeper.This imo has been the plan for some time for a mega pot and she should beat these with ease.Mullins seems to be targeting Galway and could have three winners tonight.Elliott on the other hand has a shocking record here especially with handicap hurdles.Subjudice 22/1 8.10 ran a blinder lto at Leopardstown from the front.Weld introduces a very well bred newcomer in the bumper for local man Ronan Lambe and any support should be noted.Palace Guard 8/1 7.05 ran well lto with no luck and perfect draw tonight[horses drawn wide need to be an aeroplane to win over 7f].

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Golden Spear in the 19.40 e/w.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

What's going on with Geraghty and the JayPee horses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Benkei is on a fair mark. Is in good form over hurdles to have him ready for then return to the level and loves this track. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't place.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

What's going on with Geraghty and the JayPee horses?

He is rising Successor tomorrow for JP. I'd imagine this is his swansong and he will want to bag as many winners as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Was looking at Benkei for something to take on the favourite but this Limini is beginning to drift out to what is becoming a very backable price. She let me down badly at the Festival last year but I'm sure Patrick must be desperate to win this race and the more I look at it the harder it gets to see her beat.

Jane Mangan is quite good on the analysis. Enjoy listening to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

Jane Mangan is quite good on the analysis. Enjoy listening to her.

Ya, was just thinking that myself. She is decent on telly. Was also thinking are Robert and Ted coming near the end? They are not as dottery and Giles and Dunphy were getting but both of them struggle to find words from time to time. Suppose none of us are getting any younger.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Ya, was just thinking that myself. She is decent on telly. Was also thinking are Robert and Ted coming near the end? They are not as dottery and Giles and Dunphy were getting but both of them struggle to find words from time to time. Suppose none of us are getting any younger.

Was there the day she had that mishap at the Festival. Distraught in the parade ring afterwards, dont think she did that much wrong, just one of those things.

Robert and Ted are in the twilight of their careers for sure, but I sincerely hope they aren't thinking of hanging the mics up for a few years yet. They - particularly Robert - have done an amazing job for years and I shudder to think what might be there to replace them.

Advertisement