Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

My Xiaomi Mi A1 feel out of my pocket on an amusement ride and so the screen is fairly shattered, decided I'll upgrade to a new phone. Completely out of the loop since I bought the Mi A1 a few years back, any recommendations? Ideally I'd like to stick with the A range for stock Android but reading the A2 doesn't have headphone jack and the new A3 has a 720p screen :(. So i'm willing to try a different Xiaomi range but preferably one that doesn't require alot of work or technical meddling to get going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Moto G7 series have pretty much got pure Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

What is the soonest I could have a redmi note 7 at my door? My phone broke yesterday. I had a Redmi Note 5

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What is the soonest I could have a redmi note 7 at my door? My phone broke yesterday. I had a Redmi Note 5

If you order from Honorbuy today you'd likely have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

GBX wrote: »
    If you order from Honorbuy today you'd likely have it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Honorbuy are class through EU priority. Only delay I experienced was down to paying through PayPal which I think took a day or two to clear for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Amazon will be quick if you are a prime member

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

A few on adverts if you are in a hurry!

eamonnq wrote: »
    A few on adverts if you are in a hurry!

With zero comeback if anything happens.
    I would order from a reputable store. You would even have a better chance getting a warranty from a startup Chinese store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

I meant from one of the stores that use adverts, I am assuming though that they would provide and honour a warranty.

https://www.adverts.ie/member/1673323/ads

https://www.adverts.ie/shops/ggsendit/mobile-phones-accessories/185

Those sort of sellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I have a redmi note 5. If I wanted to upgrade to something with a better camera what would be the recommendation's?

I don't mind spending a bit extra for a better camera

• Advertisement

ImARebel wrote: »
    I have a redmi note 5. If I wanted to upgrade to something with a better camera what would be the recommendation's?

I don't mind spending a bit extra for a better camera

The camera on the Moto G7 Plus is very good for around €250 delivered from amazon Spain or France.

Google camera available for it on xda.

Not a lot came close to it's camera in it's price range when it was released around March and still in June/July I think was last time I checked.
    The Pixel 3A has an amazing camera for around €430. Weirdly it was available for around €350 initially and then jumped up. But if wiling to pay that, then that would be the camera/phone to go for.

Suckit wrote: »
    The camera on the Moto G7 Plus is very good for around €250 delivered from amazon Spain or France.

Google camera available for it on xda.

Not a lot came close to it's camera in it's price range when it was released around March and still in June/July I think was last time I checked.
    The Pixel 3A has an amazing camera for around €430. Weirdly it was available for around €350 initially and then jumped up. But if wiling to pay that, then that would be the camera/phone to go for.

Cheers for that. 350 was my max spend. I had a Samsung note 4 which I'm now still carrying around to take photos with.

I know I won't get anything that good for 350 but I def would like something better than the redmi note 5. Nothing majorly wrong with it but the difference in quality on the photos is hugely noticeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MSGSM

Looking for a new phone for Dad. Currently has a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Looking for a better camera and all round phone. Thinking Redmi Note 7, Pocophone F1 or 9T
    Any suggestions?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

On my third Xiaomi phone in as many years. They all laughed at me at first. Now many have the same phone.

Anyway. Anyone bought a Xiaomi mipad? I could do with a tablet and wondering if anyone has any experience with their offering?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Blueshoe wrote: »
    On my third Xiaomi phone in as many years. They all laughed at me at first. Now many have the same phone.

Anyway. Anyone bought a Xiaomi mipad? I could do with a tablet and wondering if anyone has any experience with their offering?

your 3rd in 3 years,does not sound great or maybe your one of these ones that likes the newest phone out...…………..

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

MSGSM wrote: »
    Looking for a new phone for Dad. Currently has a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6. Looking for a better camera and all round phone. Thinking Redmi Note 7, Pocophone F1 or 9T
    Any suggestions?

All three are great. 9T is the winner when it comes to camera, poco when it comes to games, note 7 is just cool and cheaper than the other 2

bassy wrote: »
    your 3rd in 3 years,does not sound great or maybe your one of these ones that likes the newest phone out...…………..

No I get the same version each time. I don't really mind phones and they get worn of damaged so I replace each year. Still work fine but they are cheap to buy in comparison but a great phone too.

No word on the mipad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Just got the mi pad 4 8" - only have it a week- got from honorbuy.

Really like it - runs lovely - haven't played much on it but will give it a go over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Dropped my Xiaomi A2 lite :eek: ......Didnt break :D They really are made better these days.

• Advertisement

I thought i read something last week about eGlobal shipping being delayed, I've not used them before but was thinking of it, but I can't find where I read about the delays, or if they are still happening. has anyone ordere recently and received from them?

jinkybhoy wrote: »
    Just got the mi pad 4 8" - only have it a week- got from honorbuy.

Really like it - runs lovely - haven't played much on it but will give it a go over the weekend.

How did it go? Worth a purchase?

No word on the mipad ?

Def recommend getting one. I got one on honourbuy with Google play store already on it. Highly recommended for the money. Think I put a link somewhere on boards to the one I got. I'll see can I find it for you

Found it

https://www.honorbuy.com/1469-xiaomi-mi-pad-4-64gb-tablet-black.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Suckit wrote: »
    I thought i read something last week about eGlobal shipping being delayed, I've not used them before but was thinking of it, but I can't find where I read about the delays, or if they are still happening. has anyone ordere recently and received from them?

Ordered a phone (Remi Note 7) last Thursday from eGlobal, was at my work address on Monday. Can't complain, they're my new go to now.

It shipped from the UK FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Kilboor wrote:
    Ordered a phone (Remi Note 7) last Thursday from eGlobal, was at my work address on Monday. Can't complain, they're my new go to now.

Do eGlobal offer any support if you have a problem with a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

Kilboor wrote:

Do eGlobal offer any support if you have a problem with a phone?

No clue sorry!

Kilboor wrote: »

It shipped from the UK FYI

Thanks, I found the 'thread' it was a comment that expanded and not a thread. A few people had issues with them in the past two weeks, but no mention where they were. I ordered anyway, but will use them sparingly, as I have a feeling they may be related to the other crowd (Shenzhen Globalegrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Got another store added to my blacklist

'Mi Global store' on aliexpress

Paid for a new xiaomi phone, sent me a used/refurbished one. It was sealed in plastic as I requested as didn't want a custom rom flashed on it, but the box,phone, accessories are dirty and obviously used before. Theres even fingerprints and red glitter??? on the included tpu case inside in the box. Possibly had a screen replacement as there is some white material visible in the gap between screen and frame. So many obvious signs of usage. I don't mind this practice of sending refurbs without mentioning it if the phone is out a long time or priced cheaper than it should, but I paid over the RRP in China and its only out around 2 months. Checked taobao and there are sellers selling refurbs of this for around 20 euro cheaper than the official price. The seller could still have paid full rrp for a new one and made profit but was greedy and is providing refurbs.

Don't be fooled into thinking something is automatically new just because it has plastic wrapped around it. Resealing is the most common technique used by refurbishers to trick people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

My Xiaomi A2 lite 4GB is up on adverts if anyone knows somebody looking, 100 euro boardsie special :)

Advertisement