Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

I got placed 113 in my chosen location! I only chose one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Am confused, got palced in order of merit after the assesment questionnaire but was expecting a stage 1 online aptitude test next as this was what haooened in 2016?
    Have they cut out the aptitude stage 1 now and just straight to stage 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Am confused, got palced in order of merit after the assesment questionnaire but was expecting a stage 1 online aptitude test next as this was what haooened in 2016?
    Have they cut out the aptitude stage 1 now and just straight to stage 2?

This what i thought happened as well, online aptitude tests.
    So they are going get people onto Stage 2 (which i presume is interview etc) based on that questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I got placed 125 in westmeath, then a few minutes later got a message saying I've been placed 57 in Roscommon so I'm assuming anyone who got placed for their second should get a message with their place for their first choice as well. Anyone any idea on when/if stage 2 takes place?

Fantastic numbers, congrats. And thanks for confirming that you got 2 separate messages regarding placements - I was concerned I'd get nothing for my other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭finla

Well got the results. I'm 254 for wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Moving2017

busymammy wrote: »
    I know each competition is independent from any other but here is the question-if you have applied for one and are successful and being placed, start working etc. In the meantime you are also being successful in another and also offered position which turns out to be more suitable... Can you exit the pisition you just started and accept the other one without any complications? Or you are tied to it for some time?

if you're placed in one role, and are successful in obtaining another and decide to move the process is the same as if you were leaving, albeit without the tax and pension complications.

You would work your notice in Job 1 and then begin Job 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭gauchesnell

sorry guys ....I didnt get an OOM. Just my score. Is there an additional email with the OOM

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I just got a message to say that I have been placed in order of merit based on my score and should a vacancy arise in my selected area I will be contacted to proceed with stage 2?? I'm confused! is that good or bad? Is that not what everyone else got?

I got the same message. I think if they have like 100 vacancies, they call people in batches of maybe 20 or 40 at a time for stage 2. As people are eliminated they call the next batch and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Are there supervised tests next? It didn’t sound like that from the message but that’s generally the next step. 410 for Sligo ☹️ Are people re ranked after tests/interview or does the current oom stand for the whole process?

I got the same message. I think if they have like 100 vacancies, they call people in batches of maybe 20 or 40 at a time for stage 2. As people are eliminated they call the next batch and so on.

What are the chances of 100 vacancies coming up in the one area? Slim I'd imagine! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Stage 2 is the supervised tests; numerical and verbal reasoning. Stage 3 in interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

I got placed 60 in my first choice and 51 in my second choice what are the actual chances of a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Seems unusual that they would get rid of the at home tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

What are the chances of 100 vacancies coming up in the one area? Slim I'd imagine! :(

I don't know, in waterford there are like 77 CO vacancies in the DEASP & 50+ in revenue alone. I doubt they will all be filled in this competition because of departmental and interdepartmental transfers etc but still theres hope I guess

I just got a message to say that I have been placed in order of merit based on my score and should a vacancy arise in my selected area I will be contacted to proceed with stage 2?? I'm confused! is that good or bad? Is that not what everyone else got?

It means that you wont be in the first batch being called to the next stage, but when they get to you on the list you will be. that is if they move that far down the order of merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Has anyone actually gotten a message stating that they have been called forward to stage 2? if not then perhaps everyone is getting the same message until PAS decide how many they are calling forward fo each location.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭junipergreen

Are there supervised tests next? It didn’t sound like that from the message but that’s generally the next step. 410 for Sligo ☹️ Are people re ranked after tests/interview or does the current oom stand for the whole process?

In the 2014 panel we were re-ranked after the supervised tests, and then maintained that rank after the interview (so the interview was essentially pass/fail).

Well in limerick they have called around 700 at least to stage two testing and possibly interview during the life of the 2016 panel and its not closed yet so it really depends on the area

• Registered Users Posts: 25 WillieHyena

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually gotten a message stating that they have been called forward to stage 2? if not then perhaps everyone is getting the same message until PAS decide how many they are calling forward fo each location.

Everyone has the same message .....it could be a while before they proceed to the next stage....they are still emptying out the 2016 panel ....I applied under the 2016 campaign and only got called for stage 2 6 weeks ago....every district is different

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Grinchy88

Seems unusual that they would get rid of the at home tests?

I thought the same! I was under the impression you did Stage A (the "personality" test) then later did Stage B (numerical and verbal). The you got a number be called for the supervised test.

Maybe its a new process?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

In the 2014 panel we were re-ranked after the supervised tests, and then maintained that rank after the interview (so the interview was essentially pass/fail).

Hopefully I’ll get to that stage, I do much better with psychometric tests than the personality/suitability ones :rolleyes: any idea how many are called forward to stage 2 for tests? I know for mayo CC CO comp they had three days of testing for only 20 jobs before interview stage. There were probably 100 per sitting

Well in limerick they have called around 700 at least to stage two testing and possibly interview during the life of the 2016 panel and its not closed yet so it really depends on the area

Oh really? I'm from a small town so highly unlikely. Better chance of a higher number of positions being called in the larger towns and cities I think! I could be wrong but it's russian roulette now at this stage really isn't it! Let's hope for the best and well done and good luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

I was of the impression that stage 1 was just to see if you were up to the level required and that stage 2 would be where you would be placed on OOM?

Does anyone know the method they use to arrive at the scores given? Is there any transparency on how the marks are arrived at?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CopperLady

Got placed for Cork, does anyone know how many vacancies they are trying to fill here?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭burkemg

I got placed 125 in westmeath, then a few minutes later got a message saying I've been placed 57 in Roscommon so I'm assuming anyone who got placed for their second should get a message with their place for their first choice as well. Anyone any idea on when/if stage 2 takes place?

Fantastic, well done I did a TCO placement in roscommon and it was the standard 14 weeks. Great experience, so now I selected westmeath first and got 443 😔 and Roscommon 223 sad 😔 so a long wait with very little likely to come out of it!! Hard to know how they mark those answers!! Having already experienced the public service seems to have no impact whatsoever!! Good luck with the next stage!

Oh really? I'm from a small town so highly unlikely. Better chance of a higher number of positions being called in the larger towns and cities I think! I could be wrong but it's russian roulette now at this stage really isn't it! Let's hope for the best and well done and good luck to everyone!

It's not based on your town though, it's on your county so if there are decentralised departments in the county or large revenue/social welfare there could be quite a few jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mascherano11

Did they not state in the information booklet on this that most positions are with DPER? Who have big offices in Tullamore Killarney And Galway

Did they not state in the information booklet on this that most positions are with DPER? Who have big offices in Tullamore Killarney And Galway

I think the DPER look after the recruitment for the civil service so not necessarily just vacancy with the DPER! That's what I think anyway. I may be wrong

I think the DPER look after the recruitment for the civil service so not necessarily just vacancy with the DPER! That's what I think anyway. I may be wrong

You're not wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭podsull1

Got placed 109 for kerry and 274 for limerick is that any good :(

Advertisement