Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - July game sign up - starting 29.07.2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

beakerjoe wrote:
    When do I have to sign up as i cant commit yet

Tbc but see how your first couple of weeks in the new job go.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

With his 19,000th post, this guy is in!

kKUduCs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

I'm in

tenor.gif?itemid=5307212

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

With his 19,000th post, this guy is in!

kKUduCs.jpg

Link plz

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

MicksDinosaur

Jaguasaurus no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I’m in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

quickbeam wrote: »
    We going anon or non anon?
    Tbc
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    When do I have to sign up as i cant commit yet
    Pter wrote: »
    Tbc but see how your first couple of weeks in the new job go.

will the anon/ non anon question be answered before the signups close?

sKeith wrote: »

or to be more frank, i'll be in if anon, out if non anon. so i'd like to reserve a place if its anon, but like to request dr access if its non anon.

• Advertisement

or to be more frank, i'll be in if anon, out if non anon. so i'd like to reserve a place if its anon, but like to request dr access if its non anon.

There's a lot of finger pointing :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I've been dead against anon for the longest time. I thought it ruined the community feel of the game.

However, the last few - BTTF and EE I'm actually coming around to the idea. Compare: I was Seer in Father Ted where I played non-anon and had to come out super-quick in the game because I wasn't able to lie low without being suspicious, and was actually about to be shot (thanks Lordy!!). But I was Priest in EE and Angus got to stay quiet until the opportune moment to reveal myself. Both were equally enjoyable, but the competitive side of me liked that I could hide behind my anon account in EE.

Link plz

Sorry about the delayed response but yeah Mrs Flush (probably just googled Dinosaur name generator as I did) has it right above.

I do like the theme Idea as it really does fit WW well

The Mods:
    hammond_1.png
    latest?cb=20141204101759310?cb=20180406230329

The Villagers:

Roled Villagers: Goldbloom, Sam Neil, Laura Dern, Julianne Moore, Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard

NRV: all those screaming kids

The Vig:
    85ecaba235dfa77a662766f262f15f2a.jpg

The Wolves:
    All the Dinos

The Flavor:

Wolf munch
    giphy57.gif?w=620&h=332&crop=1

I'm sure I left loads of potential characters out like Sam Jackson from the original for example but im not running this sniz afterall just saying its a perfect WW choice!

We were looking at the idea of mixed anon and non-anon and would welcome peoples input with regards to whether they think that would be a good idea.

I.e. If you choose anon, we give you an anon account, if you choose non-anon, you get to use your normal account.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

We were looking at the idea of mixed anon and non-anon and would welcome peoples input with regards to whether they think that would be a good idea.

I.e. If you choose anon, we give you an anon account, if you choose non-anon, you get to use your normal account.

No. Wouldn't like that. One or another only.

Wouldn't mind either way (or both) personally but obviously you become less anonymous the more non anons there are

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:

I'd like to see how that worked as game concept tbh too.

Stick me down for non-anon if ye decide to go this way.

I ain't afraid of no din....

Oops. Wrong franchise :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I've been dead against anon for the longest time. I thought it ruined the community feel of the game.

However, the last few - BTTF and EE I'm actually coming around to the idea. Compare: I was Seer in Father Ted where I played non-anon and had to come out super-quick in the game because I wasn't able to lie low without being suspicious, and was actually about to be shot (thanks Lordy!!). But I was Priest in EE and Angus got to stay quiet until the opportune moment to reveal myself. Both were equally enjoyable, but the competitive side of me liked that I could hide behind my anon account in EE.
    Agree. Even though Pter (or maybe most people?) can spot me from a mile away in an anon account anyway, I think I was better able to hide as Holly in the last game for longer than I would've been had I been playing as Molly. Mostly coz my stupid mouth would've gotten me into trouble again! Holly gave me a little more time to be stupid as (most) people (I hope) didn't realise it was me.
    No. Wouldn't like that. One or another only.
    Also agree. I don't see how a mix would work.

Why don't you think it would work guys? Genuinely looking for feedback....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Pter wrote:

Ha. Afraid of shiny new things perhaps? I remember it being mooted before (was it our Buffy game) and it was completely shot down as well.

Personally, my opinion is if mods want to try these things out then fire ahead.

I don't mind either way, if some people want to play anon that's fine with me - just new names to verbally abuse in game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

It's not being afraid of new things. by all means if you want to try it out then go for it. It's worth a shot.
    I think however that if you're one of the people who have chosen non-anon you'll get targeted by wolves early, or you'll be the focus of more discussion within the group just simply because they have a history that they can call on for you. This is fine when everyone is using their own boards accounts but when only half the group are, it becomes unbalanced.
    In a game where the entire point is that so much is unknown, the things that are known and can be analysed will be focused on more. Maybe even more than normal. So if you have a rolled villager who's chosen to use their own account then they're much more exposed than the anon villagers.

I'm not sure when you would make the choice but if you choose to be anon AFTER the roles were given out then some people might jump on that then. "Why did you choose to be anon? You must have something to hide, lets question you for no other reason"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What would the advantages be of playing with both?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    What would the advantages be of playing with both?

One wouldnt have to be determining whether to play based on anon vs non-anon.

If people are more comfortable playing in one or the other, they can.

Its not set in stone. Its just a new idea to try, so worth discussing i think.

I think thats about it.

Or play as both!

I am BH and Isla WW, both can post on thread but if 1 dies both die!

Not sure (if the above is a genuine suggestion nor) what the benefit would be but id always be in favor of new ideas like these if it fit a necessary mechanic of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Pter - can you post this game in the new game sticky?

kitten_k wrote: »
    Pter - can you post this game in the new game sticky?

Good shout! Yes, thank you for reminding me!!

The closer it gets to a 50/50 split the better for obvious reasons, there probably be a few things to iron out with concept but id love to see it in action once

If you do decided to go with it i'll play as either (whatever is handiest for mods)
    Or play as both!

I am BH and Isla WW, both can post on thread but if 1 dies both die!

Not sure (if the above is a genuine suggestion nor) what the benefit would be but id always be in favor of new ideas like these if it fit a necessary mechanic of the game.

sounds like you're onto the beginning of the avatar or matrix game

The closer it gets to a 50/50 split the better for obvious reasons, there probably be a few things to iron out with concept but id love to see it in action once

Yeah, I think that's the thing for me too, be interested in seeing how it works at least once.

Anon, non anon. Don't matter to me I make myself a target regardless :pac:

I dunno what my Dino name would be. I think I’d just be

That drink they wash down their dinner with.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a great idea. Love to see it play out and would be very interested in how many would actually go for using their non anon accounts.

Advertisement