Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

beardo81 wrote: »
    I've ordered 3 phones from Eglobal. First 2 arrived fine, just a little slow on delivery - around 2-3 weeks from order.

Ordered a phone on 28th November from them for Xmas and it still hasn't arrived. Their customer service are very unhelpful and will not send a refund or replacement until the shipping company confirm it is lost. I spoke to the shipping company direct 10 days ago and they've confirmed it is lost. Very frustrating, family members Xmas present too.

Just my experience but won't be using them ever again.
    Was the shipping agent dpd by any chance ???

massy086 wrote: »

didn't a few eglobal phones seem to go missing in DPD Athlone Depot there a while ago?

there was a couple / three people on boards who it happened to....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,668 ✭✭✭corks finest

glasso wrote: »
    didn't a few eglobal phones seem to go missing in DPD Athlone Depot there a while ago?

there was a couple / three people on boards who it happened to....
    Yes and AFAIK some ppl had major problems ref being refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭beardo81

massy086 wrote: »

No it was GLS. Left the Netherlands and went to the UK, a company called Parcelforce ship it from there. Was scanned as leaving but GLS Ireland can't find it and won't accept responsibility.

Opened a PayPal claim so I'm hoping it will be resolved sooner rather than later

No it was GLS. Left the Netherlands and went to the UK, a company called Parcelforce ship it from there. Was scanned as leaving but GLS Ireland can't find it and won't accept responsibility.

Opened a PayPal claim so I'm hoping it will be resolved sooner rather than later

PayPal will I reckon,takes a while but worth the wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭beardo81

PayPal will I reckon,takes a while but worth the wait

I'm hoping Eglobal will want to keep themselves in good stead with PayPal and resolve it quickly but not confident they will...

You live and learn. I was one of the people previously saying 'well I haven't had a bad experience with Eglobal yet so they're fine by me', I had 2 ok-ish purchases from them.

I really won't be buying off them again, too many decent companies out there to deal with rather than dealing with this shower.

I'm hoping Eglobal will want to keep themselves in good stead with PayPal and resolve it quickly but not confident they will...

You live and learn. I was one of the people previously saying 'well I haven't had a bad experience with Eglobal yet so they're fine by me', I had 2 ok-ish purchases from them.

I really won't be buying off them again, too many decent companies out there to deal with rather than dealing with this shower.
    Same here,I do know ppl who've had no problems with them ,but now having scoured the net,they've vv mixed reviews

eglobal are cheap and get around customs charges - that's why people buy from them, and whey they will continue to do so.

pay by paypal so if something goes wrong you will get your money back.

otherwise you can pay more - look at it as paying insurance in the extra cost for peace of mind and use say honorbuy

geekbuying european warehouses are a good middle ground - cheaper than honorbuy and faster and more reliable overall than eglobal

but don't have all the items for sale that eglobal have

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DonnieCorko

Said I would leave a message in case anyone is thinking of getting the RealMe X2 (or the Pro). Its a really good phone. Lasted from 8am until 4/5am with very heavy usage and charges ridiciously quick. Camera is decent and I actually really like colour OS and the updated one seems to be great (but not on X2 yet). Its on sale at 280 (down from 300) on Amazon Spain. Feel free to drop me a PM if anyone wants to know more or ask here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Said I would leave a message in case anyone is thinking of getting the RealMe X2 (or the Pro). Its a really good phone. Lasted from 8am until 4/5am with very heavy usage and charges ridiciously quick. Camera is decent and I actually really like colour OS and the updated one seems to be great (but not on X2 yet). Its on sale at 280 (down from 300) on Amazon Spain. Feel free to drop me a PM if anyone wants to know more or ask here

I ordered the 5 pro from Amazon. Its currently 180 (inclusive of 10% discount) on amazon spain. Note theres an 8-9 quid deliver charge too.
    Reviews are very positive of the brand and phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered the 5 pro from Amazon. Its currently 180 (inclusive of 10% discount) on amazon spain. Note theres an 8-9 quid deliver charge too.
    Reviews are very positive of the brand and phones.

who is the reseller on amazon spain?
    might go again as bitten 1st time round.
    thanks
    John

when did you order and recieve?
    thanks

seanin4711 wrote: »
    who is the reseller on amazon spain?
    might go again as bitten 1st time round.
    thanks
    John

Realme direct although Amazon do sell it themselves. I chose realme direct as they had 10%off plus vat difference with Amazon. You could get it off realme own website, Google realme Europe official, as you get a UK plug.
    I ordered on Sat, dispatched Mon from Spain with UPS. I'd say slow courier by land

when did you order and recieve?
    thanks

Think I ordered it on the 17th and arrived the 30th. Now, I reckon youd get it in 3/4 business days

Realme direct although Amazon do sell it themselves. I chose realme direct as they had 10%off plus vat difference with Amazon. You could get it off realme own website, Google realme Europe official, as you get a UK plug.
    I ordered on Sat, dispatched Mon from Spain with UPS. I'd say slow courier by land

I had a look on their website but for the life of me could not see a buy option but now i googled with the keywords you suggested I can see it :rolleyes:

amazon spain
    tempted
    221 euro
    lot of phone for the cash
    232 delivered

amazon spain
    tempted
    221 euro
    lot of phone for the cash
    I did a lot of research and its a big company. Big phone. Lots of reviews so can't be full of fake reviews. Anyone on here seems very happy with them. I think they want to break xiaomi stronghold on the "willing to go non samsumg/non apple 200-400 phone" segment now that Huawei is less of an attraction due to trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭wiz569

It's the same crowd that make OnePlus and Oppo phones afaik.

wiz569 wrote: »
    It's the same crowd that make OnePlus and Oppo phones afaik.

And vivo. ColorOS is Oppo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yep, Sub brand of Oppo (BBK). They are massive in China.
    I wasn't aware Vivo were related to them though, I thought they were their own brand.

The Realme on Amazon Spain all seem to be having some sort of sale since yesterday. If the listing is the one not on flash sale now, it might have a promo code under the listing. If not on sale now, maybe worth watching tomorrow.
    I think they are either sold by Realme or Amazon, one is on sale the other has a discount code.
    The X2 Pro 8GB/128GB was on sale for €399 earlier too.
    https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07Z5DVBTC/

• Advertisement

And vivo. ColorOS is Oppo

ColorOS is just a fork of Android OS and is developed by Oppo as opposed to being a phone manufacturer, didnt realise BKK also owned/make Vivo.

BkK is 2nd biggest manufacturer of phones in world. First is samsunf,3rd is apple. They've a few big brands in India and China especially. A lot different to standalone manufacturer e.g. Oukitel, umidigi, doogee etc.

Amazon it/es/fr/de always have 10%off on one of the sites. Seeing as realme have UK plugs, they'll prob be on UK site soon.

I've yet to see anyone with a truly negative review except eejit on Amazon who dropped it off the bed and complained that screen cracked.

ColorOS is just a fork of Android OS and is developed by Oppo as opposed to being a phone manufacturer, didnt realise BKK also owned/make Vivo.
    Few seem to hate ColorOS tho you can remove bloatware with few easy ADB steps via Google.

Few seem to hate ColorOS tho you can remove bloatware with few easy ADB steps via Google.

Haven't used it in a few years, had a port of it on an earlier xiaomi phone and liked it TBH, will probably go for the X2 pro so will get to play around with it again :-)

I see if you unlock the bootloader on the X2 it changes the DRM widevine to L3 and fingerprint scanner no longer works.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Amazon it/es/fr/de always have 10%off on one of the sites. Seeing as realme have UK plugs, they'll prob be on UK site soon.
    I've yet to see anyone with a truly negative review except eejit on Amazon who dropped it off the bed and complained that screen cracked.
    Yep, they are already big in Germany and France, I guess Spain and don't know about Italy. I know a lot of people in France and Germany with a Realme. In one large company in particular, they spread like wildfire through word of mouth, in Germany (a lot of them laid off before Christmas :eek: )
    Realme OS updates on most?
    I have blocked updates for a few reasons on mine, but I believe my next update,if I were to unblock, is Realme OS. Still pretty easy to remove bloatware. I don't believe they went the same route as Xiaomi (yet) with ads and requiring root for much of it. I've yet to try Realme OS.
    Haven't used it in a few years, had a port of it on an earlier xiaomi phone and liked it TBH, will probably go for the X2 pro so will get to play around with it again :-)

I see if you unlock the bootloader on the X2 it changes the DRM widevine to L3 and fingerprint scanner no longer works.
    That may have been a result of a few Chinese devices already spoofing Widevine L3 amongst other things.
    It would not be a good idea for them to allow the licence to remain with that unlocked. Many companies banned by streaming companies in China, still get around it, but not any phone manufacturers (that I have heard of).

anyone deal with these guys ?
    redmi note 8 pro 128 gb for 260 based in parkwest dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

anyone deal with these guys ?
    redmi note 8 pro 128 gb for 260 based in parkwest dublin 12.

Decent phone for the price (i have the mi 9 T)

You have an address and a phone number, can you collect it from parkwest? Seems legit to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Over the last couple of months my phone has restarted for no reason. So when I check the phone it's looking for the pin.

It happen before the miui 11.0 update and has happened since.

This happen to anyone else? Bit annoying, have missed a few important calls because of it!!

Any ideas? I can't see any apps causing it and a lose battery would make it happen more frequently than this (once or twice a week)

BKWDR wrote: »
    Decent phone for the price (i have the mi 9 T)

You have an address and a phone number, can you collect it from parkwest? Seems legit to me

went for it €255 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Did they confirm it was in stock? When will you get it?

Advertisement