Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I've just tuned in. Read back a few posts. Riiiigghhhttt. Maybe not for me then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Dan Jaman wrote: »
    Don't talk utter tripe.

its been pushed heavily in many areas i can give you examples if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 6,509 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Right folks I’m out ,I wonder will Fateen follow this up tomorrow????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭A Shaved Duck?

This is mental.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/opinion/pedophilia-a-disorder-not-a-crime.html

anyhow moving on an awful topic for this time of day

• Advertisement

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I don't know, I'd say that he's raging.

Ah no, nothing beats a few days in Knockranny. Have never been, but I hear it’s fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Right folks I’m out ,I wonder will Fateen follow this up tomorrow????

Not a hope.

Although this is a disgusting issue it's one that can ruin lives.

Joe will be talking about utter nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Not a hope.

Although this is a disgusting issue it's one that can ruin lives.

Joe will be talking about utter nonsense

I prefer the utter nonsense !!

I don't know why they even discuss castration.

This would never be allowed legally. You may as well ask for execution.

2smiggy wrote: »

Perhaps this is not the correct forum but it's probably best to have these things out in the open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Why don’t we open a museum “The Chanber of Ireland’s Horrors” with different sections-upstairs to the right is the Mother & Baby Homes Horrir-to the left a reconstruction of a Magdalene laundry consultant mete with sound effects-in the basement an old Class Room with instruments of torture-at entry level a Typical Irish Home with more instruments of torture...

now you're talking! We also for reasons of political balance have to depict torture by the Black and Tans and IRA and UVF and Essex regiment, pitch-capping,

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

I don't know why they even discuss castration.

This would never be allowed legally. You may as well ask for execution.

It's complete ludicrous and a bonkers suggestion.

Would anyone suggest doing it to other criminals or giving other criminals mind altering drugs in prison to modify their behaviour? This sounds like something from the Victorian era.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,746 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Funny Fer-i-day coming from Limerick.

Wonder will Doc have a few "stab city" jokes?

Fateen’s getting another weekend in a hotel, courtesy of taxpayer. Radisson Blu Limerick has one whole floor booked out for the crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

goose2005 wrote: »
    now you're talking! We also for reasons of political balance have to depict torture by the Black and Tans and IRA and UVF and Essex regiment, pitch-capping,

Perhaps soapbox Joe could voice the audio tour, so to speak. It would be in keeping with the depressing, torture-laden themes.

a teacher retired at 50 ? some gig

you need 35 years' service to get a full pension, so retiring at 50 would get a reduced pension.
    As for the Deputy Prime Minister title; it simply doesn't exist and is inherently disrespectful and some would say offensive to the office to change the name to appear more West Brit or whatever the hell his objective was in applying such a monicker to himself and the office. It was a very ill-judged thing to do. We don't have a Prime Minister so how can we have a Deputy PM? We have a Head of Government. Has any Irish Tiste ever referred to themselves as "Deputy Prime Minister" ever before? I sincerely doubt it, but I'm pretty sure if they were they were criticised for doing so.

I assume it's so that foreign media would know who he was. And we kind of do have a pm: from the constitution - "The head of the Government, or Prime Minister, shall be called, and is in this Constitution referred to as, the Taoiseach. ... The Tiste shall act for all purposes in the place of the Taoiseach if the Taoiseach should die, or become permanently incapacitated, until a new Taoiseach shall have been appointed. The Tiste shall also act for or in the place of the Taoiseach during the temporary absence of the Taoiseach."

meep wrote: »
    Perhaps soapbox Joe could voice the audio tour, so to speak. It would be in keeping with the depressing, torture-laden themes.

He’s done quite a few audio voiceovers, so he’s well-practised in dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,169 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

goose2005 wrote: »
    you need 35 years' service to get a full pension, so retiring at 50 would get a reduced pension.

Just out of interest , what would be a full pension or a reduced pension ?

Fillup Tally Ho Hayes’ children attending National Skewel???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Joe will be apoplectic. The day he takes off and the shoe will be in night trouble with the watchdogs

Just out of interest , what would be a full pension or a reduced pension ?

depends on service, final salary, etc.

https://www.into.ie/ROI/InfoforTeachers/Pensions/CalculationofPension/

Caller driven show, driven entirely by one pedo it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

zell12 wrote: »
    0005259b-800.jpg

Da tree twins are lookin' luvely!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,963 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

its been pushed heavily in many areas i can give you examples if you want

I've no wish to share in your paranoia, thanks all the same.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

I've no wish to share in your paranoia, thanks all the same.

fair enough one mans facts are another mans paranoia.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

TomSweeney wrote: »
    Da tree twins are lookin' luvely!

His wife is very low profile and out of the media spotlight. I'm not sure I've ever seen a photo of the two of them together before this.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I dipped in and out of the show today, and despite the subject matter (which some thought inappropriate and I can see why), thought it was great to hear a difficult subject being discussed in a mature, rational manner without any of Joe's faux pas / rabble-rousing / prejudices / hysteria. That IMO is what Liveline should be for.

I thought the two women who were victims of child abuse themselves made for powerful voices, saying "why not ask us? listen to us" (and mercifully not being prodded for the gory details / reduced to tears).

PBH was the perfect host on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Looks like it.
    I hanker for the days of de Palmerians and Mary's cat in Clontarf.
    Del.Monte wrote: »
    or a business to push over a cliff. :D
    honeybear wrote: »
    I’d love round 2 of the singing priest
    And on the last serious note - the above comments just go to show what an utter joke Joe has made of the show over the years. Trash is what we've come to expect, and are delivered 99% of the time.

I'm sure normal service will resume with Joe's return tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I assume it's so that foreign media would know who he was. And we kind of do have a pm: from the constitution - "The head of the Government, or Prime Minister, shall be called, and is in this Constitution referred to as, the Taoiseach. ... The Tiste shall act for all purposes in the place of the Taoiseach if the Taoiseach should die, or become permanently incapacitated, until a new Taoiseach shall have been appointed. The Tiste shall also act for or in the place of the Taoiseach during the temporary absence of the Taoiseach."[/QUOTE]

Completely missing the point there caller. Did you read the other posts on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement