Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lahvlann: Up the reek without a coddle - 26/07 two 18 so to speak

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The Labour Party refers to Joan Burton as both.

https://www.labour.ie/joanburton/

Joan Burton TD is a very well-known Irish politician who has served her country as Leader of the Labour Party, Tánaiste (Deputy Prime Minister) and in a number of ministerial roles - most recently as Minister for Social Protection from 2011 to 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Spotted on de Croagh Patrick webcam earlier:
    fat-man-hiking-middle-of-nowhere.jpg
    ARGH!
    THERE IS NO 'UNLIKE' BUTTON, AN' DAT!
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Joan Burton TD is a very well-known Irish politician who has served her country as Leader of the Labour Party, Tánaiste (Deputy Prime Minister) and in a number of ministerial roles - most recently as Minister for Social Protection from 2011 to 2016.

In brackets AFTER Tánaiste, hardly the same thing as using DPM solely to the exclusion of Tánaiste.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

In brackets AFTER Tánaiste, hardly the same thing as using DPM solely to the exclusion of Tánaiste.

Can you prove that Coveney did that?

Can you prove that Coveney did that?

I saw the quoted tweet. Whether it’s been deleted since I don’t know but I wasn’t the only one who saw it as others commented on it too.

• Advertisement

Also, that's on the Labour Party website - hardly the same thing as a personal twitter account.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

mod note

Take it to politics or pm please,

Thanks PC7

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Did anyone hear what happened to Damo? I just got the end of Countrywide and heard the presenter wish him well in his recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

sligojoek wrote: »
    Did anyone hear what happened to Damo? I just got the end of Countrywide and heard the presenter wish him well in his recovery.

I did not! That'll be why Fill-in Boucher Hayes was filling in for Damo, filling in for Marian, filling in for Marian, filling in for Séan, before he filled in for Joe taking four days off for a 90m hillwalk? (Yes, this will all be on your final exam.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Do you propose the Gardaí call themselves The Police now?

You're referring here to "An Garda Síochána: Ireland's National Police Service"? (Their website's banner head, their website's robo-alt-text, and their caps.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,939 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Do you propose the Gardaall themselves The Police now?
    "We'll stop you moving microwave ovens, breakfast roll, a robbereee..."
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

The traffic corps are now the Roads Policing Unit. RPU.
    Shur don't most salt o de eart dubs call them the police anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

was on de luvly luas yesterday for match young girl about 14 with 2 friends a bit bubbly one thought a guy had touched her ass. mb a bit immature he went full beserker mode roaring at her full tilt c word b word youll be claiming welfare and two kids in a few years lol
    another mad lad with two broken arms was shouting at him to leave her alone shes a young kid while waving his crutchs at him they wud have battered each other only for it was wedged. his girlfriend pulled him off luas he was i reckon 30 seconds away for punching the young kid..
    on way back some junkies had like an old 1980s stereo boombox in a suitecase that didnt close... they were well agitated to keep it safe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

was on de luvly luas yesterday for match young girl about 14 with 2 friends a bit bubbly one thought a guy had touched her ass. mb a bit immature he went full beserker mode roaring at her full tilt c word b word youll be claiming welfare and two kids in a few years lol
    another mad lad with two broken arms was shouting at him to leave her alone shes a young kid while waving his crutchs at him they wud have battered each other only for it was wedged. his girlfriend pulled him off luas he was i reckon 30 seconds away for punching the young kid..
    Why are you telling us??? You should be telling THE NATION on Da Lahvline :confused:

So I wonder is Joe back down safe and sound from the Reek?

RTE news usually do a feature on Reek Sunday. Odds on Joseph will be bang smack in the middle of the screen. Sporting the climbing gear he sent Jeeves out for during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Funny Friday from Limerick 3rd of August

Bank Holiday Friday, according to Joe.

Funny, I thought the Bank Holiday was the Monday :confused:

As sure as night follows day and dat FunnyFryday’s do be on de Frydays dat fall before a Bank Holiday Monday and dat so to speak and dus become known as Bank Holiday Frydays. It also serves as a signal to let de FunnyFryday Freeloaders Crew dat dares yet anudder FREE Pro Gratis Weekend Away for dem at de Tax Payer’s Expense.

In usual FunnyFryday style as it’s on a Fryday day’ll leave on Wednesday to be at a venue a 2 hour drive away, and stay until Monday morning. Joe will probably need dat Monday off too to recover from de grueling 2 hour drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Hopefully they all just read excerpts from Angela's Ashes. It would be funnier than the usual shíte they serve up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

the state of fateen lol 3 out of 10 joe for garb lol

the state of fateen lol 3 out of 10 joe for garb lol

Part of me is surprised he didn’t do it in a tin a fruit from “Lewis” Copeland or Guineys, complete with stockbroker shirt, pocket square, garish tie, braces and cuff links.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joe: and callers, I remember reaching the summit so to speak and I have an idea of how Edmund Hillary must have felt when he got to the top of Everest so to speak.

Just listening to POG on meeeriam standing on for SOR. Every interviewee on the reek had a story of cancer and sewiside. Joe must have been giving him interviewing tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,772 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Looks like the leg is fine after all

zell12 wrote: »
    Looks like the leg is fine after all

I’m sure the person he sued after the crash would be interested to hear that....

Joe left his Sonny Knowles cd for Ronan I see...

I had a surreal moment last night when flicking through the channels looking for something to watch. Some RTE compendium of musical guests programme or other with none other than B.B. King being interviewed by Fungus.

Fungus ever modestly joined in with B. B. King to play some chords - he had the guitar ready and all! That would be the equivalent of Fateen challenging Michael Jordan to a game of one on one basketball.

The segment closed with Bibi Baskin joining them on the couch in a ”B.B., meet Bibi” segment.

I wonder what Mr. King thought of it all?

And no, I wasn’t drinking!

• Advertisement

I had a surreal moment last night when flicking through the channels looking for something to watch. Some RTE compendium of musical guests programme or other with none other than B.B. King being interviewed by Fungus.

Fungus ever modestly joined in with B. B. King to play some chords - he had the guitar ready and all! That would be the equivalent of Fateen challenging Michael Jordan to a game of one on one basketball.

The segment closed with Bibi Baskin joining them on the couch in a ”B.B., meet Bibi” segment.

I wonder what Mr. King thought of it all?

And no, I wasn’t drinking!

Heard Fungus taking about that on the wireless yesterday. Said he was "persuaded" to just happen to have the guitar there when BB arrived. Sounded most modest about it (not!).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement