Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of being fat

Options

Comments

Was a bad boy this weekend. 93.5kg. Ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

I'm 6ft and 120Kg.

Really piled on the weight over two years of excess and a gain of 3.7 stone.

I've found it really hard to get healthy veggies into my diet, so I've gotten myself a NutriNinja.

Have a shake for Breakfast and Lunch, with normal dinner then. I've cut out alcohol as well, which I think was the main reason I piled on the pounds!

Morning shakes include, Kale, Spinach, Carrot, Ginger, Flax Seed, Banana and Water or Natural Yogurt. The Lunch one is the same more or less.

I've only started this week, but my energy levels are already great and I'm feeling positive.

I'll report back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Monday Weigh in

114 KG
    Good week
    bringing lunch to work helped , few pints watching England getting knocked out did not ,the worst thing about the few pints was probably not even all the calories in the pints but actually the bad eating the day after to sooth hang over.

Gym Sessions are tough but will stick with them for at least the month
    Great loss fair play. Your well on your way to being the 10 lbs round one champion! Only 1.2 lbs to go.

iamtony wrote: »
    Ok op I just weighed in. I'm 101.5kg which is 15 stone 13 poundish.
    I challenge you to a duel...a weight loss duel! First to loose 10 pounds wins round one!
    P. S your bmi says you obese.

I weighed in at 99.5 this morning. Had a couple of bad day this weekend. Drink is my biggest downfall. And the ordering Chinese afterwards. Anyway still down that's the main thing, and eating really well otherwise.
    Got the bike out which was great but got a puncture and had to get a taxi home:)

92.5 this morning! If I can get sub 90 (even 89.9) by the end of the month I will be a happy bunny

• Advertisement

The lift in my job says "Max Occupancy 800kg or ten persons"

****ing fatshaming pricks

92.5 this morning! If I can get sub 90 (even 89.9) by the end of the month I will be a happy bunny

That's great you 95.6 this time last week!

The op still hasn't replied since he started the thread, wonder what happened to him?

The op still hasn't replied since he started the thread, wonder what happened to him?

I think we accidentally hijacked it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Monday Weigh in

114 KG
    Good week
    bringing lunch to work helped , few pints watching England getting knocked out did not ,the worst thing about the few pints was probably not even all the calories in the pints but actually the bad eating the day after to sooth hang over.

Gym Sessions are tough but will stick with them for at least the month

Monday weigh in
    112 KG
    Good week not helped by a bit of over indulgence at the weekend

Finding Gym very hard but sticking to it
    Doing two sessions a week in the gym with a PT , hoping to start introducing a 3rd session on my own but I am so wasted after the two i need the 4 day break to face it again right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

Monday weigh in
    112 KG

Doing two sessions a week in the gym with a PT , hoping to start introducing a 3rd session on my own but I am so wasted after the two i need the 4 day break to face it again right now.

Find another PT, you should be enjoying your training and you definitely should not be that tired. He/she is supposed to be increasing your workload very gradually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Oh forgot to weigh myself this morning!

SSr0 wrote: »
    Find another PT, you should be enjoying your training and you definitely should not be that tired. He/she is supposed to be increasing your workload very gradually.

I am though coming from a very sedentary base ,to be honest I was wiped after the warm up on day 1 !!
    Will see out my month and if I am not feeling it I will switch to another PT

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any PT would have you wrecked, too early to tell about that. After my first PT session ever I couldn't stand up for 15 minutes, had lost partial hearing in one of my ears for a few minutes and could barely move my arms to shower. That quickly fades and you find things much easier.

91.7 kg this morning. Few drinks over the weekend so probably dehydrated weightloss.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Back up to 15 2 after a week away drinking and eating out

92.2 today. aim is to see the numbers 90 on the scale by the weekend. Don't care if it's 90.9, just want the milestone.

I was 98.9 the other morning. Struggling with the family ordering and eating out and drinking. Today for instance. Missus was in work at 4 and it was half 2 and we were out and about and if we didn't get something out she wouldn't eat. Now I'm not the type of guy to sit in supermacs and order water and a burger with no buns. All told the meal worked out at 1800 calories in fitness pal. Shocking stuff.
    Still eating a lot better and probably only half the calories was was eating at my worst but progress is slow.
    The first week the family was away so it was a lot simpler to eat properly. Now I go to the fridge and I'm missing ingredients and stuff like that so take the easier option in front of me rather than going to the shop.

I was 98.9 the other morning. Struggling with the family ordering and eating out and drinking. Today for instance. Missus was in work at 4 and it was half 2 and we were out and about and if we didn't get something out she wouldn't eat. Now I'm not the type of guy to sit in supermacs and order water and a burger with no buns. All told the meal worked out at 1800 calories in fitness pal. Shocking stuff.
    Still eating a lot better and probably only half the calories was was eating at my worst but progress is slow.
    The first week the family was away so it was a lot simpler to eat properly. Now I go to the fridge and I'm missing ingredients and stuff like that so take the easier option in front of me rather than going to the shop.

feel your pain buddy.

was 92.7 this morning. stupid couple of beers and absentmindedly munching on jellies.

the elusive 90kgmark will have to wait one more weekend

feel your pain buddy.

was 92.7 this morning. stupid couple of beers and absentmindedly munching on jellies.

the elusive 90kgmark will have to wait one more weekend
    I think the most important thing is to just plough on after these upsets. If we stick to the plan most of the time in the long run we will loose significantly.
    Me and my missus tend to work against each other. While she was in slimming world I was eating everything in front of her, making her cheat and now its vice versa. I think we have some weird psychological war game going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A lot of people use Cheat Days, like eating whatever you want every second Saturday or whatever. I don't believe in them, and the main reason I don't is because you'll have days like the above where events largely outside your control will push you over your diet limits. Those days will happen. The important thing is to not let it become 'most days' or 'regular days'.

Plan ahead as much as possible and stock up on healthy stuff that doesn't go bad as quickly, so you always have something healthy to fall back on. I normally have a small bowl of cereal and low-fat milk for breakfast, but the milk was gone off this morning, however I have a good few small pots of tuna infusions (tuna with chillis and peppers etc) that I keep as healthy snacks or, like in this case, emergency meal replacements. Saves me rummaging through cupboards and falling back on something I shouldn't be having, or grabbing something easy in a shop on the way to work.

iamtony wrote:
    I think the most important thing is to just plough on after these upsets. If we stick to the plan most of the time in the long run we will loose significantly. Me and my missus tend to work against each other. While she was in slimming world I was eating everything in front of her, making her cheat and now its vice versa. I think we have some weird psychological war game going on.

Ha we are in very very similar situations.

Morning weight in gave me 91.8

• Registered Users Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Penn wrote: »
    A lot of people use Cheat Days, like eating whatever you want every second Saturday or whatever. I don't believe in them, and the main reason I don't is because you'll have days like the above where events largely outside your control will push you over your diet limits. Those days will happen. The important thing is to not let it become 'most days' or 'regular days'.
    In my experience, I would say it depends. I kept my Friday night beer and crisp night, and Sunday evening couple, as for me (rightly or wrongly - that's a whole other debate) they're an important social outlet and mentally I needed them. I just accepted they'd slow the loss.

I did and do try to avoid binge/ cheat days on food, but the important thing is to not let it spiral into a weekend or week (unless you're on holiday). It happens that you're out and about and you have to eat. You can bring stuff with you, or try to go for pub food rather than a takeaway - they'll normally have a relatively healthy option (even a meat and two veg) rather than burger and chips.

In the takeaway, try to weigh up options first is another thing. BK's bacon double cheeseburger was always my favourite - it's still hard, but a big calorie saving, to stick with regular rather than XL. Same with the fries.

Based on experience, I'd also avoid trying to compensate too much before or after when you know something is coming up or you had a bad day. That just lead to me cracking and binging worse than if I'd eaten normally up to then.

My "cheat" meals are fakeaways these days. They're usually not much more than a "normal" meal - it normally depends how many "fries"/ wedges I decide to go for with the taco mince and sauce!

90.4 today!!!!!

90.4 today!!!!!

Ding ding ding we have a winner! Congrats, your loosing at a rapid pace well done.
    Now the prize for winning the 10 pound challenge is.... A large breakfast roll to cure that hangover:)
    P. S I'm not even weighing myself today. 5 beers, 3 chicken balls and about 20 chips dipped in curry last night says I should wait till tomorrow!

I'm out for a burger and salad now to celebrate. Counter productive I know but I'm bloody starving

I'm out for a burger and salad now to celebrate. Counter productive I know but I'm bloody starving

Monday weigh in
    112 KG

Monday weigh in 111KG
    Tough to be so good all week and only see the dial move slightly but I guess its going to be slower as my Body reacts

• Registered Users Posts: 23 notmypants

Stop dieting. Change your lifestyle.

Diet is a restriction of the things you enjoy and eventually you will binge as your mentality is to reward yourself with junk. This is what most diets do.

Change your lifestyle. Start forgetting about all the junk you use to like and reward yourself with healthier options...takes some time but eventually all the sugar cravings, msg, salt, savoury cravings will vanish.

It has to be a lifestyle change instead of diet.

I have gone from 106kg to 88kg. 5'11. This is probably my natural weight. I'm not super skinny and I'm not fat. I have muscle, I cycle daily and I can run a 5k sub 19mins.

I realised very early on that it's not about weight to height ratios. You can be heavy and healthy. Muscle weighs more than fat, so don't focus on your weight, focus on being healthy and everything else will find a balance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Monday weigh in

Week 1: 86.2kg
    Week 2: 83.9kg
    Week 3: Forgot
    Week 4: 83.3kg

Flat out in the gym, reckon I'm building a bit of muscle so it might reflect what notmypants said about it weighing more than fat. Feeling good anyway and clothes are definitely looser!

Advertisement