Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking - to a swinger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Neyite wrote: »
    This is your AMA, not mine. :)
    But you get the point they were making right??

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Are there couples who don't actually have sex with others, but like to be watched/watch others and what do the "actual" swingers think of that?

Does bukkake ever happen?

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

seannash wrote: »
    But you get the point they were making right??

The two things are absolutely not the same thing. I am really surprised at the blase attitude to their own health and their partners'

• Company Representative Posts: 201 Verified rep I'm a swinger, AMA

This is your AMA, not mine. :)

Exactly. So less judgement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Before I find this thread closed, I'd like to thank both of you for your candid and extensive answers to every question asked.

Also for not getting tetchy at the annoying and judgmental posters.

I hope you both continue to enjoy this side of your lives for as long as you both want.
    It's been very enlightening and I have no problem admitting that I am somewhat jealous!

Thanks so much for reading and partaking and never judging

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Best AMA of all time.

Kudos to both of you.

I have the utmost of respect for your honesty and I think the strength of your relationship is actually quite inspirational.

I'm actually very intrigued about it all.

Thanks again.

....... wrote: »
    Ive gone back and read your earlier comment on STIs - Ive quoted it here for ease.

Easier to respond to it piece by piece I think:

Im not sure what the reference to the 80s is about but STIs are just as transmissible now as they were then.

Even if its just one, that one could have been with one who has a very risky lifestyle. Unless the people you are with are virgins they all expose you to huge risk.

I would think it probably does as most people in their 40s who are settled down are not having sex with strangers. Engaging in the lifestyle at all is a risky behaviour.

Of course there is plenty of activity in youth but most people get tested regularly when they are engaging in risky behaviour. I always have and so do most people I know.

I cant agree re the double figures, I think that some people are a lot shyer than others, so some will have high numbers, some wont. But getting tested has definitely become a more regular thing, as is evidenced by it appearing on the price list in most GP surgeries in recent years - it never used to be listed alongside the price for ordinary blood tests and now it is. Sexual Health Check they usually call it.

I think you should both be getting tested every 3-6 months if you are swinging. I find it difficult to believe that (a) you dont and (b) you think someone is naive and innocent asking about it.

Genuinely - you are the naive one if you think that you are playing the odds better by keeping your numbers down when those numbers consist of people engaging in a risky lifestyle.

It certainly sounds far more dangerous than I assumed it would be. I would have thought that regular testing and proof of a clean bill of sexual health were the norm between participants.

Thanks for your time

Are there couples who don't actually have sex with others, but like to be watched/watch others and what do the "actual" swingers think of that?

Does bukkake ever happen?

Yes. Plenty watch or get watched.

Never witnessed bukkake

of course! just to confirm, I wasn't being judgmental :)

Absolutely not taken as a judgement post. Thanks so much for your time x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

Uncharted wrote:
    I have the utmost of respect for your honesty and I think the strength of your relationship is actually quite inspirational.

This. Couldn't have put it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,220 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If the lifestyle is so amazingly brilliant for you and your husband, why do you seem so defensive when you're questioned on any of the potential negative sides of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I am just going to short quote considering length of post.

In regards the Op Mr & Mrs, you have pointed out this may be dangerous but at the end of the day only they can decide what is an acceptable risk for themselves.

They can't control others risks and yes that could lead to future concerns however you can't go about telling them how they should do things, they are in the scene, they know what they are comfortable with and if soemthing happens it will be for them to deal with.

So many negative folks here its shocking.

To Mr and Mrs Op, thanks for the open and honest answers, certainly was interesting and fun, all the best to you in your sexventures :cool::pac:

Uncharted wrote: »
    Best AMA of all time.

Kudos to both of you.

I'm actually very intrigued about it all.

Thanks again.

We're very happy. Never been happier actually.

Thanks for your time x

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Oral without a condom or dental dam on swinging partners? And neither of you have ever tested yourselves for STI's?

And you think it's grand because the men don't cum in your mouth?

You aren't really selling swinging as good clean fun for adults...

Sorry but who on earth wants to give or receive oral with a condom?

Whenever there is a discussion somewhere about sexual practices whether it be swinging or someone having a new sexual relationship you'll always get somebody coming in preaching about STIs as if every encounter guarantees an infection.

Anyhow, fair play to Mr & Mrs OP for a very honest AMA.

I don't undertstand how people feel they have the right to judge your own adult lifestyle choices that doesn't harm anyone.

If the lifestyle is so amazingly brilliant for you and your husband, why do you seem so defensive when you're questioned on any of the potential negative sides of it.

Not meant in an aggressive or defensive way... apologies if that's what is coming across. As with all defences it can get a bit frustrating when people judge something that is making us happy.

Thanks for your time and again apologies if I've upset anyone by being defensive

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭TheChizler

bluewolf wrote: »
    The two things are absolutely not the same thing. I am really surprised at the blase attitude to their own health and their partners'
    In fairness I think this is a societal thing more than a swinging thing. Just to add my own piece of anecdotal evidence the only acquaintances who I've talked to about getting STI checks who have actually ever had one are a few gay guys I know. Anyone else has never used protection for oral sex or got an STI test, never mind regular ones. I've seen the results of surveys conducted in Irish college campuses and it's pretty much the same. It's probably a little unfair to call the swingers out on it when they don't seem to be acting any more risky than the rest of society.

I am just going to short quote considering length of post.

In regards the Op Mr & Mrs, you have pointed out this may be dangerous but at the end of the day only they can decide what is an acceptable risk for themselves.

They can't control others risks and yes that could lead to future concerns however you can't go about telling them how they should do things, they are in the scene, they know what they are comfortable with and if soemthing happens it will be for them to deal with.

So many negative folks here its shocking.

To Mr and Mrs Op, thanks for the open and honest answers, certainly was interesting and fun, all the best to you in your sexventures :cool::pac:

Thanks so much for your time and participation x

murpho999 wrote: »
    Sorry but who on earth wants to give or receive oral with a condom?

Whenever there is a discussion somewhere about sexual practices whether it be swinging or someone having a new sexual relationship you'll always get somebody coming in preaching about STIs as if every encounter guarantees an infection.

Anyhow, fair play to Mr & Mrs OP very a very honest AMA.

I don't undertstand how people feel they have the right to judge your own adult lifestyle choices that doesn't harm anyone.

High five and thanks for your time and participation x

TheChizler wrote: »
    In fairness I think this is a societal thing more than a swinging thing. Just to add my own piece of anecdotal evidence the only acquaintances who I've talked to about getting STI checks who have actually ever had one are a few gay guys I know. Anyone else has never used protection for oral sex or got an STI test, never mind regular ones. I've seen the results of surveys conducted in Irish college campuses and it's pretty much the same. It's probably a little unfair to call the swingers out on it when they don't seem to be acting any more risky than the rest of society.

And a high five to you. Thanks so much for your time and participation. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭TheChizler

And a high five to you. Thanks so much for your time and participation. X
    Brilliant AMA!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

A few friends are on that scene and they echo your positivity about it. Brilliant AMA thanks for taking the time a day continue having awesome fun 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

I couldnt care less if they want to engage in intravenuous drug use with people and share needles!

I assure you, doesnt matter to me.

Its just surprising that people wouldnt be more interested in monitoring their sexual health when they engage in risky practices.

If you think that someone being surprised is judgemental then fair enough.

Zzzzzzzzzz.

Avoid the thread if it bothers you.

I couldnt care less if they want to engage in intravenuous drug use with people and share needles!

I assure you, doesnt matter to me.

Its just surprising that people wouldnt be more interested in monitoring their sexual health when they engage in risky practices.

If you think that someone being surprised is judgemental then fair enough.

Risky? ... 3 people over the space of a year and a half.

Far riskier happening in coppers I believe.

But thanks again for your time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

From reading the thread I am surprised with the infrequency of your participation. I always figured that most people who are into it would be attending at least once a month.
    I'm sure some do. I guess its refreshing to see that its not as all encompassing as one might believe.
    Fair play for the AMA, great to see it discussed so openly and that most are open to it.

seannash wrote: »
    From reading the thread I am surprised with the infrequency of your participation. I always figured that most people who are into it would be attending at least once a month.
    I'm sure some do. I guess its refreshing to see that its not as all encompassing as one might believe.
    Fair play for the AMA, great to see it discussed so openly and that most are open to it.

Again you are right it's something that can happen on a weekly basis .. daily even.. but not in our case and you can enjoy the experience without it taking over your life.

When swinging takes over your life it's probably fair to say it's time to back off.

We have jobs and a family and friends and like spending time in all aspects of our lives. Swinging is our personal fun and even if we go to a club we more often then not just end the night together and not in any sort of play with anyone else. Genuinely this is more regular the scenario then sex or oral with anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Tommysocks11

Ever get jealous if ur husband is having sex with a gorgeous lady with bigger ass/boobs than urself or would U imagine him being the same if u were sucking or taking a huge cock??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Oddball: "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement