Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Quick question do you guys think I have over priced my ad or left something out? Not a sniff since its up not even the standard adverts.ie offer of half of what Im looking for :pac:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite/18802970

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Quick question do you guys think I have over priced my ad or left something out? Not a sniff since its up not even the standard adverts.ie offer of half of what Im looking for :pac:

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite/18802970

yeah its over priced.

you can pick up a brand new one for just €18 extra delivered:

https://www.dx.com/p/xiaomi-a2-lite-android-phone-with-4gb-ram-64gb-rom-gold-2057514?tc=EUR&ta=IE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjeKfrM_X5AIVTamaCh2Lkgf3EAkYBSABEgKk4vD_BwE#.XYCx_yg2qUl

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Heads up to anyone biting, it WAS a bargain until I got slapped with a surprise 37 euro charge from DHL @the door. No advance notice either, grrrrrr.

Was my first time dealing with Chinavision as well, not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Heads up to anyone biting, it WAS a bargain until I got slapped with a surprise 37 euro charge from DHL @the door. No advance notice either, grrrrrr.

You were buying outside of the EU so subject to duty as it was over €22.
    https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/buying-of-goods-online-for-personal-use/buying-goods-from-outside-the-eu.aspx
    Some items get through customs but electrical items generally don't. Nothing to do with Chinavision that you got charged. - they have it in their FAQ's https://www.chinavasion.com/faq.html#taxes

DHL and other couriers add their handling fee which bump up the cost of handing it over.

• Advertisement

Well, I know that now.
    Since it was listed as a "bargain" here, others might also be unaware of the big cost bump when all is said and done.

My dissatisfaction with CV was not limited to this: order took nine days to even leave China, and despite contacting them to see what the issue was, I had no response til I involved paypal. Then they apologized . Now, opening the phone, I see they have sent the wrong charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Well, I know that now.
    Since it was listed as a "bargain" here, others might also be unaware of the big cost bump when all is said and done.

My dissatisfaction with CV was not limited to this: order took nine days to even leave China, and despite contacting them to see what the issue was, I had no response til I involved paypal. Then they apologized . Now, opening the phone, I see they have sent the wrong charger.
    why is the charger wrong???

massy086 wrote: »
    why is the charger wrong???

Exactly its a phone sold in the Chinese market - unless otherwise specified or requested, I would not expect a phone to be shipped with an Irish/UK plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭granturismo

GBX wrote: »
    Exactly its a phone sold in the Chinese market - unless otherwise specified or requested, I would not expect a phone to be shipped with an Irish/UK plug.

All our orders from Bangood, including 3 phones, have included a Chinese to 3 pin adaptor.

All our orders from Bangood, including 3 phones, have included a Chinese to 3 pin adaptor.

I've received both plugs - but some send them some don't. As I said, id have asked if the 3 pin plug would be included if I needed it to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Well, I know that now.

"Potential Bargain' is how it was phrased, potentially a bargain ( if you don't get nabbed for vat etc. ) :D

Could still be a bargain even with the 37 euro added on to the advertised price too though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sounds like the unexpected charge was more annoying than the overal price.
    DHL have a €15 charge for handling that has nothing to do with VAT department etc.
    Sound like they overcharged by around €2.
    But still at €117 for that phone incl. delivery it's not a bad price. How are you finding the phone itself once the unexpected extra charge effect wears off?
    You can also buy a two to three pin adaptor in dealz. I have around 15 of them for Chinese products that I have bought.

I have even bought a few two pin plugs because they are so good, and bought adaptors for them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

https://www.androidauthority.com/redmi-note-8-pro-price-release-date-availability-1032352/

Thoughts?
    Would that work here and have the play store on it? Or should I wait longer?

There are now what looks like two small chips in the glass screen, although I am perplexed as they don't feel chipped and since I haven't moved the device off the sofa since I opened it, I can't understand what's happened :confused::(
    Possible the glass is so sensitive that a ring or something caused a nick? Mad.

As for the plug, you have the option to choose which one you want before purchase, I ticked uK, but got sent Eu.

Just a bit bummed, and the final price was not 117, it was 133.

I really like bargains (who doesn't) so think I am more annoyed by feeling I didn't manage to snag one in this instance, lol. You win some, you lose some....

Suckit wrote: »
    Sounds like the unexpected charge was more annoying than the overal price.

yes, the shock of it for sure, but the delivery man said they were meant to have advised me of it via text before delivery---he was annoyed too when he saw I hadn't been given any advance notice as now he had to be the messenger :p

kiddums wrote: »
    https://www.androidauthority.com/redmi-note-8-pro-price-release-date-availability-1032352/

Thoughts?
    It should work here.

There are now what looks like two small chips in the glass screen, although I am perplexed as they don't feel chipped and since I haven't moved the device off the sofa since I opened it, I can't understand what's happened :confused::(
    Possible the glass is so sensitive that a ring or something caused a nick?

Could you photo the nicks?
    Plug - When you ask for UK, they normally send and EU plug with a crappy adaptor.

Have you taken the plastic off the screen? they can get marked and make it look damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭T-Bird

kiddums wrote: »

Thoughts?

AFAIK, the global version is a few months away yet. I have been following a few videos since it's release and they have varied opinions re the chip overheating and camera quality.

I had wondered what was the duo and the pro global story, glanced at that and saw Spain, They (with the exception of band 7) are almost identical to us. Unless 4G isn't an issue there I can't see why they would sell it.

Who know why they do. There's obviously a market. A lot of those in Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Torsevt

https://m.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Pro-3-X651-5_5-Inch-AI-Dual-Rear-Camera-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-X23-Deca-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1281035.html

Would these be laying on the shelf with a dead battery?

Not a bad price for them, no updates or anything android 6 ,delivered from Spain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Can any of you kind folks recommend me a phone and seller that's an upgrade from Galaxy S8?

Thanksssss

GeneralC wrote: »
    Can any of you kind folks recommend me a phone and seller that's an upgrade from Galaxy S8?

Thanksssss
    What's your budget?

There are quite a few alternatives.

There are a few that would be priced much cheaper. But may not be what you're looking for etc.
    Camera or gaming may be more important to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

My MI9T just arrived - im very pleased so far, backed up in minuets from the mi cloud, and not 1 issue.

The camera is AMAZING, and the pop up selfie cam is a cool gimmick (but also well thought out)

Happy chap - except I got done for €70 at customs! Not the phones fault however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭GeneralC

Suckit wrote: »
    What's your budget?

There are quite a few alternatives.

There are a few that would be priced much cheaper. But may not be what you're looking for etc.
    Camera or gaming may be more important to you.

Around €300 max.

I just do general Webbrowsing, YouTube, e-mail on it. Rarely play games tbh

Torsevt wrote: »
    https://m.banggood.com/LeTV-LeEco-Le-Pro-3-X651-5_5-Inch-AI-Dual-Rear-Camera-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-X23-Deca-Core-4G-Smartphone-p-1281035.html

Would these be laying on the shelf with a dead battery?

Not a bad price for them, no updates or anything android 6 ,delivered from Spain

From what I remember people on here loved them, the batteries will have a half charge so best charge it before using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Torsevt

From what I remember people on here loved them, the batteries will have a half charge so best charge it before using it.

Ya I always wanted a leeco, not bad at that price

Torsevt wrote: »
    Ya I always wanted a leeco, not bad at that price

Out of stock though :pac:

I think I saw them on geekbuying and somewhere else a bit back. Well worth it at the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Not the Snapdragon 820 version though, issues with that chip if i remember right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

MIUI 11 to be launched with the redmi note 8 pro global in India on the 16th.

https://www.google.ie/m?q=redmi+note+8+pro+global&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1

Advertisement