Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clerical Officer 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

Redcat75 wrote: »
    No , they tell you on the last page that you won't receive one as the last page is the notification :)

Thanks, the page refreshed before I could read it and asked me for the passcode so I wasn’t sure 😊 :)
    Did you lose internet connection ? There was instructions on the first page on what to do if that happened as it should not of refreshed with out you selecting it . Have you tried going back in to do it again to see if it completed or takes up where you left off ?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dublingirlx

Go ahead and do it , they give you an hour but it only takes 20/25 mins or so to do, I was dreading it but it's actually very straightforward :) good luck :)

Thanks so much. Got the courage and did it. Was actually ok. Delighted now. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Linking123!

Hi
    Did you managed to get the information booklet ? And did you complete Stage 1 yet? How was it?

I got the information booklet and completed Stage 1! How about you? Never had to complete a questionnaire assessment like that before so no idea how I scored. I was probably overthinking trying to figure out the correct answer...hopefully the best possible answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Pamelabeasley

Did you lose internet connection ? There was instructions on the first page on what to do if that happened as it should not of refreshed with out you selecting it . Have you tried going back in to do it again to see if it completed or takes up where you left off ?

I had finished the assessment and submitted it but left it for a few mins and when I went back into the tab it seemed to have refreshed so I didn’t get a chance to read the endscreen, fingers crossed it went through okay

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sportsmedic

Hi All. Im on the HSE Panel at No 13 in Clare and wondering if any vacancies have been recently been filled in this area recently. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Hi All. Im on the HSE Panel at No 13 in Clare and wondering if any vacancies have been recently been filled in this area recently. Thanks.

There is a separate HSE thread on here if you look for it, this is just for the pas co comp that only opened in june

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Redcat75

I had finished the assessment and submitted it but left it for a few mins and when I went back into the tab it seemed to have refreshed so I didn’t get a chance to read the endscreen, fingers crossed it went through okay
    Once you submitted it it's ok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

About 8 months and I was placed no1 in both of my (non Dublin) regions

That was an excellent result Cruncymomma, any tips on how to improve scores on the timed online verbal reasoning and numerical tests.... I always seem to get confused and end up watching the timer instead of concentrating on the questions...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

dorbrogra wrote: »
    That was an excellent result Cruncymomma, any tips on how to improve scores on the timed online verbal reasoning and numerical tests.... I always seem to get confused and end up watching the timer instead of concentrating on the questions...lol

I don't have much advice but I think the most important thing for me was making sure I did it at home, alone in the total quiet. I did the EO ones where there was a few distractions and I scored notably worse than stage one and two of CO and stage two of EO. It also helps me to work out exactly how much time I hsve per question so I don't get bogged down trying to solve one that may be harder, I just guess and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 CopperLady

Does anyone know what type of testing process is involved if called to the next stage? Is it an e-cut style psychometric test or a different kind?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

CopperLady wrote: »
    Does anyone know what type of testing process is involved if called to the next stage? Is it an e-cut style psychometric test or a different kind?

Assuming its the same as the Dublin campaign, then its a supervised aptitude test round that consists of verbal and a numerical interpretation exercises.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭dorbrogra

I don't have much advice but I think the most important thing for me was making sure I did it at home, alone in the total quiet. I did the EO ones where there was a few distractions and I scored notably worse than stage one and two of CO and stage two of EO. It also helps me to work out exactly how much time I hsve per question so I don't get bogged down trying to solve one that may be harder, I just guess and move on.

Thank you for that.....yes the time is the problem, just 2 minutes per question is not enough. Hopefully not too many applied this time, haven't heard any numbers as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 blaagirl03

Got called for stage 2... Delighted... anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

blaagirl03 wrote: »
    No. Nothing here. What county have applied for?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭claregal1

Not for this panel - loads were called for stage 2 from 2016 panel ..myself included , not going to bother though

busymammy wrote: »

2016 panel not 2018

Kilkenny

claregal1 wrote: »
    Not for this panel - loads were called for stage 2 from 2016 panel ..myself included , not going to bother though

Didn't realise it was the 2016 one!!! Thought that it was very fast for the results !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bailey25

So are the questionnaire results for 2018 out yet?

Didn't realise it was the 2016 one!!! Thought that it was very fast for the results !!!

Yeah it says on the email that it is for the 2016 panel . I got called too for Limerick. I'm already in the HSE and looking for change

• Advertisement

Bailey25 wrote: »
    So are the questionnaire results for 2018 out yet?

No - end of July I think

Yeah it says on the email that it is for the 2016 panel . I got called too for Limerick. I'm already in the HSE and looking for change

Mad for a change too...hit the wall in my current job....didn't get offered a test for my 1st choice but need a chance to move on for my sanity!

Mad for a change too...hit the wall in my current job....didn't get offered a test for my 1st choice but need a chance to move on for my sanity!

Yeah same as that 😂 was also called for my second choice.. to be honest I'm in two minds whether to go or not - think it could be good experience if nothing eles maybe for the 2018 panel ...

Yeah same as that 😂 was also called for my second choice.. to be honest I'm in two minds whether to go or not - think it could be good experience if nothing eles maybe for the 2018 panel ...

Go for it!! At least u then have options !

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

So the both of you are currently working as CO's in the civil service??

Is this the only way to get a transfer in the civil service, by reapplying to the current campaign?

HugoMyBoss wrote: »

Is this the only way to get a transfer in the civil service, by reapplying to the current campaign?

I'm working in the Health Service - looking for a change in career

HugoMyBoss wrote: »

No I don't work for public sector...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭busymammy

Does anyone know if public sector jobs are education friendly i.e cover college fees while part time studying? Heard about that but never came accross anyone mentioning

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

Has anyone any recommendations for sites for practice aptitude tests similar to what we will be doing. Anything I have found is looking for a fee. Timimg is my worst bit and I need to practice. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Does anyone know if public sector jobs are education friendly i.e cover college fees while part time studying? Heard about that but never came accross anyone mentioning

Yes they are. You pay the college fee up front for the year and when you pass your year end exams, they will reimburse you the fee.

Advertisement