Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Was looking at getting the Redmi Note 8 pro global. Coming from iPhone so note sure what to go for.

Can someone recommend some phones that would be similar spec to Redmi Note pro 8? Budget is €200-250. Would like a good camera and nice screen resolution.

Looking at getting it from Honorbuy also, from reading this thread it seems to be the most popular and also ships from Europe which is great. I see that it 8 pro also has 4G B2 so all bands will work in Ireland. Can you flash Android 9 onto these phones to remove bloatware or are they ok to leave on pre-installed OS?

Any help would be great.
    BobbyT28

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I have the redmi note 4. Is it worth upgrading to the 5? Is 5 even the latest one?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I have the redmi note 4. Is it worth upgrading to the 5? Is 5 even the latest one?
    Thanks

Latest redmi note is the 8

I have the 6 and wife the 7. Both amazing phones

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    Was looking at getting the Redmi Note 8 pro global. Coming from iPhone so note sure what to go for.

Can someone recommend some phones that would be similar spec to Redmi Note pro 8? Budget is €200-250. Would like a good camera and nice screen resolution.

Looking at getting it from Honorbuy also, from reading this thread it seems to be the most popular and also ships from Europe which is great. I see that it 8 pro also has 4G B2 so all bands will work in Ireland. Can you flash Android 9 onto these phones to remove bloatware or are they ok to leave on pre-installed OS?

Any help would be great.
    BobbyT28

Forgot to mention, would like for the phone to have NFC but not a deal breaker

in2dark wrote: »
    Latest redmi note is the 8

I have the 6 and wife the 7. Both amazing phones

Wow. Moved on quite a bit so! Where did you purchase from?

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention, would like for the phone to have NFC but not a deal breaker

Redmis i think dont have nfc

Wow. Moved on quite a bit so! Where did you purchase from?

Mainly im buying from banggood
    Rarely from gearbest, never from ali
    This is because of postage options the first two offer

Nice one. Il check them out

Nice one. Il check them out

You might want to check the coupons the chinese shops have available on a daily basis...

https://www.kimovil.com/en/special/dailydeals

This is where i find some good deals every time Im looking for a phone.

Not always real bargain but to have it in your radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Have you used EU priority line shipping from banggood at all?

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Have you used EU priority line shipping from banggood at all?

Only eu priority i use.... ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Redmis i think dont have nfc

The note 8 pro does. Not sure about the note 8.

Im waiting on the release of the Global Version of the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Only eu priority i use.... ;-)

Any delivery issues, presume it bypasses customs?

Looking at a mi 9t pro there at under €300, seriously cheap

But read reviews on the EU delivery method and a lot of complaints of long delivery times

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Magic ]=)

Anyone have ordered from Geekbuying recently ? I see they still offer EU warehouse shipping

But read reviews on the EU delivery method and a lot of complaints of long delivery times

As i said... Mainly banggood is my experience, 3 phones so far. All eu priority. No issues whatsoever.
    Delivery takes approx 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭smilerf

I use honorbuy. Fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I find banggood closest to amazon in China in terms of fulfilling warranties.
    Closest. They've still a long way to go to be anything like them though. Joybuy are good also.

I have had so many issues with their (Banggood) EU direct that I use normal shipping and tick 'tariff insurance'. So far it hasn't got stopped when doing that, but if it does I will get refunded.

I have found them quite fast using that, except for my most recent order almost 3 weeks ago. I'm wondering if it is anything to do with the happenings in Hong Kong. I normally get the items in two weeks or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Have you a link for 9tpro under 300???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

massy086 wrote: »
    Have you a link for 9tpro under 300???

https://www.kimovil.com/to/special/FXcFKX

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

bassy wrote: »
    Cheers for that I'm looking for the 128gb model but I'll look at the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Hi lads. Currently got samsung s8. Battery starting to act up so time for a change.

Would prefer to move to a dual sim. Ill be using it as an all rounder really. Office work and i like to play the odd game or two also.

Budget would be up at 500.

Hi lads. Currently got samsung s8. Battery starting to act up so time for a change.

Would prefer to move to a dual sim. Ill be using it as an all rounder really. Office work and i like to play the odd game or two also.

Budget would be up at 500.
    Asus ROG?

They are also running a promotion at the moment in Germany and you could use mailboxde or mygermany to forward it here.
    It may be possible to include the gamepad, requires google/bing translator

Promotion from 16th to the 31st of October while stocks last.
    I couldn't find the promotion on the UK site.

Roughly €410 delivered using mailboxde.
    https://event.asus.com/edm/edmimages/1570811806476/edm.htm
    Hi ,

We want to say thank you and have reserved an exclusive offer as part of the Republic of Gamers Community!

Our ROG Phone 8/128 GB is available from 16 to 31 October for only 399,00 € in the ASUS eShop, only while stocks last.

So you can redeem the offer:
    Put the ROG Phone 8/128 GB in the shopping cart and add the special promotion code ROGFANEU.

The promo is only for ROG fans.
    Thank you for being part of the Republic of Gamers!

Your ASUS ROG team

https://eshop.asus.com/de-DE/rog-phone/rog-phone/smartphone-asus-rog-phone-zs600kl-1a032eu-1.html

Android 9 update was allegedly announced according to various sources, but it will take some time.
    The last update is from 3.9.19 and after that, the boot loader is open and kernel source code released:
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Phone/ROG-Phone/HelpDesk_Download/

Also on Spanish site
    https://eshop.asus.com/es-ES/smartphones/smartphone-asus-rog-phone-zs600kl-1a032eu-1.html

Ending up going with Redmi Note 8 pro - Global edition. €253 - €5 discount. Went with this as it has NFC. Hope I like it now! :-)

Any received there Redmi Note 8 Pro yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Ending up going with Redmi Note 8 pro - Global edition. €253 - €5 discount. Went with this as it has NFC. Hope I like it now! :-)

Any received there Redmi Note 8 Pro yet?

I ordered one from eglobal central on sept 30. It is still floating around between couriers. Hopefully will arrive this week. I’ll post some details once I get it.

Bought the Redmi note 8 pro for somebody else from amazon Germany €229.
    It arrived today to their address.

I ordered one from eglobal central on sept 30. It is still floating around between couriers. Hopefully will arrive this week. I’ll post some details once I get it.

I orders from honorbuy at 05:30 this morning and just got a DHL tracking number and confirmation that it will be delivered tomorrow morning ! Now that’s quick!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

I orders from honorbuy at 05:30 this morning and just got a DHL tracking number and confirmation that it will be delivered tomorrow morning ! Now that’s quick!!!!

Honorbuy are very good alright. They were 50 euro more expensive than eglobal though so that swung it for me!

Honorbuy are very good alright. They were 50 euro more expensive than eglobal though so that swung it for me!

The Redmi was the same price on eglobal and honorbuy when I ordere last night, here’s the Here the link to the Redmi on eglobal site i looked at. https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-redmi-note-8-pro-6gb-64gb-dual-sim-grey-1.html

I used honorbuy as I believe eglobal ship from China (I could be wrong) where as honorbuy have eu warehouses and no issues with customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭sioda

Eglobal have a Europe warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

sioda wrote: »
    Eglobal have a Europe warehouse

They do indeed. But Honorbuy are usually the fastest at delivery. Comes down to whether somebody prefers to have the phone cheaper and can wait (EGlobal - Usually delivers in 6-8 working days) or needs it sooner.

Advertisement