Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - July game sign up - starting 29.07.2018

Options

Comments

I'll play

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'll play

You must give your dinosaur name first

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Partlodocus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

have any conclusions been made as a result of the poll carried out?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Okay.

Sullysorus reporting for duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

That site wouldn't work for me the first time but today it's given me: Molllodocus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Trikandatops

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here's me when someone argues with the next of my next madcap schemes :P

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Digichiosaurus is me, sounds like a Tamogotchi or something

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

#FFANoLynch anyone?

:pac:

• Advertisement

Necrominus wrote: »
    #FFANoLynch anyone?

I'd be well up for that considering how quickly I got lynched in the last game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Necrominus wrote: »
    #FFANoLynch anyone?

Of ALL people to suggest this. :rolleyes:

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Of ALL people to suggest this. :rolleyes:

:( Do I have to go through the plan again as per Eastenders :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

sKeith wrote:
    have any conclusions been made as a result of the poll carried out?

Anon is leading but we haven't made a decision on when to close the poll yet. Will probably make a call early next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakersaurous is signing up. Ill take part even if I cant play anywhere near to as much as Id like to with the new job.

Also this

Pter wrote: »
    Anon is leading but we haven't made a decision on when to close the poll yet. Will probably make a call early next week.

I don't believe people have the ability to change their votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Kittiraptor is ready to play

486527129_54c1152fa4.jpg

sKeith wrote: »
    I don't believe people have the ability to change their votes.

More people can join and deserve to have their say as well (to a point, we arent going to leave the decision right up to the game begins).

I think I forgot to sign up. I is in

Brilliant - glad to have you SM (and sorry Sully i missed you submitted your dino name!)

• Advertisement

Another point for discussion that we intend to do during this game (but welcome feedback either way).

We will be closing the thread after lynch and re-opening it an hour before munch.

Thoughts?

Another point for discussion that we intend to do during this game (but welcome feedback either way).

We will be closing the thread after lynch and re-opening it an hour before munch.

Thoughts?

Love it. I enjoyed the down time in my MU game (although they were 36 hr phases, but it's nice to have time to regroup).

I'd be in favour of giving it a lash here anyways, see how it works out.

Thoughts?

What time is lynch, what time is munch, can't really contribute to discussion without that info.

Normal 9pm lynch. Normal 10am munch.

So, thread is open from 9am until 9pm.
    Not for me, i'd hardly be able to contribute anything to the game.
    I suppose I could pre-write a ton of stuff and copy paste it onto the thread when i find a few minutes free in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah I think we should keep it open at all times, maybe close it for an hour after lynch, but not any longer.

Remember the midnight fun in the last game

Also, if you are going to close thread for night, close it for the whole night. don't open it 1 hour before munch. It will remove the whole "i'll post at 9:59" thing. that is so against the spirit of the game, its nuts! Its done, because our format allows it to happen, closing nights or closing an hour before munch will put a stop to it. opening an hour before munch just encourages it :(

sKeith wrote:
    Also, if you are going to close thread for night, close it for the whole night. don't open it 1 hour before munch. It will remove the whole "i'll post at 9:59" thing. that is so against the spirit of the game, its nuts! Its dont, because our format allows it to happen, closing nights or closing an hour before munch will put a stop to it. opening an hour before munch just encourages it

The intention behind the idea wasn't to stop that happening. It will or it won't happen. You will just get the reveals before lynch if we close the entire night.

Its more to keep posting to a slower pace so there aren't pages and pages to catch up on in the am. I think it might help with people who find 3000+ posts in 4/5 days too much to keep track of.

I think it also might encourage more thought out plays and posts, but I don't see the harm in that.

Well, the other side to the argument is that people who go to bed fairly early don't have to wade through pages of stuff the next morning. Night time frolics can be fun I agree but some people get annoyed about it...

I don't mind either way tbh but imo it's worth a trial anyways.

• Advertisement

It's not 100% sk and we do take feedback on board. The game doesn't hinge on this one, so I'm happy to review this as it isn5 core to the mechanics of our specific game.

It's gonna be a mod decision, informed by feedback though.

Advertisement