Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Being plagued with a strong southeasterly sea breeze in Balbriggan, wheres the bloody southwesterly!
    A lot windier here than Dublin airport 25km away, strongest gusts touching 30kmph.
    Wall to wall blue sky over the irish sea, some fluffy cumulus cloud over the land. The cloud has retreated further inland away from the coast through the afternoon, with blue sky taking over completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

That's the first time I've ever seen someone call rain pointless.

I think the feeling is that mizzle only wets eg vegetation, so does no real good as it is the ground that needs the water.. Will check when it stops here to see if the ground is damp although we have had more than mizzle here I am sure. There are small puddles on the concrete path

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

A smoky (from Bray fire) warm evening here, 25C currently, feeling very muggy as little or no wind.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Can really feel the humidity rising here in Kildare ,even with the breeze it feel heavy.
    Going to be warm in the bed tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

Noticable haze of smoke around Leeson St today and a hint of burnt wood. Any idea where this is coming from? I've seen that there's a fire in Bray? What would cause it to carry so far but lie so low?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

ESMITH29 wrote: »
    Noticable haze of smoke around Leeson St today and a hint of burnt wood. Any idea where this is coming from? I've seen that there's a fire in Bray? What would cause it to carry so far but lie so low?

When there's a high pressure over land, smoke/smog doesn't rise upwards as normal becuase it's an area of descending air. This is the reason why Los Angeles constantly has smog issues because South California is frequently under the influence of a semi-permanent high pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ESMITH29

When there's a high pressure over land, smoke/smog doesn't rise upwards as normal becuase it's an area of descending air. This is the reason why Los Angeles constantly has smog issues because South California is frequently under the influence of a semi-permanent high pressure.
    Class! Brilliant to be able to experience it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's 25.7C here in Glasnevin. It's more cloudy now. The high was 26.9C.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Max synops today

26.5 - Oak Park
    26.4 - Casement
    25.7 - Dublin Airport
    23.1 - Gurteen

I was playing golf next door to Casement this afternoon and it was glorious. Lots of Aer Corps helis coming and going with the water buckets.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wind changed to WSW, temperature shot up, currently 26c, feeling tropical outside in the breeze.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Supercell wrote: »
    Wind changed to WSW, temperature shot up, currently 26c, feeling tropical outside in the breeze.

Yep, just up the road from you walking in cabinteely park and it is seriously humid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Was out in dollymount this evening. Beautiful evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Cloudy last few hours...temps still up around 22c and humidity at 70 so feeling very muggy and no breeze. Hate it like this because I know sleep will be difficult.
    Looking at the rain radar a lot of showers heading this way overnight..
    Kildare/Laois border

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Unbroken sunshine all day in Waterford City with a Max Temp of 23.3c. The breeze was an issue with it gusting to 40km/h at times.
    It will be interesting to see how much rain we get in the South East but i'm not expecting any more than 5mm

www.waterfordcityweather.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭mg1982

Its been trying to rain all day here but all we are getting is bits of mist. Hopefully tomorrow brings more. Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful day again, was in a beer garden not far from the coast in Dublin all evening and was sweating just sitting there in the shade. Clouded over a few hours ago but still very warm and humid.

Looks like today will finally be the end of this thread but tentative hints of high pressure returning again next week :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

What a change today, compared to the past 5 days. Blue skies and heat all day, got close to 27C here earlier. currently 22C and a very warm evening like as if I am in Spain. Today was one of the hottest days of the entire year, warmer than the majority of the days over the past 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Clouded over after 3pm after a stunning morning/early afternoon with clear blue sky. AWS max of 24.2c. Currently 19.2c and a light SW breeze. Mostly overcast. Humid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Much rain about ? Looking at the radar it seems showers heading east and currently reaching midland areas..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Just drove from Shannon to Newmarket on Fergus and its light but there is rain, car got a bit of a wash.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The 850 hPa temps of about 8 to 10C tomorrow followed by the cooler 850 hPa temps of about 6C arriving early Mon morning.

tempresult_doj0.gif

ECM showing getting up to 23C tomorrow in parts ( Met Eireann saying Highs up to 22C )

CLV23Z0.png

JkOgLSh.png

Cooler on Monday with best temperatures in the East.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Puddles on the road and splashes from passing cars, along the Corofin to Kilfenora road.....

Such irony posting about rain....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

ECM predicted temperature for Monday

Ydz4n5M.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

I was in several parts of the capital today.
    St.Ann's Park in Raheny, at 2.00pm and the temperature was 26 celsius.

Drove over to the south side and the temperature reading in the car in Macken Street at 5.00pm was 27 celsius.

Back out to Newlands Cross for 7.00pm and the temperature was still 27 celsius.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,509 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

It's still a very mild 19.7C at almost midnight here in Glasnavin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Gonzo wrote: »
    What a change today, compared to the past 5 days. Blue skies and heat all day, got close to 27C here earlier. currently 22C and a very warm evening like as if I am in Spain. Today was one of the hottest days of the entire year, warmer than the majority of the days over the past 4 weeks.

Absolute opposite here, no sunshine with drizzle on and off all day, and slightly heavier rain in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Seen a sight today that I’ve never seen before in this country. Multiple grasshoppers climbing the garden walls

The remnants of Chris and it's frontal bands

NASA Pic earlier today

grqFQJx.jpg

NOAA Chart Valid 18.00

BrHikno.png?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,817 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Drizzle and rain in tuam almost all day. Dare I say it was cold? I had a jumper and a light jacket on when out and about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement