Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭corks finest

Suckit wrote: »
    I have returned a few items to amazon france. You go in to chat as normal, sometimes there is an english speaker, sometimes they phone you (almost immediately) - both are relatively painless and returns are free.

Having dealt with eglobal /gearbest/ Ali etc + Amazon I'd highly recommend Amazon's customer care ( tops)
    Eglobal left us down for Christmas ( paid + ordered phone- 12 days later admitted item wasn't in stock- reimbursement via PayPal)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

Nice phone,on my 4 th mi phone ATM ( mi note 10) great phones but u need to get over the miui set up + be prepared to get rid of some bloatware,+ they are not pure Android

What's you thoughts on Mi Note 10. Looking to upgrade from mi mix 2s? Which version did you go for? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Thanks for the replies. So I have decided to get a realme x2. I have looked around and my two best options are honorbuy and amazon spain.

I would prefer amazon spain as they have it in white and id prefer to buy with amazon. However, the actual page for the realme x2 isnt translating which isnt ideal. It also says Spanish version. I presume that is for Spanish customers so they know that it will work in Spain or is there a specific Spanish version that may have issues if brought to Ireland?

The other option is HonorBuy. Same price with the 2-5 business day shipping but they only have it in blue.

Any advice regarding Amazon ES and the Spanish version comment on the Amazon page would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ordered Redmi note 8 pro from Amazon Spain 12th for delivery 19th
    Never got it & refund on the way seriously pissed off with them.
    Sent on tracking number which never worked.
    Cowboys.
    Wanted phone for Christmas, now nothing

You have any joy with them?

seanin4711 wrote: »
    went with this from reviews online
    234 from amazon.es for 6gb 64gb version
    have it in 7 days from order to delivery.

Never got it avoid Amazon spain

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭DonnieCorko

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Ordered Redmi note 8 pro from Amazon Spain 12th for delivery 19th
    Never got it & refund on the way seriously pissed off with them.
    Sent on tracking number which never worked.
    Cowboys.
    Wanted phone for Christmas, now nothing

You have any joy with them?

Sorry to hear. I was going to leave it off until January to see if it went on sale but said it wasnt worth waiting to save only a few quid so I ordered it. Currently in the UK and due to be delivered by the 30th.

Amazon are usually very good, both in terms of customer service and delivery. You could pop them an email or open a chat with them and tell them how dissapointed you are etc. They would probably give you a voucher as a measure of goodwill.

• Advertisement

If i was going to brave it again and order another phone after amazon spain disappointment,
    would honorbuy europe be best quickest shipping?
    thanks
    John

shmeee wrote: »
    Friend bought a Redmi Note 8 4GB RAM 128GB ROM Global Version Blue on Honourbuy at 11am on Monday just gone, delivered via DHL yesterday. Total cost €201.

I'd a Redmi Note 7, and from a quick look at the 8 the differences aren't huge, better in terms of tech specs with the newer Snapdragon 665 in the 8 and the 8 comes with an actual Dual sim rather than a Hybrid Dual Sim in the 7. Both phones are the same size. Improvement on the camera specs on the 8 with an ultrawide lenses.

And the Redmi Note 8 is actually €4 cheaper than the 7 on honourbuy.

2 days shipping?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have ordered tons from amazon Spain, including a 50 inch TV. Nothing gone missing for me yet, but it does happen.
    If the price on amazon Spain (or any of the amazons) is similar to the honorbuy price, I would 100% go for the amazon version, without even thinking about it. You are covered by eu warranty above anything else.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I used this guys (someone recommended them to me), I'm very happy with the phone I got, but the delivery times were more than twice what was mentioned - the phone I ordered was out of stock, but they didn't mention it until I chased my order a good few days after the expected delivery date. I didn't have to pay anything extra, either.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

I bought a cheap Android phone on Chinavasion . Its working well , but was advertised as 4,000mah battery when in fact it only has a 2,600mah battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

Suckit wrote: »
    You are covered by eu warranty above anything else.

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    What does that mean?
    If it has a fault (that is not of your doing) you are covered for two years.
    If it has a fault in the product that is common, or known, you are a covered for (6 years in ireland) an extra few years in EU depending where you bought it.
    Chinese stores don't need to/don't care to adhere to any of those laws.

If you buy a phone that breaks in a month from a Chinese seller on a Chinese site, they are under no obligation to help you.

What's you thoughts on Mi Note 10. Looking to upgrade from mi mix 2s? Which version did you go for? Thanks

TBH I like it,not as big as I'd like, camera v good ( day time)quick, decent storage, beautiful smoked,but slippy,you need a good cover/ case,I've a mi note 10 ,for bigger storage mi note 10 pro

My brother wants a new phone and so does his wife but dont want to spend a lot. I see Banggood have the Redmi Note 8 on sale at the moment (4GB RAM and 64GB storage version) for only 135. Is this a great bargain?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Wilfuler.

My brother wants a new phone and so does his wife but dont want to spend a lot. I see Banggood have the Redmi Note 8 on sale at the moment (4GB RAM and 64GB storage version) for only 135. Is this a great bargain?

I can't see it on kimovil but if it's the global version you should add on the EU priority shipping

Amazon spain is selling them cheap, better customer service if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Can anyone reccommend a small type phone. My wife has a huawai p9 lite and doesnt want any bigger than that ( https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p9_lite-7983.php )

So anything less or same as 5.2 inch screen

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can anyone reccommend a small type phone. My wife has a huawai p9 lite and doesnt want any bigger than that ( https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p9_lite-7983.php )

So anything less or same as 5.2 inch screen

Thanks

As an example, the screen size is small on the p9 lite but it's not much smaller overall than say a Nokia 4.2.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Huawei-P9-lite,Nokia-4.2/phones/10043,11133
    Some of the flagship phones are bigger but don't focus solely on the screen surface size.
    What budget are you wanting to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

GBX wrote: »
    As an example, the screen size is small on the p9 lite but it's not much smaller overall than say a Nokia 4.2.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Huawei-P9-lite,Nokia-4.2/phones/10043,11133
    Some of the flagship phones are bigger but don't focus solely on the screen surface size.
    What budget are you wanting to spend?

Thanks for that.

200-300e really, since ive moved away from paying big money for phones for brand alone (i have a xiaomi mi9T) i just wanna get the best bang for buck.
    Her main thing she wants is the screen size and after that , like us all , decent camera and battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Need 1 member for Xiaomi competition, lots of good prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. Send me a pm if you want to join it, must be willing to play the game quite alot in next 2 days

Wilfuler. wrote: »
    I can't see it on kimovil but if it's the global version you should add on the EU priority shipping

Amazon spain is selling them cheap, better customer service if needed

My advice stay away,welll away from eglobal,truly awful--- selling phones not in stock- dire communication etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Asking19302

Bought a Gionee in shop in Omni Santry for €150 about a year ago. It has been mistaken for an Iphone on many occasions. I not a great user of mobile, calls and sms are about it. It not in the top 60% of phones but it looks good, does what I ask it to do. Has dual sims, and all you would expect. It is a new business with just a small number of shops. All add on's seemed expensive tho.

spix wrote: »
    Need 1 member for Xiaomi competition, lots of good prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd teams. Send me a pm if you want to join it, must be willing to play the game quite alot in next 2 days

Still need someone, competition over in around 24hrs. You could win a redmi note 8 pro/redmi note 8 + mi band 4 if finish in a good position.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Still need someone, competition over in around 24hrs. You could win a redmi note 8 pro/redmi note 8 + mi band 4 if finish in a good position.

Pm me info

Place still available. 2 people asked to join but neither did. Very high chance of winning a very good prize if join and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

Thanks for the replies. So I have decided to get a realme x2. I have looked around and my two best options are honorbuy and amazon spain.

I would prefer amazon spain as they have it in white and id prefer to buy with amazon. However, the actual page for the realme x2 isnt translating which isnt ideal. It also says Spanish version. I presume that is for Spanish customers so they know that it will work in Spain or is there a specific Spanish version that may have issues if brought to Ireland?

The other option is HonorBuy. Same price with the 2-5 business day shipping but they only have it in blue.

Any advice regarding Amazon ES and the Spanish version comment on the Amazon page would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have just received Realme X2 from Amazon spain. Took a week to arrive including Christmas day etc.

It was advertised as the Spanish version however it is just the EU version. All literature was in English however the charger is european 2 prong.

Phone set up was standard offering the usual langauges etc but was in English as a default.

I popped in my Irish sim and was up and running straight away no problems.

A decent phone, not at One plus standard, but a lot of phone for the money.

Worth noting I made sure I ordered directly from Amazon on Amazon.es and not a third party supplier.

I have just received Realme X2 from Amazon spain. Took a week to arrive including Christmas day etc.

It was advertised as the Spanish version however it is just the EU version. All literature was in English however the charger is european 2 prong.

Phone set up was standard offering the usual langauges etc but was in English as a default.

Worth noting I made sure I ordered directly from Amazon on Amazon.es and not a third party supplier.

Thanks for the reply. Just home from work and and the postman called with my one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Did you get the x2 pro? I've narrowed it down to the One plus 6 and the X2 pro and the more I see of the x2 the more I'm moved towards it. The best price I've seen is 360 stg on Amazon UK at present.

New Home wrote: »
    I used this guys (someone recommended them to me), I'm very happy with the phone I got, but the delivery times were more than twice what was mentioned - the phone I ordered was out of stock, but they didn't mention it until I chased my order a good few days after the expected delivery date. I didn't have to pay anything extra, either.

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/

Eglobal have a fairly bad rep,I can attest to that,be careful

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm glad I got my phone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 SilverangelA5

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Did you get the x2 pro? I've narrowed it down to the One plus 6 and the X2 pro and the more I see of the x2 the more I'm moved towards it. The best price I've seen is 360 stg on Amazon UK at present.

I got the X2. We also have a oneplus7 in the house, so I've had the chance to compare the two.

The oneplus7 is a better build no doubt but at 310 euro including postage the X2 was impossible to pass up.

Advertisement