Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Stopped dieting for a good month I'm afraid to weight myself.
    Started eating right again today. If you could sell will power you'd be a millionaire.
    Some of your weight losses are brilliant well done!

iamtony wrote: »
    Stopped dieting for a good month I'm afraid to weight myself.
    Started eating right again today. If you could sell will power you'd be a millionaire.
    Some of your weight losses are brilliant well done!

Bit the bullet and weighed in this morning. Up 1.4 kg since the 1st of August leaving me at 100.4 kg still down overall and hopefully will see quick losses to get me back on track.

Up to 91.5 again this morning but I have been bad for a week. Burrito for lunch today and then back on the diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Monday Weigh in
    Week 1 118 KG
    Week 2 114 KG
    Week 3 112 KG
    Week 4 111 KG
    Week 5 110 KG
    Week 6 110 KG
    Week 7 110 KG
    Week 8 108 KG

got the dial moving again
    Very happy with that

Back down to 89.7 today. 9 weeks to the wedding. Gonna have to work hard to get down to 82 in time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Hi there,

Recently jumped to 105kg after holidays. Got down to 101.5, but then had few days down the country....

Back training after a spotty record in last two months. And enjoying it.

Not particularly dieting, more cleaning eating. But my word the treats can be so tempting...

Best man at a wedding in 3 weeks and my sisters wedding in 4. Fingers crossed I can lose some of the double chin....

Monday Weigh in
    Week 1 118 KG
    Week 2 114 KG
    Week 3 112 KG
    Week 4 111 KG
    Week 5 110 KG
    Week 6 110 KG
    Week 7 110 KG
    Week 8 108 KG

got the dial moving again
    Very happy with that
    10 kg in 8 weeks is amazing I'm shocked I'm the first to congratulate. I would of done it sooner but haven't tuned in. That's 22lbs of fat or 44 packs of 8 Kearns sausages(best sausages in the world) stacked on top of each other or a full bag of potatoes, I'd say you feel great.

Back down to 89.7 today. 9 weeks to the wedding. Gonna have to work hard to get down to 82 in time.
    I'd say even loosing 5kg will make all the difference. Best of luck, you've done great. I've fallen off the wagon again as I'm sure many of the non responders on this thread have also. I personally love giving meself excuses to order food and drink and blame everyone else but the truth is its my own fault. 8 weeks after a health scary I'm basically the same weight I was when I started. I do know I'm damaging myself but it's still not enough for me to cop on. I don't know what I'm waiting for, maybe a heart attack, I haven't decided yet!

Hi there,

Recently jumped to 105kg after holidays. Got down to 101.5, but then had few days down the country....

Back training after a spotty record in last two months. And enjoying it.

Not particularly dieting, more cleaning eating. But my word the treats can be so tempting...

Best man at a wedding in 3 weeks and my sisters wedding in 4. Fingers crossed I can lose some of the double chin....
    Everyone is dieting, be it good dieting or bad dieting, people need to get that word as meaning starving yourself or something out of their head. Eating clean is good dieting well done.

iamtony wrote:
    I'd say even loosing 5kg will make all the difference. Best of luck, you've done great. I've fallen off the wagon again as I'm sure many of the non responders on this thread have also. I personally love giving meself excuses to order food and drink and blame everyone else but the truth is its my own fault. 8 weeks after a health scary I'm basically the same weight I was when I started. I do know I'm damaging myself but it's still not enough for me to cop on. I don't know what I'm waiting for, maybe a heart attack, I haven't decided yet!

Don't lose faith man. You want to do change and know its up to you....and that's half the battle. If you ever need a non judgmental pep talk or even just an ear, send me a pm.

We are all here for each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

2 weeks since last checked but down to 14 6 1/2

Hopefully I can curtail the drinking sessions and kick on for the next few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Week 1 - 91
    Week 8 - 93

Birthday season, weekend sessions, the fleadh.

Could be worse. No excuses moving forwards.

15st 10lbs
    15st
    14st 12lbs
    15st 2lbs
    14st 10lbs
    14st 9lbs
    14st 6.5lbs

Hovered around 14 9 for about 3 weeks so great to get below that this week. Back playing a bit of football but as a result not getting to the gym as often. Out of action for the next 10 days with an injury so gona need to be good

Week 1 - 91
    Week 9 - 93.7 (good bit of water weight).

8 week cut starts today, expecting to get down to 85 or so.

Monday Weigh in
    Week 1 118 KG
    Week 2 114 KG
    Week 3 112 KG
    Week 4 111 KG
    Week 5 110 KG
    Week 6 110 KG
    Week 7 110 KG
    Week 8 108 KG
    Week 9 107 KG

really happy the weight is dropping again
    Starting to feel the benefits of the personal training now as well , in regards to energy levels etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Monday Weigh in
    Week 1 118 KG
    Week 2 114 KG
    Week 3 112 KG
    Week 4 111 KG
    Week 5 110 KG
    Week 6 110 KG
    Week 7 110 KG
    Week 8 108 KG
    Week 9 107 KG

really happy the weight is dropping again
    Starting to feel the benefits of the personal training now as well , in regards to energy levels etc.

Well done! That's nearly 2 stone!!

Week 1: 86.2kg
    Week 2: 83.9kg
    Week 3: Forgot
    Week 4: 83.3kg
    Week 5: 83.6kg
    Week 6: Conveniently "forgot" to weigh myself after a stag
    Week 7: 82.3kg
    Week 8: Didn't weigh
    Week 9: 83.9kg

UH OH

Fell off the wagon the last 2 weeks
    Back on it from today

Monday Weigh in
    Week 1 118 KG
    Week 2 114 KG
    Week 3 112 KG
    Week 4 111 KG
    Week 5 110 KG
    Week 6 110 KG
    Week 7 110 KG
    Week 8 108 KG
    Week 9 107 KG
    Week 10 109 KG

birthday celebrations this week meant a lot of restaurants and Pubs last week
    back on the wagon this morning.

Week 1: 86.2kg
    Week 2: 83.9kg
    Week 3: Forgot
    Week 4: 83.3kg
    Week 5: 83.6kg
    Week 6: Conveniently "forgot" to weigh myself after a stag
    Week 7: 82.3kg
    Week 8: Didn't weigh
    Week 9: 83.9kg
    Week 10: 83.3kg

I was out twice over weekend so I'm happy enough.
    Holidays next week, all inclusive, this isn't going to go well!

I gotta say green bean salad for lunch today is a lot harder to enjoy when I still have memories of Beef Tongue Scotch egg and Beef heart Tartare with Sourdough toast from yesterdays lunch !

• Advertisement

Weighed in at 87.5 on Friday. Like a gobsh!te I then went out to celebrate over the weekend. 88.9 today.

15st 10lbs
    15st
    14st 12lbs
    15st 2lbs
    14st 10lbs
    14st 9lbs
    14st 6.5lbs
    14st 5lbs

Definitely thought I'd be up after the past two weeks, had birthday and christening with all the works so happy to still be moving in the right direction. Back training after an injury as well so hope to kick on over the next few weeks

Week 1 - 91 kg
    Week 9 - 93.7
    Week 10 - 90

Lots of water weight lost.

Now training twice a week.

Calories restricted to 1500-1800 net

Saturday's I eat / drink what I want

redzerdrog wrote: »
    15st 10lbs
    15st
    14st 12lbs
    15st 2lbs
    14st 10lbs
    14st 9lbs
    14st 6.5lbs
    14st 5lbs

Definitely thought I'd be up after the past two weeks, had birthday and christening with all the works so happy to still be moving in the right direction. Back training after an injury as well so hope to kick on over the next few weeks

14st 1lb now

Progress is slow but said from the start I'd be happy with slow progress as long as it was sustainable so hoping this is the case

14st 1lb now

Progress is slow but said from the start I'd be happy with slow progress as long as it was sustainable so hoping this is the case

Excellent going fair play! What do you think the biggest factor has been ?

Weighed in at 94.1kg this morning. I'm aiming to get down to 85kg before my wedding at the end of October.

86.8 today. 1.8kg to go before the 26th

Excellent going fair play! What do you think the biggest factor has been ?

Better choices and more exercises. Diet is far from perfect but a lot less chocolate and biscuits.

I know they say that it is 75% Diet and the rest exercise but I definitely think exercise has a bigger impact for me. Plus if I am also exercising I am less likely to eat rubbish on that day.

I think not strictly dieting as such is a help because I am not thinking about food in particular just trying to make better choices for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I think not strictly dieting as such is a help because I am not thinking about food in particular just trying to make better choices for the long term.
    Well done. I wouldn't dismiss the diet, but that's why calorie counting/ my fitness pal worked for me - incremental changes rather than a big bang. If you can do that without the calorie counting, it's probably better long term.

I still don't think I personally could, as I look at a portion of muesli now, and still go "really? that's it?"! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Lost 3 kgs in a 40days with a simple low carb/sugar, high fat diet. minimal exercise.

height:170cm
    Weight: 68.5kgs on Sept 1st week
    Weight: 65.5kgs now
    Target weight: 58-60 Kgs by year end

Morning smoothie, with frozen berries, avocado, flax seeds seems to be helping

Cheers to everyone who is attempting lose weight.

• Advertisement

Advertisement