Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - July game sign up - starting 29.07.2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Pter wrote: »
    The only other way you could do it (close the thread) and avoid giving the wolves an advantage would be to have them lock in their munch before the thread reopens (at 8am, an hour before munch). I think that would eliminate the issue you brought up around wolves being able to capitalise on reveals before lynch, SK?

Still taking your feedback regarding people who like to post during the night on board, so we havent made a call on this 100% either way yet.

Appreciate that feedback Trit - really liked your secret sign up idea myself! Too late for this game, but if it hasnt been done before my next game, maybe my fellow co-mods would be up for giving it a shot!

There are some other new stuff we are introducing in the game btw, but we are keeping that secret until the game starts. So rest assured there will be cool new things to experience in this game, even though we arent doing the mixed anon/non-anon and may or may not do the thread locking at night.

It’s funny but I’d see the night locking not so much as giving the wolves an advantage as taking an advantage away from the village (I know, six of one, half dozen of the other) . Someone made the point that night is the wolves time and I kind of agree. I also like that it forces village players to come up with new ways to use and protect their role. It’s interesting that over on MU, where night is generally (fully) locked, there are still strategies employed to protect and leverage village power, such as early n0 claims etc (n0 is usually a villager peek given to the seer for those not familiar with MU) so I guess it’s just about adapting our games while keeping balance.

If our intent was to quell individual people we wouldn't have put it out there looking for feedback.

We are allowed to moot ideas sk. It's not a personal attack.

You could have just said 'We're toying with this idea since Stu Redman has signed up for the game', and be done with it :pac:

Ah no, I like that some fresh ideas are being thrown around for this game. I wasn't here to chime in on the mixed accounts idea, but that was an interesting one for example.

As regards night time posting and closing the thread - I can see why this would have its merits, but as a player who sometimes can only find decent free time to post during those late hours, I'd be against it.

Also, close the thread during night-time, and the likes of Riona v the wolves and SK from the Eastenders game would never happen. That episode might not have went too well for you and I Pter as members of Team Wolf, but it was unreal fun.

Would there be a middle-ground? Maybe a post limit between the hours of 10pm and 10am?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Would there be a middle-ground? Maybe a post limit between the hours of 10pm and 10am?

We shoot one person at random each morning from those that post during the night. It's the only way. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

First couple of days in our game are deffo not gonna be aimless.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Probably shouldnt but Im sure I'll find time.

If you're taking signups, I will play please.

• Advertisement

Welcome on board!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Kolido wrote: »

g6m0rhy.gif?w=633&h=272

Welcome to my world, Kolido :pac::pac:

Be a Kolido not a Kolidon't

Regarding closing the thread overnight, I dont see any benefit to it tbh. Though trying it out is worth a discusion at least. Imo, in recent games there has been less over night posting, catching up in the morning has not been an issue. If you do close it, wouldnt it be only fair that the backrooms are closed also (not sure if thats possible or how munch targets would work).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Started the new job today, no way will I be playing WW in work.

But I'll still play.

• Advertisement

Best of luck to you BJ! Any contribution is always welcome of course!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'm saying this as a n00b obviously, but if you cut down the chatter, do you not end up with a more aimless first couple of days?

Putting restrictions of chatter might help those who struggle to catch up with the thread, but it'd be detrimental in a game where tasks are involved. There'd be absolutely zero place to hide tasks if there was no chatter. Plus, it'd all become a bit too serious if we just stuck to the business of the game and nothing but the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

do i have to pick a dino name before i get to see my name in post #1 list?

sKeith wrote:
    do i have to pick a dino name before i get to see my name in post #1 list?

..........yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

dino name is sKutellosaurus

sKeith wrote:
    dino name is sKutellosaurus

Pleasure doing business with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I was hoping for a Dino Crisis reference from sKeith..... sadface

Which reminds me. Fixxxer and Kolido. You owe me dino names.

EDIT: BJ you too I think...

MicksFunkasaurus

MicksPterodactyl

MicksBeerasaurus

Very good Mick.

Gold star.

• Advertisement

Very good Mick.

Gold star.

3 gold stars :pac:

Kolidosaurus

Im very original

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Kolidosaurus

Im very original

Nah dude, you're more of a Kolipiocephale

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Nah dude, you're more of a Kolipiocephale

A knucklehead :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

..........yes.

Yay!

I got Tritsanosaurus Rex

Happy with that one :)

Which reminds me. Fixxxer and Kolido. You owe me dino names.

EDIT: BJ you too I think...

Denver :)

denver_the_last_dinosaur_by_morteneng21-daosod2.jpg

fixxxer wrote:
    Denver

Pantydraco it is so.

Pantydraco it is so.

You've been reading my Harry Potter fan fictions.

fixxxer wrote:

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

fixxxer wrote:

Post of the day right here :pac:

Advertisement