Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

GBX wrote: »
    Did they confirm it was in stock? When will you get it?

in stock posted today ,hope to have it by Tuesday next week.

really a toss of a coin between getting it & getting the realme 5 pro both on amazon.es( i know i swore i wouldn't go near them again!!!).

Murphy law i will get the original phone that never arrived at the same time!

delighted finally have a new decent phone(coming from a 2gb redmi 4a)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

seanin4711 wrote: »
    in stock posted today ,hope to have it by Tuesday next week.

really a toss of a coin between getting it & getting the realme 5 pro both on amazon.es( i know i swore i wouldn't go near them again!!!).

Murphy law i will get the original phone that never arrived at the same time!

delighted finally have a new decent phone(coming from a 2gb redmi 4a)

Its a nice piece of kit. I think the Mi9T is the exact same phone by different name and its class. Screen is nice and big and video plays brilliant on it and the camera is quality too.

Like the spec of phone like this for a fraction of the price you would pay for a samsung / sony or apple. Even Huawai have become priced over the top. I just dont know why people do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

BKWDR wrote: »
    Its a nice piece of kit. I think the Mi9T is the exact same phone by different name and its class. Screen is nice and big and video plays brilliant on it and the camera is quality too.

Like the spec of phone like this for a fraction of the price you would pay for a samsung / sony or apple. Even Huawai have become priced over the top. I just dont know why people do it.
    Different specs, screens etc, but still decent for the price.

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9812&idPhone2=9738

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Safety in brands I suppose. Huawei has gone dear for what used to be great value for money. It was a gamble with the standalone brands a few years back, I recall ditching an oukitel as the specs didn't deliver the experience but its difficult being a standalone company in such a big market. At least realme etc has the backing and expertise to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

went for it €255 delivered
    https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/783263288844397/
    Too late now but seems a great price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

needed something cheap for my 15 yr old after my old previously trusty old samsung galaxy note 4 he had handed down to him finally died.
    anyway...grabbed a umidigi a5 pro for 100 sterling on amazon today...seemed to have decent enough reviews for its price.....anyone here familiar with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

dougm1970 wrote: »
    needed something cheap for my 15 yr old after my old previously trusty old samsung galaxy note 4 he had handed down to him finally died.
    anyway...grabbed a umidigi a5 pro for 100 sterling on amazon today...seemed to have decent enough reviews for its price.....anyone here familiar with it ?
    Good luck with it,no need to blow hundreds at all,,,,,,you will though in a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have had a few Umidigi decent enough phone, I haven't had the A5 Pro though.
    My friends daughter has the last one I bought, it would be just under a year now and it's still going strong (as would be expected) and she loves it.

savage phone
    well worth the money
    I was in athlone shopping with the family and dropped them off and headed to go to liffey valley and collect it.
    guys sound and very helpful.
    couldnt wait!
    class phone.
    snappy and looks the business.
    big @6inch plus in the hand.
    no regrets whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

savage phone
    well worth the money
    I was in athlone shopping with the family and dropped them off and headed to go to liffey valley and collect it.
    guys sound and very helpful.
    couldnt wait!
    class phone.
    snappy and looks the business.
    big @6inch plus in the hand.
    no regrets whatsoever!

Where in park West did you get it? Was it a company or second hand?

• Advertisement

ImARebel wrote: »
    Where in park West did you get it? Was it a company or second hand?

https://www.adverts.ie/member/995428

top notch
    no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

I ordered a phone from Honorbuy on Saturday, I thought it would get shipped today but it's still saying processing. Do Honorbuy send you an email when it has shipped? I've never bought from them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Toxica wrote: »
    I ordered a phone from Honorbuy on Saturday, I thought it would get shipped today but it's still saying processing. Do Honorbuy send you an email when it has shipped? I've never bought from them before.

I bought from them in June & did receive an email when shipped.

jgbyr wrote: »
    I bought from them in June & did receive an email when shipped.

Thank you :)

Did you pay with Paypal? if so it might take a couple days for it to clear and ... also the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro you bought ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro will it get android 10 update ?.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,386 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

bassy wrote: »
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro will it get android 10 update ?.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-8-Pro-picks-up-Android-10-sort-of.445043.0.html

Did you pay with Paypal? if so it might take a couple days for it to clear and ... also the weekend

Yeah, paid with Paypal. Hopefully they'll ship it tomorrow, it says Preparation in EU warehouse right now. I'm just impatient! :o

Yeah, paid with Paypal. Hopefully they'll ship it tomorrow, it says Preparation in EU warehouse right now. I'm just impatient! :o

Hope so ðŸ™

• Advertisement

same happened me, paid friday if i recall and then i picked it up from DHL warehouse on the Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

Hi All,

Whats good with Xiaomi lately. Friend looking for an iphone 11 but fancies a Xiaomi.

HOWEVER also only wants to spend about 250 quid.

To be fair they are upgrading from an iphone 6 so anything will be magnificent.

(I'm aware nothing will come close to that spec but what is as good as can be got?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

adaephon wrote: »
    Hi All,

Whats good with Xiaomi lately. Friend looking for an iphone 11 but fancies a Xiaomi.

(I'm aware nothing will come close to that spec but what is as good as can be got?)
    xiaomi mi 9t

same happened me, paid friday if i recall and then i picked it up from DHL warehouse on the Thursday

Just got my shipping email in the last couple of hours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Anyone seen the Mi Watch Color on sale to outside China yet? Fossil died and it looks like a great WearOS option.

Just got my shipping email in the last couple of hours. :)

Thumbs up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Hi All,

my pocofone is still going well apart from the battery but thats down to my misuse and overcharging really, just ordered a realme x2 for around €270 from amazon spain and that has slightly better specs

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Hi All,

I have a realme x2 and its a serious phone. Got it from Amazon Spain. 310 including delivery.

Realme5 Pro is circa 250 I believe and from what ive read is a serious phone too. Ordered one for mother, brother, and sister in law lol. The RealmeX2 really impressed me. Good camera, crazy quick charging. Battery lasts the full day with heavy usage. great screen, decent speakers. I even quite like colourOS even though people rag on it. Some great features IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

I have a realme x2 and its a serious phone. Got it from Amazon Spain. 310 including delivery.

presume you got an eu plug? i couldnt find anywhere to ask them for a uk plug when ordering. not a dealbreaker as i still have my oneplus dash charger but still

Advertisement