Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,930 ✭✭✭✭GBX

A phone I ordered sept 30 arrived today. A few reminder emails were needed to eglobal and to their courier to get it over the line.
    This type of timeline is not unusual from what I have read on here and elsewhere.
    As has been said plenty of times, they tend to be the cheapest for a reason.

Yeah there grand. Just need to be patient. Honorbuy are quickest but Eglobal cheaper on some but not if you're in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Looking to pull the trigger on this Honor Play for my son for Christmas.

Any thoughts on it, all reviews seem fine. Can't seem to find it on eglobal or honorbuy or the likes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Should I be concerned about my eglobal phone being shipped from Hong Kong despite me ordering the Global Version?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anyone ever have any problems with buying off Honorbuy i used them before no problem ordered a phone yesterday evening went to check the order today and the website is down:(

crasy dash wrote: »
    Anyone ever have any problems with buying off Honorbuy i used them before no problem ordered a phone yesterday evening went to check the order today and the website is down:(

Never had an issue with them at all. Hopefully it'll get sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

kiddums wrote: »
    Should I be concerned about my eglobal phone being shipped from Hong Kong despite me ordering the Global Version?

No

GBX wrote: »
    Never had an issue with them at all. Hopefully it'll get sorted.

Website back up and running this morning so hopefully i get the phone in the next 2-3days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Would anyone recommend a good seller for a OnePlus 7t 128gb. unsure who to buy from cheers

massy086 wrote: »
    Would anyone recommend a good seller for a OnePlus 7t 128gb. unsure who to buy from cheers

I trust honorbuy ordered 3 xiaomi phones previously in stock in europe so delivered within 2-3 day.
    No customs charge might be slightly more expensive than others but they accept Paypal so any problems and you just contact Paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

My wife just ordered the 7T pro from OnePlus website,she ordered Thursday night and it's sitting in dhl since Saturday morning, would have been delivered today only for the bank holiday.

• Advertisement

I trust honorbuy ordered 3 xiaomi phones previously in stock in europe so delivered within 2-3 day.
    No customs charge might be slightly more expensive than others but they accept Paypal so any problems and you just contact Paypal.

IV bought my last 3 phones from honourbuy.they are out of stock of the 7t

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Ordered a phone last Monday from these on eBay

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ie%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223701210600

Item was shipped on Friday but no update when I check tracking history.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hi, just looking for some info. I'm interested in buying a 'phone from Honorbuy, a Xiaomi Mi 9, but there are various options available, one being the global version. What does this mean and secondly, are all purchases from Honorbuy free of tariffs and based in the EU or is there something which identifies which are and which are not.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭morritty

Website back up and running this morning so hopefully i get the phone in the next 2-3days:)

I ordered on Friday, got shipping notification at lunch time and it looks like I should have mine delivered tomorrow.

morritty wrote: »
    I ordered on Friday, got shipping notification at lunch time and it looks like I should have mine delivered tomorrow.

Got a dispatch email during the night and my phone was delivered before 3 this evening under a day delivery from Italy well worth the extra money using Honorbuy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Got a dispatch email during the night and my phone was delivered before 3 this evening under a day delivery from Italy well worth the extra money using Honorbuy.

Couldn't agree more. Great service what you go for in the end? Rocking the Redmi note 8 pro

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Great service what you go for in the end? Rocking the Redmi note 8 pro

Went for a Redmi Note 8 4/128 in the end.
    Unfortunately between myself and the kids I have a habit of breaking the screens on any phone I buy.
    This is an upgrade on a Redmi note 5 very happy so went for the nilkin case it's very good quality and a steal at about 5euro.

Can anyone recommend a customs free AliExpress seller for a OnePlus 7t cheers all

Can anyone recommend a customs free AliExpress seller for a OnePlus 7t cheers all

Is there a reason you wont buy from the OnePlus website? No customs fee involved.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Is there a reason you wont buy from the OnePlus website? No customs fee involved.
    €425 AliExpress OnePlus.com €599.that is the reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Twister2

I've got a redmi 7a on the way now at €66 euro +_delivery can't go wrong

Only thing I didn't notice until after was it doesnt have GG like the redmi 7 I ordered recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

I sent my samsung s8 for "repair" and it came back rooted.

Fed up with AIB/Sky not working so thinking of taking the plunge for a decent replacement.

Do these phones typically come with stock Android? will i have any issue with certain Apps?

Lastly what would be a good step up from my S8?

eoinf wrote: »
    I sent my samsung s8 for "repair" and it came back rooted.

Fed up with AIB/Sky not working so thinking of taking the plunge for a decent replacement.

Do these phones typically come with stock Android? will i have any issue with certain Apps?

Lastly what would be a good step up from my S8?

Which phones? "Chinese android" is a loosely used term for phones originating in Asia. Where most phones (Samsung/Huawei etc also come from).
    No, not all phones come with stock android. If you are looking for this, look at Android one phones - although there are not a huge amount of phones that come with this.

A good step up depends on how much you are looking to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

GBX wrote: »
    Which phones? "Chinese android" is a loosely used term for phones originating in Asia. Where most phones (Samsung/Huawei etc also come from).
    No, not all phones come with stock android. If you are looking for this, look at Android one phones - although there are not a huge amount of phones that come with this.

A good step up depends on how much you are looking to spend.

Stock android might be the wrong term for me to use.

My only concern is if they come rooted or not. As i'm having a mare unrooting my Samsung S8.

Specifically Xiaomi phones the Pocophone or the Mi9t Pro.

My only concern is if they come rooted or not. As i'm having a mare unrooting my Samsung S8.

No, you would have to manually root them yourself.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,215 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

The pocophone comes with MIUI which is xiaomis android version.

i came from the xiamoi A1 which was an android one phone, and the cross over isnt overly diffficult. I have the poco launcher as my main launcher, i had fierce trouble trying to remove the google search bar from the home page.

apart from that, no problems at all.

That's a good enough reason I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭xtal191

Decent enough price

https://www.honorbuy.com/1766-oneplus-7t-8gb-256gb-global-rom-blue.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Wait for 11.11 the 128GB drops to €395 and the 256GB drops to €421
    Or
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ERL11dmx
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/lCCJQTFQb

It drops to €310 (by removing the cashback) for the 128GB version and €337 for the 256GB.
    Cashback shopbuddies (remove adblock and don't put in the basket otherwise it does not work)
    US $ 465.49 16% discount | Global ROM OnePlus 7T 7T 8GB RAM 128GB ROM Mobile Phone Snapdragon 855 Plus Octa Core 6.55 "Screen 48MP Triple NFC Camera.

Bit of messing around but even with vat it is a great price. I don't use cashback sites so I can't help with any questions. I plan on getting around to using them but haven't yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

I smashed the screen on my mi a2 when it fell out of my pocket so looking for a replacement in the 2-300 range.
    I see the A3 is less than 200 at the moment.
    Is the jump to a 9t worth the extra 120 do ye reckon?
    Been pretty happy with the a2 performance wise bar the odd stutter

Advertisement