Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic Werewolf - July game sign up - starting 29.07.2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

sKeith wrote:
    Sounds like a great idea. Love to see it play out and would be very interested in how many would actually go for using their non anon accounts.

*Hand in the air*

Me, me, me anyways :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

We will have a look at all the feedback and make a call on it. If there is more feedback, please post it up!

Necrominus wrote: »
    Yeah, I think that's the thing for me too, be interested in seeing how it works at least once.

Anon, non anon. Don't matter to me I make myself a target regardless :pac:

Ya ah sorry about that buddy but I hadn't slept in a long time and I thought you were going to shoot me, 50 years waiting to be a vig and I finally get it you were going to take it away from me I couldn't let that happen :D

I dunno what my Dino name would be. I think I’d just be

That drink they wash down their dinner with.

Water :pac:

Strawbmilkodylus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I love it if it was randomly assigned by the mods, like half are anon and half non anon,

• Advertisement

Poll added folks. After discussions with my fellow mods, we dont think mixed is really going to suit the game we have. So its a choice between anon or non-anon (or either if you arent fussy).

Mixed is off the table!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

sounds like you're onto the beginning of the avatar or matrix game

I had Avatar in my head as I was thinking that up but would not be enough of a fan of it to get things going. The Matrix could be a good shout.

Not sure if given the choice which i'd pick in this game with both in play. Maybe i'd cautiously lean towards anon but if it was randomly chosen (doubt it considering someone already said they wouldn't play if it was one way) I'd take whatever.

edit: moot point - I voted either

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Going to take a break for a few months, busy at work and cant commit enough time Im afraid.

Great theme and best of luck everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Agree. Even though Pter (or maybe most people?) can spot me from a mile away in an anon account anyway, I think I was better able to hide as Holly in the last game for longer than I would've been had I been playing as Molly. Mostly coz my stupid mouth would've gotten me into trouble again! Holly gave me a little more time to be stupid as (most) people (I hope) didn't realise it was me.

Also agree. I don't see how a mix would work.

I don't spot people at all in anon accounts, pter and necro seem to make a game out of discovering the people behind the accounts, where as i just play the game as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I love it if it was randomly assigned by the mods, like half are anon and half non anon,

This would maybe make it less onerous. The choice wouldn't be seen as a strategy then either way.

• Advertisement

I would like to play as Pter, Duffman

I would like to play as Pter, Duffman

By all means.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭tritium

Pter wrote: »
    We were looking at the idea of mixed anon and non-anon and would welcome peoples input with regards to whether they think that would be a good idea.

I.e. If you choose anon, we give you an anon account, if you choose non-anon, you get to use your normal account.

This is an interesting one. I’d worry that once we know who’s playing then unless you have a critical mass of anons it would reduce to people trying to figure out the boards player. That said I think there’s a lot of fun to be had with a mixed game. It would probably work better where you didn’t have an open signup list though, I.e. people pm you their name to sign up and only the ones who ask for non anon are ever named in the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

tritium wrote: »
    This is an interesting one. I’d worry that once we know who’s playing then unless you have a critical mass of anons it would reduce to people trying to figure out the boards player. That said I think there’s a lot of fun to be had with a mixed game. It would probably work better where you didn’t have an open signup list though, I.e. people pm you their name to sign up and only the ones who ask for non anon are ever named in the thread

I LOVE the idea of a secret signup game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

tritium wrote: »

I like the idea of this but I wouldn't bother naming anyone in the thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

sKeith wrote: »
    I don't spot people at all in anon accounts, pter and necro seem to make a game out of discovering the people behind the accounts, where as i just play the game as it is.

The first anon game I played, I did try and figure out who's who but haven't bothered since. I only knew Pter cause of his slip-up and Necro because of his Necroisms this last game. Other than that, I'd not a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

We should have an annon game sometime but made up of players names

Pter WW - Seer
    Mrs Flushdraw WW - Priest
    Shatterproof WW -dies on day0
    Micksjaguar WW - Vig

Etc,etc,etc

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We should have an annon game sometime but made up of players names

Pter WW - Seer
    Mrs Flushdraw WW - Priest
    Shatterproof WW -dies on day0
    Micksjaguar WW - Vig

Etc,etc,etc

Which role do you and I get :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Necrominus wrote: »
    Which role do you and I get :P

You'd be a wolf, but have to perform a number of specific gif tasks to be able to kill and join your teammates in the backroom

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

You'd be a wolf, but have to perform a number of specific gif tasks to be able to kill and join your teammates in the backroom

I accept this role, and the tasks that accompany it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In if there's still room.

First time playing on boards but I played for many years on 2+2 and a little on mafia universe so I'd be familiar :)

Welcome on board!

I can see us all having to do a bit of this in the game...

giphy.gif

There will actually be surprisingly few dinosaurs in this game.

There will actually be surprisingly few dinosaurs in this game.

tumblr_npov2lO2da1s2wio8o4_500.gif

Hmmm 13 sign ups and yet 17 poll votes.....hmmmm

Anyone else considering signing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Me

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

I could potentially be persuaded...I have a very important task that will be completed on the 30th...

sullivlo wrote: »
    I could potentially be persuaded...I have a very important task that will be completed on the 30th...

Here is my pitch:

Ah go on :)

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »

:eek:

tenor.gif?itemid=11694475

Advertisement