Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turning very warm/hot, heatwave conditions likely; Sunday 24th -->

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

testicles wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the bloody carpark yet?

No effect without an easterly.

Max of 23.1c here in West Clare today, surprised given the forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Some really nasty looking dark clouds about an hour ago, rushed out and brought in all the clothes and they just passed without as much of a drop. Strange

Down by the banks the Slaney,a cloudless, beautiful evening,a view that many would pay a lot of money to see.

Really? I think all of us over the entire country have seen stunning scenes , stunning sunrises & sunsets, beaches, mountains and everything in between this last month. I wouldn’t want to pay a lot of money to see any beauty in nature, it’s free and should be .

Its everywhere if you just open your eyes, beauty in the tiniest thing, like a ladybird on a twig , a butterfly on a flower, rain on a leaf, autumn colors , snow , and the best thing is it’s free to everyone , we don’t have to pay to see the beauty all around all of us.

I’m just back from Vancouver , got the most amazing photos , all free - but I couldn’t say it’s nicer than Ireland , just different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You paid for the flights, accommodation, currency exchange!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Really? I think all of us over the entire country have seen stunning scenes , stunning sunrises & sunsets, beaches, mountains and everything in between this last month. I wouldn’t want to pay a lot of money to see any beauty in nature, it’s free and should be .

Its everywhere if you just open your eyes, beauty in the tiniest thing, like a ladybird on a twig , a butterfly on a flower, rain on a leaf, autumn colors , snow , and the best thing is it’s free to everyone , we don’t have to pay to see the beauty all around all of us.

I’m just back from Vancouver , got the most amazing photos , all free - but I couldn’t say it’s nicer than Ireland , just different.

Did you drive north to Whistler ? Stunning amazing scenery and beauty that blew us away
    Then again so is west Cork and Sligo and Clare .

You paid for the flights, accommodation, currency exchange!

Well I went out there to see my daughter who was sick, the photos were a bonus , but not the purpose of the trip :rolleyes:

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Did you drive north to Whistler ? Stunning amazing scenery and beauty that blew us away
    Then again so is west Cork and Sligo and Clare .

Yes north of Vancouver , Squamish , Vancouver island, Whistler , literally breathtaking scenery . Then I come home and see beautiful skies and seas here and it’s just a different kind of beauty , although I’m beginning to miss the colour green !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Looking warm to hot tomorrow in the E, SE parts of the midlands , inland S looking quite warm also

ECM showing some big Temperatures tomorrow up to 27C ( Met Eireann saying up to 26C )

iifa1Ft.png

JSGYOQ2.png

uD4d4X4.png

AROME not as hot as the ECM which is usually the other way around.

aromehd-41-19-0_erg1.png

8596_cxf6.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Not a cloud in the sky in South tipp,probably the last morning for a while we will see it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Not a cloud in the sky in South tipp,probably the last morning for a while we will see it
    I'm in south Tipp and there's definitely some cloud in the sky bit nothing that offers rain, I thought we could have thunder yesterday evening but it passed.
    Another beautiful morning but it has it's downside, all the fields around here are burned dry.
    I'm not involved in farming but it doesn't take a genius to see how serious this is.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

dieselbug wrote: »
    I'm in south Tipp and there's definitely some cloud in the sky bit nothing that offers rain, I thought we could have thunder yesterday evening but it passed.
    Another beautiful morning but it has it's downside, all the fields around here are burned dry.
    I'm not involved in farming but it doesn't take a genius to see how serious this is.
    If the fields look anything like the grass verges and greens here in Dublin they are in trouble . The grass here is yellow and brown and lifeless . The trees look stressed with yellowing leaves on some of them .
    Beautiful morning in SW Dublin today and a stillness about too , not a puff of wind . The birds are gone very quiet here which is odd

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If the fields look anything like the grass verges and greens here in Dublin they are in trouble . The grass here is yellow and brown and lifeless . The trees look stressed with yellowing leaves on some of them .
    Beautiful morning in SW Dublin today and a stillness about too , not a puff of wind . The birds are gone very quiet here which is odd

The end of the endless heat has at least paused over here. A welcome wind breathing drizzle and some heavier rain.

Our farmers were out until dark last night with all the big machinery they could muster, getting all the hay they could in before today.

But we are still green here. Hector the Wrector helped . Green all around

Birds silent here too; resting after a busy season...

West Mayo; offshore island

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Super day here. Very few clouds, warm breeze, 23 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Fantastic day here in kildare 23c and no cloud with a lovely breeze..
    no rain but plenty of dew in the mornings and can see the grass recovering..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

25 Celsius per the car temperature at Newlands Cross just now. Very bright, sunny, weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

18.8C in Castlebar and very overcast, spots of light drizzle since early morning and the humidity has yet to fall below 90% since midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Never ending summer continues, a bit cool first thing but as soon as the sun got above the yardarm very warm - 23C.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

25c now in Enniscorthy,a bright blue sky overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭zisdead

25C here in Clondalkin. As crazy as this sounds after all we have just had, this day is by far the best. Breeze. Lovely fresh blue skies, and a warmth you can lie out in without a bead of sweat.

Who needs the med?

• Advertisement

Scorching in my back garden in Drogheda - hot and sweaty ..........so hot I had to come in and watch the tennis ! I know I’ll get berated but I was hoping for a cooler day. I’ve lots to do but keep putting it off when the sun comes out and it get hot!

Things are just so dried up , all the shrubs losing their leaves now , golden and rust colors like Autumn , not 14 July . Trying to get birds hydrated but they’ve disappeared lately.

I’m off hiking to Mournes tomorrow so hope it’s cooler . I’ve had enough of this heat ! (I know I know .....I’ll get abuse .....but it’s just me)

Was up in Malahide this morning and there was a huge fire somewhere up around the golf course at the back of the Grand Hotel, fire brigades rushing to it and the entire village was covered in a layer of smoke. I was in a shop the the lady was complaining as the clothes would be smelling of smoke! We never thought we’d have such problems !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

I was out the back trying to do a bit of tidying in the back garden but had to come in out of it, too hot in the open sun.
    The bird can't feed off the soil it's so hard and not much berries yet. They will have moved nearer water I imagine although I can guarantee if I put out the dogs dish with nuts in it I will have about 50 crows in twenty minutes :mad:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Aside from a smoke haze/stench of smoke, a stunning day in Dublin 16. Clear blue skies. Just reached 27.0c.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Lovely around Seapoint, DL, Blackrock but felt sorry for the beach goers in Killiney, it's so windy. If I was going to the beach I'd never go to Killiney, the weather waivers too much even compared to towns just along the dart line.

dieselbug wrote: »
    I was out the back trying to do a bit of tidying in the back garden but had to come in out of it, too hot in the open sun.
    The bird can't feed off the soil it's so hard and not much berries yet. They will have moved nearer water I imagine although I can guarantee if I put out the dogs dish with nuts in it I will have about 50 crows in twenty minutes :mad:

Yes , same, crows, magpies and starlings but none of the little ones .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Only 17c here, but with a 90%+ humidity, feels no more fresher or pleasant than the 20s and 30s of recent times. I can't wait for this summer to end. Rain tot today so far is 0.3mm, which came in the form of a prolonged mizzle that could barely be felt on the skin. Totally pointless and totally useless.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Only 17c here, but with a 90%+ humidity, feels no more fresher or pleasant than the 20s and 30s of recent times. I can't wait for this summer to end. Rain tot today so far is 0.3mm, which came in the form of a prolonged mizzle that could barely be felt on the skin. Totally pointless and totally useless.

That's the first time I've ever seen someone call rain pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭morticia2

Seems to be raining small bits of ash here in Ballybrack, from a clear blue sky. Probably from Bray head, at a guess. Otherwise great drying weather, but methinks I’ll pass on hanging laundry out..🔥😱
    Was up in Malahide this morning and there was a huge fire somewhere up around the golf course at the back of the Grand Hotel, fire brigades rushing to it and the entire village was covered in a layer of smoke. I was in a shop the the lady was complaining as the clothes would be smelling of smoke! We never thought we’d have such problems !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭sunnyday1234

It’s been some 12 months

Storm Ophelia , 2 feet of snow in March and then the relentless heat in summer

Always thought a climate with big contrasts would be great but now I just want our unique weather back

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement