Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread V3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,755 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The pro football hall of fame twitter account posted a picture ten minutes ago showing the president of the hall of fame doing the knocking on doors to tell the new inductees they are in. So expect the inductees to be known soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The schedule announcement has to be one of the most pointless days of then all for non Americans.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,971 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Delighted Ty Law finally got in. Patriots legend and a great player his whole career.

Boselli getting the shun makes a joke of it altogether.

Boselli getting the shun makes a joke of it altogether.
    Why is it? He was really good but he had a relatively short career. I think that is held against him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Delighted Ty Law finally got in. Patriots legend and a great player his whole career.

Agreed, and the third former Bronco in the this years class :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,755 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

eagle eye wrote: »
    Why is it? He was really good but he had a relatively short career. I think that is held against him.

Terrell Davis had a short career but is in the HOF.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Terrell Davis had a short career but is in the HOF.
    He had a very exceptional short career. He is part of the 2k rushing club, was a key part in two Superbowl wins and his first four seasons were all over 1k before the injuries.

Boselli was the best tackle to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Agreed, and the third former Bronco in the this years class :)

The anti-Bronco bias was clear again - Steve Atwater should be in the HOF - one of the best safeties to play the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

The anti-Bronco bias was clear again - Steve Atwater should be in the HOF - one of the best safeties to play the game.

Champ Bailey & Pat Bowlen got elected, hardly an anti-Broncos class.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭Liamalone

What is the actual point of this Hall of Fame craic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Liamalone wrote: »
    What is the actual point of this Hall of Fame craic?

The Yanks love Halls of Fame, not just sports ones but music, toys etc. No interest in them myself and usually don't may any more than a passing glance to news reports about them, despite being a big fan of the NFL and MLB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

OOnegative wrote: »
    Champ Bailey & Pat Bowlen got elected, hardly an anti-Broncos class.

Pat Bolwen should have been elected years ago - when he still had the mental faculties to appreciate it.

Champ Bailey is a no-brainer - he is one of the all-time great defensive players in the NFL. He is also the first ever Broncos defensive player to be a HOFer (an absolute joke)

Steve Atwater was one of the best ever safeties in the game - and it is a joke that he hasn't been a HOFer for years. The treatment of Atwater in comparison, for example, to Ty Law or Ed Reed demonstrates how much of a joke the HOF is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Is romo on duty tonight? Also, do BBC and sky take the same feed or could it be fox on one and espn or someone on BBC?

Deco99 wrote: »
    Is romo on duty tonight? Also, do BBC and sky take the same feed or could it be fox on one and espn or someone on BBC?

Don’t think ESPN ever get the Super Bowl but it is rotated among the other 3 networks and its CBS’ turn this year so it is Romo in the booth.

Yeah it's CBS on the main feed. BBC won't have fox or ESPN or anything because it's CBS' year for rights but they could have that crap 'international' commentary from the NFL where they spend most of the game explaining the rules. Not sure if they still do that.

Don’t think ESPN ever get the Super Bowl but it is rotated among the other 3 networks and its CBS’ turn this year so it is Romo in the booth.

It's prob in your answer but that's BBC coverage too?

It's prob in your answer but that's BBC coverage too?

I reckon so. I’d forgotten about the international feeds until mentioned above so as long as BBC don’t go with that, we’ll get the CBS coverage.

• Advertisement

The real worst thing about the Hall of Fame is that Tony Gonzalez is retired long enough to get in. **** I'm old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I reckon so. I’d forgotten about the international feeds until mentioned above so as long as BBC don’t go with that, we’ll get the CBS coverage.
    The NFL Show on the BBC last night had Osi interviewing Romo and they confirmed they will have the CBS commentary on tonight

Who's presenting for BBC I wonder, do they treat the audience like idiots same as the London games coverage?

Who's presenting for BBC I wonder, do they treat the audience like idiots same as the London games coverage?

Mark Chapman I'd say. Mike Carlson will probably be on it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Gotta say I'm delighted for Gil Brandt

Fully deserving of being in there

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So.... we all set for the American Alliance of Football, launches this weekend!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

So apparently for next season the Oakland Raiders will play in San Francisco while the San Francisco 49ers will continue to play in Santa Clara, while the city of Oakland sues the Raiders over their move to Las Vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

adrian522 wrote:
    So apparently for next season the Oakland Raiders will play in San Francisco while the San Francisco 49ers will continue to play in Santa Clara, while the city of Oakland sues the Raiders over their move to Las Vegas.

Where they playing in San Francisco??

Loughc wrote:

Go the Sam Antonio Commodores..
    Moose Johnson baby

brinty wrote: »
    Where they playing in San Francisco??

What was AT&T Park, now Oracle park. Home of the Giants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Loughc wrote: »

I sure am, anything that gives us more football is a good thing. I'm picking the Arizona Hotshots as my team, been there a few times!

https://aaf.com/

Advertisement